Notices

NY/NJ/CT/MA Rennlist Run to the Saratoga Car Museum

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 06:16 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts
Default NY/NJ/CT/MA Rennlist Run to the Saratoga Car Museum

The Saratoga Car Museum in Saratoga Springs, NY is hosting a 60 years in America exhibit from October through January. Here is the link to their web site
http://saratogaautomuseum.org you can check out a few photos of the exhibit. The idea is (weather permitting of course) we would meet around exit 17 on the NY Thru Way for those in NJ /CT/NY or the NYC area and drive to Saratoga Springs (near Albany) and spend some time at the Museum. I can arrange for a guided tour or we can check things out on our own. Immediately following the Museum visit we would take a spirited drive of the Adirondacks Mountains and meet somewhere for lunch as a group. The Museum cost is only $5 a person and I imagine any decent lunch will be in the $20-$25 range. I visited the Museum in early October and thought it was a really nice place with a great grouping of vintage Porsches along with other memorable cars on the second floor. There are fantastic roads in the area and I'll map out a nice run for us and a good place for lunch ending up near Lake George . Of course if we get 12 inches of snow we will postpone until Spring. Take a look at their web site and decide if you would like to get one more run in for 2011. I need to give them a pretty good idea of the headcount so if you want to go, please post up or send me a PM so I can keep track. I think we can have a great time seeing old friends, meet some new faces and get that last run before the battery tender and covers go on for winter hibernation.
The planned date is Saturday, November 19th
Attached Images  
Old 11-08-2011, 03:02 PM
andrewgt3
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

this sounds great - count me in.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Originally Posted by andrewgt3
this sounds great - count me in.
OK Andrew, I'll add you to the list which is in off topic. Since you aren't a paying subscriber I don't think you have access to that section but I'll make sure you get the final details.

Bob
Old 11-08-2011, 05:45 PM
andrewgt3
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
OK Andrew, I'll add you to the list which is in off topic. Since you aren't a paying subscriber I don't think you have access to that section but I'll make sure you get the final details.

Bob

i just remedied this!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by andrewgt3
i just remedied this!

Old 11-09-2011, 02:37 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Went to this a couple of weeks ago. It was AMAZING!

But what the heck, no love for NH?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
Went to this a couple of weeks ago. It was AMAZING!

But what the heck, no love for NH?

You bet, come on down!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Bob in NY
Drifting

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK everyone, next Saturday is the big day. I'm working on the meeting place, luncheon location and driving route. I'll be posting the information by mid week. The extended weather forecast looks like low 50's for next Sat and lets hope for a dry day. Let me know of any additions or changes to the current list of people.

Here is the list of participants so far:
Bob in NY 1
Quadcammer 1
JBerk 1
TheClairvoyant 1
MJSPorsche 1
Cfjan 1
Ish993 2
Ilko 3
Mike Frye 1
White 924s (tent)
Deadhead 1960 1
CHSU74 1
nskd3 3
redridge 1
reno808 1
andrewgt3 1
Old 11-12-2011, 10:27 AM
Ish993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reminder........I just moved my appointment to Friday to have my Fister Stage II's installed
Old 11-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

OK Gang, I was at the Museum today and also made arrangements for a very nice lunch at the Gideon Putnam Hotel next door. We will have a private room and a great selection of items for lunch. It's $25 a person all in including gratuity and drinks. A bar is close by for those that want a beer or glass of wine. I'm finalizing the route after lunch and will review the details with everyone on Saturday morning. We should meet at the Plattekill Service Center on the NY Thruway just past exit 17 at 9 am. The trip to the museum is 111 miles from the meeting point. I assume we will arrive at the Museum by 11~11:30 and have lunch by 12:30. The guys coming from Mass and NH should meet us at the Museum. The address for your Navi is 110 Ave of the Pines, Saratoga Springs, NY. I'm estimating a minimum of 20 people and a max of 30 for lunch. If anyone on the list isn't going to attend or more people want to attend please post or drop me a PM. I really think we will have a great time and the Museum just received a few special cars from Rennsport. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please let me know.

Bob
Old 01-19-2012, 04:40 PM
Mamut79
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did this happen yet?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mamut79
Did this happen yet?