Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

How long to deliver to US after ED?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2023 | 10:57 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by toph4242
Thank you so much! I will be in touch as I'm sure more questions will arise!
-I am picking up from Leipzig, and dropping off at Sindelfingen.
-The US based Euro program does offer either a flat rate from certain US cities for flights, or you get a Delta discount of 25% if you are not located near one of those cities.
-Thank you for the tips on the extinguisher... I will try not to worry about this too much as its a minor option, and if I have to replace or get my dealer to, so be it... I just wanted to make sure they weren't removing the option from my build sheet since I do want the little cubby/slot for it to sit in under the seat.

Will be in touch!
Thanks
Ah, then somewhat ignore my comments on transfer to Stuttgart from Frankfurt. This being said, they did announce that Leipzig connection would be rebooked as well. Should've mentioned in my first post. Connections are always a risk anywhere when they are tight. I don't know the routing to Leipzig from Frankfurt, but same concept I described may apply.

Salvador is great. Reach out to him directly before your trip to arrange a drop off time. He's super friendly and helpful. He was working solo when I was there, so if you have cars in front of you then you may have to wait. Budget for 45-60 min for drop, more if you like safer. Mine was about 35-45 min and not rushed. This includes unpacking your car, checking it yourself for issues, him inspecting and completing paperwork. Fortunately nobody else was there when I dropped. I rented a car from Enterprise (a short walk from his shop, he offered to drive me but was working alone so couldn't) for the drive to Frankfurt. That was a sweaty drive because of traffic due to lots and lots of construction and it's a lengthy drive anyway, never have I been so worried about missing a flight. Made the flight but not much time to spare, signature class/first class whatever helped to bypass some airport stuff. The rental facility is a long walk from arrivals and departures as well. Some take a taxi or train to Stuttgart airport if that's what you're doing. MB factory is nearby Simovic, I saw some camo MB cars driving around on my walk to Enterprise.

In hindsight I may rethink the travel approach for next time as the drive back to Frankfurt was strictly about commuting rather than seeing anything of interest. I would likely take a train to Frankfurt Intl, fast, cheap, direct and reliable.

To clarify, when I said removed....the option doesn't get removed from the build. Only the physical extinguisher may get removed at Emden port but dealer should replace without issue. But sounds like they are now taking a different approach to avoid having to go through the dealer to replace your extinguisher. I can see that being a hassle as dealers are independent and they will want to recoup cost from PCNA, who will want to recoup from PAG. If you want it on the build sheet, add it. Worst is they remove option and give you money, can add the item at the dealer level and your build sheet will have it. Though dealer may charge more?

Last edited by SToronto; 02-02-2023 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-02-2023 | 11:06 AM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SToronto
Ah, then somewhat ignore my comments on transfer to Stuttgart from Frankfurt. This being said, they did announce that Leipzig connection would be rebooked as well. Should've mentioned in my first post. Connections are always a risk anywhere when they are tight. I don't know the routing to Leipzig from Frankfurt, but same concept I described may apply.

Salvador is great. Reach out to him directly before your trip to arrange a drop off time. He's super friendly and helpful. He was working solo when I was there, so if you have cars in front of you then you may have to wait. Budget for 45-60 min for drop, more if you like safer. Mine was about 35-45 min and not rushed. This includes unpacking your car, checking it yourself for issues, him inspecting and completing paperwork. Fortunately nobody else was there when I dropped. I rented a car from Enterprise (a short walk from his shop, he offered to drive me but was working alone so couldn't) for the drive to Frankfurt. That was a sweaty drive because of traffic due to lots and lots of construction and it's a lengthy drive anyway, never have I been so worried about missing a flight. Made the flight but not much time to spare, signature class/first class whatever helped to bypass some airport stuff. The rental facility is a long walk from arrivals and departures as well. Some take a taxi or train to Stuttgart airport if that's what you're doing. MB factory is nearby Simovic, I saw some camo MB cars driving around on my walk to Enterprise.

In hindsight I may rethink the travel approach for next time as the drive back to Frankfurt was strictly about commuting rather than seeing anything of interest. I would likely take a train to Frankfurt Intl, fast, cheap, direct and reliable.

To clarify, when I said removed....the option doesn't get removed from the build. Only the physical extinguisher may get removed at Emden port but dealer should replace without issue. But sounds like they are now taking a different approach to avoid having to go through the dealer to replace your extinguisher. I can see that being a hassle as dealers are independent and they will want to recoup cost from PCNA, who will want to recoup from PAG. If you want it on the build sheet, add it. Worst is they remove option and give you money, can add the item at the dealer level and your build sheet will have it. Though dealer may charge more?
Thank you! All helpful...

And yes, Understood what you meant about extinguisher... on the US paperwork, there is a place to sign that says "Fire Extinguisher will be removed per VW regulations. Only option is to credit the cost of the option back to the owner"... I just hope this means as you described: at the port they take it and you get the money back, instead of this meaning that they actually refund you the option and remove it from the build sheet... Its very ambiguous language, but I'm sure I am overthinking this and its not going to be removed from my option list as you have stated... I know plenty of people have had their cars delivered without this being an issue so im sure its just there as a precaution on their part.
Old 02-02-2023 | 09:31 PM
bobert75
Racer

Originally Posted by toph4242
PS. My original ED date was supposed to be 6/6 but my paperwork was sent over with a week earlier 5/31... I have an email into Joey, but I guess since my build got moved up 2 weeks they might be trying to move my ED date up too...
Please keep us posted on what happens with your ED date - I find it very disturbing that they sent you a date that didn't match what you got from Joey! I was assuming that the official confirmation would be the point at which you could start making reservations (which are of course critical for summer ED trips) but I suppose not when the dates don't match!
The following users liked this post:
toph4242 (02-02-2023)
Old 02-02-2023 | 09:37 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bobert75
Please keep us posted on what happens with your ED date - I find it very disturbing that they sent you a date that didn't match what you got from Joey! I was assuming that the official confirmation would be the point at which you could start making reservations (which are of course critical for summer ED trips) but I suppose not when the dates don't match!
Turned out to be a type... as fate would have it, my birthday is a week earlier, so for some reason when filling out the form, my birthday was listed as the pickup date instead of the actual date of 6/6... The date Joey gave me is now on my signed and submitted Euro Delivery Contract... Now that the contract is signed, I will be booking all my travel. Joey advised me to wait until the build was completed, but thats only a couple weeks from now, and the trip isnt till June, so I'm going to go ahead and start booking some things as long as they are refundable/can be canceled
The following users liked this post:
bobert75 (02-02-2023)

Quick Reply: How long to deliver to US after ED?