Notices

Classic car parking in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2023, 03:02 PM
burnergt4
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by Farsider
ha you weren’t joking about needing to call multiple times. found a place after almost a month of being persistent. Farther away than I’d like but worth having an indoor space for these cars in Brooklyn.
Happy to hear it! Yeah the constant following up is a pain. I honestly don't get how they aren't annoyed by having to field calls from the same people all the time (vs. putting people in a database and following up as things become available, or putting the process online), but I guess that's what they're getting paid for 🤷🏻‍♂️
Old 10-21-2023, 09:05 PM
Paolo1
Burning Brakes

Received 109 Likes on 75 Posts

I can't imagine leaving a classic pcar in any of the nyc parking garages I have ever been in the one in Hoboken sounds different though
Old 10-21-2023, 10:44 PM
climbernyc
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Paolo1
I can't imagine leaving a classic pcar in any of the nyc parking garages I have ever been in the one in Hoboken sounds different though
it is. All enthusiast parking. Look up Hudson stables
Old 10-21-2023, 10:56 PM
Farsider
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by climbernyc
it is. All enthusiast parking. Look up Hudson stables
it’s a great facility but a little far if you live in Brooklyn for casual use. I wanted something close for those spontaneous Saturday morning drives to get a coffee up the Hudson
Old 08-04-2024, 02:08 AM
theEnd
Instructor

Received 168 Likes on 72 Posts

Any underground garage that lets you park and lock (no valet) is good enough for me.

I used the one under Stuytown for 2 years, when I lived in the east village.

There’s an automated garage in Chinatown (123 Baxter) that is good, although there’s always a risk that it stops working and your car gets stuck inside. I think they have another location in the 20’s.

I just moved to the Upper West Side (99th), and still haven’t found a suitable garage for my Spyder. Would love to hear suggestions.

Old 08-08-2024, 03:28 PM
steve0827
Burning Brakes

Received 147 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by theEnd
Any underground garage that lets you park and lock (no valet) is good enough for me.

I used the one under Stuytown for 2 years, when I lived in the east village.

There’s an automated garage in Chinatown (123 Baxter) that is good, although there’s always a risk that it stops working and your car gets stuck inside. I think they have another location in the 20’s.

I just moved to the Upper West Side (99th), and still haven’t found a suitable garage for my Spyder. Would love to hear suggestions.
Underneath the Lincoln Center is a parking garage. No valet. Has security guards. It's about ~710/month. It's what I use.
Old 08-09-2024, 06:47 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by kenzinger
I've got parking in Williamsburg Brooklyn for $300 per month, which isn't terrible for NYC area and would be easy to get to for occasional weekend drives.
Hudson Stables is prob much less expensive than places in the city (it’s in Hoboken which is directly across the from the west village and between the Holland and Lincoln tunnels). If you have another car to get you there it’s your best option probably if you are planning on driving your nice car in NJ, upstate NY (basically anywhere but Long Island).
Old 08-12-2024, 01:57 PM
RDG_RCR
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 14 Posts

I own a parking spot in Cobble Hill, Brooklyn. It's located at "The Parking Club". It's 24 hours, but valet if that's a deal breaker. I'm currently trying to sell the spot since I moved back to DC. If you are interested in using it until it sells, let me know. (cheaper than anywhere else you'll find in NYC)
Old 08-12-2024, 02:35 PM
Farsider
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Park and lock is definitely tough. I finally found one in Brooklyn, 600 a month for a price context. No great directory for them, I found mine on SpotHero in the end and had to call about a dozen before I found one that was park and lock/seemed above board. The place listed as valet on SpotHero but calling the manager told me they had a few spots not listed for park and lock at a higher price.

Quick Reply: Classic car parking in NYC?