Notices

Recommendation for Porsche shop in DC/MD/VA area

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 09:05 AM
Marylander
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendation for Porsche shop in DC/MD/VA area

Hello all. My wife and I have just committed to purchasing our first Porsche -- a gorgeous '92 964 Cab in Midnight Blue metallic.

We are having the car PPI'd up in New York State (where the seller is), and will be driving it down here (we live 12 miles west of DC) on Feb. 28,

Looking for a recommendation for an honest and conscientious garage in the DC area -- either in MD (where we live) or VA (where I work). Many thanks in advance for your help.

Michael
Old 02-28-2009, 02:21 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

This is is Waldorf (Southern MD) and a bit of a drive for you, but the owner is a Rennlist member.

http://www.blueribbonautoservice.com...o-service.html
Old 03-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Marylander
Cruisin'

Thanks, Todd. That one is a bit far away. I reposted this in the 964 forum and got two great recommendations of shops closer in, including one (Stuttgart Performance) in nearby Gaithersburg that I think I will use.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Perculator00
Instructor

I have owned my 944 for over a year now and when I first got it I tried pit stop over there in Alexandria, va Just had a quick wiring work done for the MAF sensor and a brake pad job.

If I am not mistaken Pit Stop are the ones who bought out authority, and they "did up" autothority's infamous 911 GT2, the one that was featured in car and driver along with about a dozen other bad *** rides from all around the world. Their prices are way too high though, and they basically make their big bucks because of the name they have and how long they have been operating for.

But throughout 08' I started just getting my parts from this Porsche shop owner in Fairfax, VA - Autobahn Services

Just recently I had my timing belt, new tires, alignment, ps fluid leak, and a few other small little things done by Jose at Autobahn Services

Very very reliable and honest mechanic with strong and vast Porshce knowledge.

When I would pick up parts from the shop for times that I was working on my car Jose would always give me the best advice and steps regarding any job that I was performing. Just little good information/knowledge to give.

I wont take my car anywhere else now. Very comfortable, honest, and reliable shop owner/mechanic.

Autobahn Service
3158 Spring St
Fairfax, VA
(703) 691-1788

Ask for Jose, and tell him Hamed with the red 944 turbo sent you.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:30 AM
LJpete
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Intersport in Tysons Corner/McLean and like them (good shop and reasonable). Just not very convenient as I live in Rockville. A shop that is close to me (Rockville) that I've heard good things about is Auto Centro. I plan on trying them out for jobs that I can't do myself.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Perculator00
Instructor

Originally Posted by LJpete
I have used Intersport in Tysons Corner/McLean and like them (good shop and reasonable). Just not very convenient as I live in Rockville. A shop that is close to me (Rockville) that I've heard good things about is Auto Centro. I plan on trying them out for jobs that I can't do myself.
Just to have an idea, approximately how much do they charge for a timing belt job?
Old 03-28-2009, 11:19 PM
LJpete
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what they would charge for a timing belt. Give them a call to get a ball park.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:55 PM
Helios59
Burning Brakes

Received 83 Likes on 37 Posts

Great thread, as I'm aiming for my first Porsche purchase soon.
In addition to a good mechanic, I may also need some restoration done - specifically upholstery.
Any recommendations?
Old 07-21-2016, 09:56 PM
IceT
2nd Gear

Question Recommendatlon for upholstery shop Central Maryland

Hello.
The headliner in my '06 Cayman S has come loose behind the seats and is drooping enough to block most of the rear view of the mirror. Also, the LH upholstered door panel gets wet along the bottom in the rain from water running down the outside of the window.

Anyone know of a shop experienced with Porsche that could fix the headliner and seal the interior door panel? Shops in the Annapolis - Glen Burnie area are preferred.

Thanks.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:10 PM
911lnv87
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

for a mechanic I would use IMA and talk to Ivan the owner who is greatly knowledgeable about our car.
http://imamotorwerke.com/

As per the headliner you shall talk to Lim
http://www.limsau.com/

Quick Reply: Recommendation for Porsche shop in DC/MD/VA area