Old 08-10-2009 | 12:33 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Default August 23 Event -- Cars & Croissants 4 -- RSVP Required

Our next event details:

Woodland Bakery
650 Shunpike Road
Chatham, NJ

NOTE -- Please do not park in the 2 rows closest to the bakery. We have plenty of room in the rest of the parking lot, and I think this will allow the regular bakery customers who are not C&C participants to go about their business. Thanks.

Date: Sunday, August 23

Time: 10 am (note later starting time)
11 am -- depart for drive and lunch

As discussed last Saturday, we will be starting later because we will be including a drive and a casual lunch for those who are interested. We will be departing at 11 am and will drive through the back roads of Chatham, New Vernon, Basking Ridge, Bernardsville, Peapack, Gladstone and ending in Far Hills. The drive should be about 40 to 45 mins. This will be a slow, leisurely drive through the countryside. If you want to drive at high speeds, this is not the event for you. As for the end point of the drive/lunch, it will be at my home in Far Hills. We are on 18 acres so should have enough room to handle a decent number of cars. Note that, depending upon the turnout, some people will be parking on grass (If it rains, we'll re-think this and perhaps will go to a restaurant).

Lunch Details:

Kirk & Judi Meighan's Home
170 Lake Road
Far Hills, NJ 07931

Time: Noon -- 2 pm

Food: Six foot subs, chips, drinks

Cost: Free

RSVP: Please RSVP to me by noon on Friday, August 21 if you plan to attend the lunch. I need to know the number of cars so I can plan the parking arrangements and an attendee count to determine the amount of food we will need, so please let me know if you plan to bring a guest (s) to lunch. No need to RSVP if you are not planning to attend the lunch.

Thanks. Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Kirk Meighan
Old 08-11-2009 | 06:29 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Kirk,

That is very nice of you to host back at your home. That being the case I will be driving a yellow 1982 International School Bus filled with a road crew from Northern State Prison. I am sure your wife wont mind.

Count me in for:

Porsche 964 Turbo - 1 Driver
Porsche 996 Turbo - 1 Driver

Regards,

Craig
Old 08-16-2009 | 11:22 AM
Wellardmac
Nordschleife Master

I'm hoping to be there this time - count me in. I'll confirm by mid-week.
Old 08-16-2009 | 08:33 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

I'm in. My massive jealousy of you living on Lake Road won't prevent me from attending!
Old 08-17-2009 | 09:23 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Y65MPH
Kirk,

That is very nice of you to host back at your home. That being the case I will be driving a yellow 1982 International School Bus filled with a road crew from Northern State Prison. I am sure your wife wont mind.

Count me in for:

Porsche 964 Turbo - 1 Driver
Porsche 996 Turbo - 1 Driver

Regards,

Craig
Ok, great. See you there.
Old 08-18-2009 | 10:42 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
I'm in.
+2

I should be there. I'm actually a Ferrari guy at heart. I may have another buddy too with a P-Car who would like to come. It sounds great!

Old 08-19-2009 | 07:49 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
+2

I should be there. I'm actually a Ferrari guy at heart. I may have another buddy too with a P-Car who would like to come. It sounds great!

Ok, you're in. Are you RSVPing for your friend in your post above and if so, will he be just one car/person? I need an accurate count for food and parking space at my house. Thanks.

Kirk
Old 08-19-2009 | 11:33 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Kirk, that would be me. I am an ex Lehman guy .
Regards.
Raj
Old 08-20-2009 | 08:20 AM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Kirk, that would be me. I am an ex Lehman guy .
Regards.
Raj
Always welcoming a fellow Lehman alum.
Old 08-20-2009 | 11:18 AM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Kirk, the weather is looking very iffy-I'm assuming you'll make the call to cancel if it continues to trend poorly?
Old 08-20-2009 | 12:05 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Glad I checked. Didn't realize RSVP was required. I am interested in joining if it is still OK, assuming weather permitting.

thanks

Damian, No backing out this time.
Old 08-20-2009 | 09:07 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

Kirk, the weather is looking very iffy-I'm assuming you'll make the call to cancel if it continues to trend poorly?
We are unlikely to cancel unless there are torrential rains forecast. But please let me know if you are not going to be there if you had RSVP'd for the lunch. No wimps -- cars are meant to be driven, and they will not melt in the rain. I will almost guarantee that.

:-)

Unless you see a post from me on Saturday morning to the contrary, we will be on. I will be ordering the 6 foot subs then, so I need to make a decision by then

Kirk
Old 08-20-2009 | 09:49 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Originally Posted by kmeighannj
We are unlikely to cancel unless there are torrential rains forecast. But please let me know if you are not going to be there if you had RSVP'd for the lunch. No wimps -- cars are meant to be driven, and they will not melt in the rain. I will almost guarantee that.

Unless you see a post from me on Saturday morning to the contrary, we will be on. I will be ordering the 6 foot subs then, so I need to make a decision by then

Kirk
I'm in rain or shine, but if it's wet the BMW replaces the Porsche!

And maybe going forward we can organize a run to the Simeone Museum in Philly, lots of great Ferrari's and Alfa's there, among others.
Old 08-20-2009 | 10:25 PM
kmeighannj
Rennlist Member

I'm in rain or shine, but if it's wet the BMW replaces the Porsche!

And maybe going forward we can organize a run to the Simeone Museum in Philly, lots of great Ferrari's and Alfa's there, among others.
A good idea. Dr. Ben Stein, who has the Miura, Dino, 365 GTC4 and others has suggested it as well. He is a retired neurosurgeon and actually knows Fred Simeone (also a neurosurgeon, I believe) personally. He has said he thought he could get Fred to meet us there and walk us through his collection.

And by the way, if it rains, I may bring my 2004 Porsche GT3 instead of the Daytona. Actually, I may bring it anyway -- the air conditioning works and so do the wipers (vs sorta, kinda in the Ferrari).

Old 08-20-2009 | 10:59 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Fred was there the day I visited, and spoke at length to us. After seeing the ponton 250TR get walled at the corkscrew at Laguna Seca last week it made me think of the one on exhibit at Simeone's. But a true guided tour would be great, I'd be in.

Quick Reply: August 23 Event -- Cars & Croissants 4 -- RSVP Required