Classic car parking in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 07:29 AM
auchenberg
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Classic car parking in NYC?

Hi all,

Currently based in WA, but we are exploring moving to NYC.

Given how expensive parking is in NYC/Manhattan, I was wondering if anyone knew a great classic car garage to park a 87 911 for occasional weekend trips?

/k
Old 01-01-2021, 10:23 PM
mobeoner
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by auchenberg
Hi all,

Currently based in WA, but we are exploring moving to NYC.

Given how expensive parking is in NYC/Manhattan, I was wondering if anyone knew a great classic car garage to park a 87 911 for occasional weekend trips?

/k
It depends, where are you planning to live in NYC?
Old 01-02-2021, 06:06 AM
auchenberg
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mobeoner
It depends, where are you planning to live in NYC?
We are lookling at "lower west side", Chelsea, West Village, SoHo, and Tribeca.

/k
Old 01-03-2021, 01:45 PM
aw305
Rennlist Member

Received 109 Likes on 39 Posts

Look into Classic Car Club located on the west side high way in midtown Manhattan
Old 08-09-2021, 11:47 PM
climbernyc
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Hudson Stables
Old 08-17-2021, 07:12 PM
kenzinger
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got parking in Williamsburg Brooklyn for $300 per month, which isn't terrible for NYC area and would be easy to get to for occasional weekend drives.
Old 08-17-2021, 07:47 PM
mobeoner
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kenzinger
I've got parking in Williamsburg Brooklyn for $300 per month, which isn't terrible for NYC area and would be easy to get to for occasional weekend drives.
i grew up in Williamsburg nearly my whole life.. finding a spot it’s next to impossible. You got a great deal
Old 08-23-2021, 06:30 PM
burnergt4
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by aw305
Look into Classic Car Club located on the west side high way in midtown Manhattan
CCC doesn't offer car storage. Paddock is on the UES, otherwise the only other option I know of is Hudson Stables as already mentioned (there's also a couple further east on Long Island, but that doesn't sound like what OP's looking for).

Originally Posted by mobeoner
i grew up in Williamsburg nearly my whole life.. finding a spot it’s next to impossible. You got a great deal
You'd be surprised. There's about 4 or 5 garages just off of Kent Ave (between Metropolitan and say North 12th St) that all offer pretty similar monthly deals (i.e. between $225-300 / month), you just have to get a hold of the right email address or phone number and be persistent, otherwise you never hear from them (demand is outstripping supply, so they don't really care to follow up).

I had to do the parking spot search earlier this year for our SUV, and was then pushed out of the spot I was renting for my GT4 a month later so had to do the same song-and-dance all over again. Luckily the garage I put the SUV in had an extra spot coming available so now they're under the same roof, which is nice for a change.

Last edited by burnergt4; 08-23-2021 at 06:57 PM.
Old 08-28-2023, 03:12 PM
Farsider
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Any recommendations of those garages in Williamsburg you liked or didn’t like? Going through the process now of searching for a garage and it’s as much of a nightmare as you mentioned. Trying to find one I can trust within walking distance
Old 08-28-2023, 04:18 PM
burnergt4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Farsider
Any recommendations of those garages in Williamsburg you liked or didn’t like? Going through the process now of searching for a garage and it’s as much of a nightmare as you mentioned. Trying to find one I can trust within walking distance
I parked at the Lewis Steel building on N 4th and Wythe for the better part of 2 years and it was a frictionless experience. $300/mo with 24 hour access (they give you a remote); it’s a million times better than having to deal with garage attendants.

Availability is pretty scarce so you have to cross your fingers someone else isn’t renewing. All the same, email for the person that handles everything is Jennifer Pestano <JPestano@centuryny.com>
Old 08-28-2023, 04:22 PM
Farsider
Track Day

Thank you! Crossing my fingers because that would be an ideal location for me
Old 08-28-2023, 04:40 PM
burnergt4
Rennlist Member

No problem!

As an alternative, I was also looking at the garage at 55 North 5th; you have to call a guy named Italo at 973 518 8090 to check about availability. Tell him you’re interested in the private parking garage on North 5th (he also manages another one next to Brooklyn Harvest, which is a valet garage, so it’s an important distinction to make).

Additionally, SpotHero indicates that the garage with an entrance located at 53 North 3rd gives you an access card if you’re parking there monthly. I never looked into it, but might be worth popping over to inquire in-person.

Another option is to keep an eye on Craigslist’s parking section as sometimes individual spots will be listed there: https://newyork.craigslist.org/search/brk/prk
Old 09-06-2023, 08:58 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 569 Posts

I hope you're prepared for some scratches
Old 10-15-2023, 09:35 PM
Farsider
Track Day

Originally Posted by burnergt4
No problem!

As an alternative, I was also looking at the garage at 55 North 5th; you have to call a guy named Italo at 973 518 8090 to check about availability. Tell him you’re interested in the private parking garage on North 5th (he also manages another one next to Brooklyn Harvest, which is a valet garage, so it’s an important distinction to make).

Additionally, SpotHero indicates that the garage with an entrance located at 53 North 3rd gives you an access card if you’re parking there monthly. I never looked into it, but might be worth popping over to inquire in-person.

Another option is to keep an eye on Craigslist’s parking section as sometimes individual spots will be listed there: https://newyork.craigslist.org/search/brk/prk
ha you weren’t joking about needing to call multiple times. found a place after almost a month of being persistent. Farther away than I’d like but worth having an indoor space for these cars in Brooklyn.
The following users liked this post:
burnergt4 (10-16-2023)
Old 10-15-2023, 09:55 PM
climbernyc
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I would strongly recommend Hudson Stables in Hoboken. Easy access, great services and owned by a huge Porsche enthusiast.

Quick Reply: Classic car parking in NYC?