Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

Suggestions for Thanksgiving Euro Delivery?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2022 | 08:49 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Suggestions for Thanksgiving Euro Delivery?

Got the word from my dealership that Porsche did open up some slots for Euro Delivery in November, so I am opting to do an ED over Thanksgiving period. I previously did Euro Delivery in 2007 and just reposted it on this subforum with reloads of old pictures. Basically picked up in June the car and went from Stuttgart > Munich > Innsbruck > Zurich > Geneva > Mont Blanc > St Trope z> Nice. This trip will be shorter and strategically planned to account for the weather. Looking for suggestions for a 5-7 day excursion. Considering Stuttgart > Como/Milan > Monaco/Genoa > Nice. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-12-2022 | 08:45 AM
disden
Drifting

Congrats, I do ED with all my cars (well, 2020 and 2021 cancelled due to Covid!). Is Zuffenhausen reopened in November? I am picking up Spyder next month and was told Zuffenhausen is closed for deliveries due to construction. I was just there last week and yes, it’s a mess with construction going in everywhere.

What car are you getting? November can be tricky with weather so be sure to ask for winter wheels.
Old 07-12-2022 | 09:05 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
Congrats, I do ED with all my cars (well, 2020 and 2021 cancelled due to Covid!). Is Zuffenhausen reopened in November? I am picking up Spyder next month and was told Zuffenhausen is closed for deliveries due to construction. I was just there last week and yes, it’s a mess with construction going in everywhere.

What car are you getting? November can be tricky with weather so be sure to ask for winter wheels.
Picking up a 992TTS and was given dates from Nov 14-30 as open delivery dates in Zuffenhausen as of last week from my dealer (Porsche Fresno)
Old 07-12-2022 | 09:14 AM
disden
Drifting

Originally Posted by eclou
Picking up a 992TTS and was given dates from Nov 14-30 as open delivery dates in Zuffenhausen as of last week from my dealer (Porsche Fresno)
have you not spoken with Joey from ED department yet? The dealer has never been involved with my dates, it’s always by me working directly with whoever is there..it’s changed alot over the years. Dealers are really bad at the ED process.
Old 07-12-2022 | 09:23 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by disden
have you not spoken with Joey from ED department yet? The dealer has never been involved with my dates, it’s always by me working directly with whoever is there..it’s changed alot over the years. Dealers are really bad at the ED process.
No I have not but I will follow your suggestion. The owner of Porsche Fresno - CJ Wilson (CJ Ichiban) is who reached out to me with the information. My Track Your Dreams now shows no dates past the CP 8.0 of July 29
Old 07-12-2022 | 04:51 PM
disden
Drifting

No I have not but I will follow your suggestion. The owner of Porsche Fresno - CJ Wilson (CJ Ichiban) is who reached out to me with the information. My Track Your Dreams now shows no dates past the CP 8.0 of July 29
that’s correct, after build date it will be blank dates because those are unknowns. They won’t update until you turn in the car and a ship is assigned. Then the dates for return trip overseas will start to populate. Have fun!
The following users liked this post:
eclou (07-12-2022)
Old 07-13-2022 | 01:08 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Last month I did Stuttgart -> Black Forest -> Andermatt -> Lucerne -> Zurich (half day trip from Lucerne base) -> Returned in Sindelfingen.

I would've gone to Como or Lugano for the Italian vibe and location. But didn't have the time since we spent the better part of a day driving mountain passes in both directions.

Your route sounds good given the passes would be closed at that time assuming you'd be interested in them.

Posted a thread in the 992 GT3 section.
Old 07-15-2022 | 06:51 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

So I spoke with Joey at PCNA and he informed me that in Nov the car will be fitted with snow tires/wheels and therefore has to be returned to Zuffenhausen for them to change the wheels back before shipping to the US
Old 07-19-2022 | 11:44 AM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

So I spoke with Joey at PCNA and he informed me that in Nov the car will be fitted with snow tires/wheels and therefore has to be returned to Zuffenhausen for them to change the wheels back before shipping to the US
That's right.

Maybe want to think about reversing your route. Start with the furthest point and make your way back to Zuffenhausen. I sort of did that, started furthest away from drop off point and made way back. Last day was Lucerne -> Sindelfingen for drop off -> Frankfurt for flight home in the early evening. That all took from 8am to about 3pm (IIRC is when we arrived at the airport), much traffic going to Frankfurt due to construction and a collision. Was a stressful drive to Frankfurt due to those issues, needing to drop rental car and making it for a 5:30pm departure. Ended up not being an issue at the airport, dropped bags about 45 minutes before boarding. But would rather have not cut it close. In hindsight I might stay in Stuttgart the day before drop or the night of the drop and leave the next day OR take the train from Stuttgart to Frankfurt.
Old 07-19-2022 | 02:41 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SToronto
That's right.

Maybe want to think about reversing your route. Start with the furthest point and make your way back to Zuffenhausen. I sort of did that, started furthest away from drop off point and made way back. Last day was Lucerne -> Sindelfingen for drop off -> Frankfurt for flight home in the early evening. That all took from 8am to about 3pm (IIRC is when we arrived at the airport), much traffic going to Frankfurt due to construction and a collision. Was a stressful drive to Frankfurt due to those issues, needing to drop rental car and making it for a 5:30pm departure. Ended up not being an issue at the airport, dropped bags about 45 minutes before boarding. But would rather have not cut it close. In hindsight I might stay in Stuttgart the day before drop or the night of the drop and leave the next day OR take the train from Stuttgart to Frankfurt.
Glad for your tips! I am now pondering to take an exemption from the winter tires and just stick to the major highway south to Milan then drop off in Nice as originally planned. I confirmed with with Joey from PCNA that I can elect to to do that
Old 07-19-2022 | 02:54 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Glad for your tips! I am now pondering to take an exemption from the winter tires and just stick to the major highway south to Milan then drop off in Nice as originally planned. I confirmed with with Joey from PCNA that I can elect to to do that
I haven't looked at weather for your delivery period, but are you sure that's worth doing? Opting out of winter tires.

By your sig looks like you are getting a TTS. I don't know what tires they come with. But my GT3 came with Pirelli Corsas and my GT4 with Michelin Cup 2s. Neither tire are suitable for cold, cold & wet driving let alone any snow. You're route to Italy from Stuttgart would take you through Switzerland, check the weather there too.
Old 07-19-2022 | 07:47 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think the TTS spec tires are the Michelin PS, Pirelli PZero or Goodyear F1. All summer tires. I guess I can bring some chains (plastic) with me
Old 07-09-2023 | 10:20 AM
vcp13
Rennlist Member

@eclou did you end up doing this thanksgiving trip? Did you post anymore on the topic? Thanks
Just finding this thread…. Planning one for 2023…

Quick Reply: Suggestions for Thanksgiving Euro Delivery?