Notices

Philly Members?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2024, 02:57 PM
Kevin8tor
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by ldamelio
Was it an event to see all the GT cars they sell to brokers and not clients?
Funny you say that. I have a good friend who's been a longtime GT buyer from them. He flipped his very early 992 GT3 back to them and took a big upside (as did Warrington), but then traded his 718 Spyder to another P Dealer, now they won't even take his calls. Now he buys in Pittsburgh despite living in Philly 'burbs. They are merciless.
Old 06-22-2024, 04:49 PM
philbert996
Rennlist Member

Received 1,167 Likes on 546 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin8tor
Funny you say that. I have a good friend who's been a longtime GT buyer from them. He flipped his very early 992 GT3 back to them and took a big upside (as did Warrington), but then traded his 718 Spyder to another P Dealer, now they won't even take his calls. Now he buys in Pittsburgh despite living in Philly 'burbs. They are merciless.
Sounds like your friend the car flipper had a great relationship with Warrington Porsche.
It lasted for a long time until he decided to sour the association by flipping his 718 Spyder with someone else.
I’m sure he’ll do great in Pittsburgh until he decides to he can make an extra buck somewhere else.
Old 08-19-2024, 01:04 AM
JoseLuisRodrigue
1st Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my first P car last week! I'm near West Chester so I'll definitely be going to C&C on Saturdays. Hope to meet you guys soon.
The following users liked this post:
Kevin8tor (08-19-2024)
Old 08-19-2024, 09:55 AM
ImpeachS
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 40 Posts

I waited two years for an MSRP allocation at Princeton (ridiculous AMD), Mainline (poor or no communication), Flemington (few allocations), Catena (What's your name again?). Got my allocation from Warrington at MSRP so I remain loyal. So far service has been excellent.
MendraSlife (08-19-2024)
Old 08-19-2024, 01:10 PM
targajoe
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by JoseLuisRodrigue
I bought my first P car last week! I'm near West Chester so I'll definitely be going to C&C on Saturdays. Hope to meet you guys soon.
Welcome! Congrats on the Porsche. We would love some details and pics. If you haven't already, you might want to sign up for PCA. We have a ton of events in the area. Beyond that we are lucky to have several great local Porsche shops and wonderful enthusiasts in the area. You are going to enjoy it.
Old 08-20-2024, 09:05 AM
mkzhang
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

where is the C&C on saturday?
Old 08-22-2024, 11:40 AM
Kevin8tor
Racer

Received 202 Likes on 126 Posts

There's always a small, but well attended C&C at Northbrook Marketplace west of West Chester on Saturday mornings. Very low key, but it draws some very nice cars. Heavy on Porsche, but a fair number of classics, some hot rods, McLaren, Lambo & Ferrari's, too. Best thing is that it's entirely knucklehead free. Nobody is doing burnouts in or out of this place, and that's a good thing. Great coffee and food, too.

I should add that it's surrounded by some of Chester County's best roads so taking a drive before or after in the area is highly recommended.

Last edited by Kevin8tor; 08-22-2024 at 11:42 AM.
wdb (08-23-2024)
Old 08-22-2024, 09:30 PM
Josh(PA)
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin8tor
There's always a small, but well attended C&C at Northbrook Marketplace west of West Chester on Saturday mornings. Very low key, but it draws some very nice cars. Heavy on Porsche, but a fair number of classics, some hot rods, McLaren, Lambo & Ferrari's, too. Best thing is that it's entirely knucklehead free. Nobody is doing burnouts in or out of this place, and that's a good thing. Great coffee and food, too.

I should add that it's surrounded by some of Chester County's best roads so taking a drive before or after in the area is highly recommended.
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! We're supposed to keep it a secret.

seriously, my favorite thing about it is the knucklehead free part + the breakfast sandwiches.
Old 08-23-2024, 10:12 AM
mkzhang
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

ah that is fantastic. I am near that area. after spending close to $30k on maintenance and repair work on my car over the past 3 years and only driving 2k mile during that time, I am trying to look for more excuses to take the car out lol
Old 08-25-2024, 03:58 PM
stroem
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

New Philly Porsche owner here. My 987.2 has the CDR30 headunit in it, and who knows when Porsche will release PCCM+ for 9X7.2 so I've been looking at retrofitting a PCM 3.0 into my car and add Carplay with a kit. This will require a dealer to code the PCM 3.0 to the vehicle. Does anyone know of a local dealer that would be friendly with coding a used PCM 3.0 (I would install) to my car?
Old 08-26-2024, 10:10 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,016 Likes on 551 Posts

Porsche Conshohocken is relatively close to you and enthusiast friendly. Give them a call and ask.

Dougherty is a great independent. You have several others in your area, but I am not as familiar with them as I live in Bucks.

Last edited by ldamelio; 08-26-2024 at 10:12 AM.
Old 08-26-2024, 10:24 AM
stroem
Rennlist Member

Porsche Conshohocken is relatively close to you and enthusiast friendly. Give them a call and ask.

Dougherty is a great independent. You have several others in your area, but I am not as familiar with them as I live in Bucks.
After dealing with that dealer group's Audi locations, I will never set foot in Porsche Conshohocken or any of their Audi dealers again. They are sleezy, bottom feeder scum sales guys with incompetent techs. I would rather keep the CDR30 than give them money.

Can an Indy shop code a head unit? I thought it was dealer only.
Old 08-27-2024, 09:30 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Wow. Strong feelings. Google for the contact info for the other dealers within a reasonable distance (Main Line, Warrington, Cherry Hill, Princeton, Flemington, Mechanicsburg) and call. Your question is very specific and best addressed directly with a service manager.
Old 08-27-2024, 09:37 AM
stroem
Rennlist Member

Wow. Strong feelings. Google for the contact info for the other dealers within a reasonable distance (Main Line, Warrington, Cherry Hill, Princeton, Flemington, Mechanicsburg) and call. Your question is very specific and best addressed directly with a service manager.
Thanks, I was hoping to avoid calling every dealership, and wasn't sure if someone already knew a dealer that would do such work, as there is no practical reason for a dealer to do this other than for good will.
Old 08-27-2024, 09:45 AM
ldamelio
Rennlist Member

Conshy has the best reputation in the area for good will for the track crowd. Warrington has a good service department, but charge liberally - don't expect a cheap good will experience. Princeton shies away from anything enthusiast/unusual. No experience with the others FWIW.

Quick Reply: Philly Members?