Notices
European Delivery and or Porsche Experience Center This forum to ask questions and get answers about collecting your Porsche in Europe or the outstanding Porsche Experience Center.

July pickup from Leipzig

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2023 | 04:27 PM
Sarper
7th Gear

Default July pickup from Leipzig

Picking up my 911 Turbo S on July 10th and I am planning on driving to Dresden, Prague, Viena and drop off at Munich. Has anyone tried this route? Any advice would be much appreciated!
Old 07-10-2023 | 05:42 AM
Sarper
7th Gear

Well, since not nobody provided any feedback, I am picking it up today and I will let you know how it all goes 😜
The following users liked this post:
vcp13 (07-11-2023)
Old 07-10-2023 | 07:21 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Sarper
Well, since not nobody provided any feedback, I am picking it up today and I will let you know how it all goes 😜
Congrats!! I was just at Leipzig in Early June for mine, sorry I didnt see this. I visited Prague before picking up the car. HIGHLY recommend the Vineyard/wine tasting terrace near the old castle and also Hemingway bar is a must for great cocktails!

Munich is beautiful!! Go to the Public gardens and find the "surfing Spot". Locals surf a continuous wave in a small river that runs through the public/english garden there...

Last edited by toph4242; 07-10-2023 at 07:23 PM.
bobert75 (07-10-2023)
Old 07-10-2023 | 11:44 PM
bobert75
Racer

Originally Posted by toph4242
Congrats!! I was just at Leipzig in Early June for mine, sorry I didnt see this. I visited Prague before picking up the car. HIGHLY recommend the Vineyard/wine tasting terrace near the old castle and also Hemingway bar is a must for great cocktails!

Munich is beautiful!! Go to the Public gardens and find the "surfing Spot". Locals surf a continuous wave in a small river that runs through the public/english garden there...
Great tip - hadn't heard of the "surfing spot" but we were just 1 km away from it 4 years ago - will check this out upon our arrival in Munich on 8/20!

OP - hope things went well today - post a quick pic of your car if you get a chance!
Old 07-15-2023 | 03:01 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Please post up your experience. Im picking up my GT3 touring in early October in Leipzig. I was just in Munich a month ago for the Rammstein concert and absolutely loved the city and experience. Hoping to venture into Austria and Switzerland for this trip.
toph4242 (07-15-2023)
Old 07-15-2023 | 07:48 PM
toph4242
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cadaver
Please post up your experience. Im picking up my GT3 touring in early October in Leipzig. I was just in Munich a month ago for the Rammstein concert and absolutely loved the city and experience. Hoping to venture into Austria and Switzerland for this trip.
Not sure if you saw already, but I did my Leipzig delivery in June, and ventured to the few places you mentioned you wanted to see... I posted a full description of the trip and each location visited on this thread if you are interested in checking it out!
https://rennlist.com/forums/european...y-in-june.html
Old 07-15-2023 | 09:48 PM
Sarper
7th Gear

I just got back to Charlotte and I ended up modifying my trip and everything worked great.
- Spent 1 night in Munich and took the train from Munich main train station to Leipzig. Its an easy, 3 hour train ride and the train station in Leipzig is very close to the hotel Porsche reserves
- The hotel in Leipzig was very nice and its walking distance from shops and restaurants
- Our transportation picked us up around 12 pm and its ~20 mins ride to the Porsche factory
- We had lunch and did the factory tour which was pretty cool. Factory tour takes about 1.5 hours
- Track experience was my fav part. They pair you with a similar car that you are picking up. Be sure to ask your instructor to take you for a lap with his car. It was a great experience and it gives you a different perspective of what these cars can deliver
- Delivery was quick, if necessary, the instructor helps you setup your phone and etc and give you a quick tutorial about the car settings and etc
- By the time we finished everything, it was nearly 4:30 pm and we drove straight to Prague. As soon as you enter the Czech Republic border, you can get a sticker from any gas station. From Leipzig to Prague takes about 3.50 hours.
- We stayed at the Mandarin hotel. We did all of our reservations through Amex and I highly recommend it as it comes with a lot of different benefits, including late check out which was huge for us, plus they have a covered parking.
- We spent 2 night in Prague and decided not to drive the car in the city. Prague is an awesome city, very walkable and full of history.
- From Prague we drove to Salzburg. I avoided some of the highways and drove some of the country side of outside of Prague which was nice
- Salzburg was pretty cool and we took a day trip to Fuschlsee lake which was 30 mins outside of Salzburg.
- From Salzburg we drove to Grossglockner which was the highlight of this trip. It took us 1.5 hours to get there from Salzburg and once you get to the entrance it takes about an hour to complete the loop. You can buy the entrance ticket online to save some time. Awesome view and its a great place to drive around and take some cool pictures
- From Grossglockner, we drove straight to Munich. It took us about 3.5 hours. It was a long day but was not too bad considering how much we covered in one day

Feel free to ask if you need more details about anything we covered.

Last edited by Sarper; 07-15-2023 at 11:10 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Sarper:
Angryinch (07-16-2023), DP8 (07-24-2023), toph4242 (07-15-2023)

Quick Reply: July pickup from Leipzig