Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012 | 08:58 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sbelles
So where and what are you guys racing this week?
we aren't....we're on hiatus for a while due to lack of participation.
Old 12-03-2012 | 09:16 PM
abqautoxer
Burning Brakes

If someone wants to host up a open session, depending on the night I can race some. I have more time now thanks to it being the off season.
Old 12-05-2012 | 01:21 PM
JustinL
Drifting

I think once the RUF and the MacLaren are out, we should run a rennlist GT league. We could run the Ford GT, MacLaren, Corvette, RUF together with a weight penalty to balance them out. That would be a lot of fun if we can find a format where people stick to a car for a few races in a row and fight it out in a single class.
Old 12-05-2012 | 01:23 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinL
I think once the RUF and the MacLaren are out, we should run a rennlist GT league. We could run the Ford GT, MacLaren, Corvette, RUF together with a weight penalty to balance them out. That would be a lot of fun if we can find a format where people stick to a car for a few races in a row and fight it out in a single class.
I think that would be cool. if/when we re-launch I'd like to do some form of Rennlist league/championship so we have a Rennlist iracing Champion (most likely you )

I'm not sure on the status of the RUF...at this point it would make sense for iracing to wait until RUF has a 991 based car. Or Porsche can stop being a PITA and let iracing build a proper 991 GT3 car
Old 12-06-2012 | 08:40 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinL
Awesome idea. We could actually just follow the current GT class format and tracks for the 12 weeks, but just add the cars we want into the mix.
If/When the RUF comes out, I dont think we will need any other cars on the track. Call me crazy, but I have a small feeling it could be a hit with the Rennlist group.

P.S. Its lonely out there on Wednesdays. I have to interact with...other people....
Old 12-10-2012 | 11:55 AM
JustinL
Drifting

I did a bunch of laps around mid-ohio in all of the GT cars. I couldn't find any combination that would balance. The vette is too fast, and the caddi is too slow. We will have to wait and see where the MP4-12c fits in, hopefully right along side the Ford GT. We could do weird combinations like Star Mazda and Radicals, but that seems strange as those cars are supposed to be in spec series.
Old 12-10-2012 | 12:38 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

A full on RL iRacing Championship (with points and everything) would be pretty damned sweet!!!!

Tough part about having a series with 4 different cars will be participation. I know a few of the weekly events I joined over the last year, ~10 people was a "good turnout"... we could potentially have a bunch of 1- or 2-car classes.

Maybe instead of doing multi-car races, you could rotate from within the "GT" family, and each week it's a different car from those 4... but everybody runs the same car?

I just updated my iRacing rig (burned some wifey Christmas points) and have picked it back up a little. Being in the winter helps. New i5 3570, 8gb ram, and 3x24" BenQ monitors. The only time my wife didn't give me some sort of guilt trip from jumping on was when I ran a RL event ("But honey Pat Long might join!"), so if we pick up a series, I should (hope) be able to participate guilt-free....
Old 12-10-2012 | 12:53 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

^^^ I agree, multiclass only works if you have 10+ drivers, and even then only with 2 classes.

also, a championship would be somewhat meaningless since basically only 2 or 3 people were committed enough on a regular basis to do the whole season.

sorry to be the wet blanket
Old 12-10-2012 | 01:12 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GuyIncognito
also, a championship would be somewhat meaningless since basically only 2 or 3 people were committed enough on a regular basis to do the whole season.

Oh I agree. I would love to see it though even I myself can't 100% guarantee that I'd be able to participate every week (so I too am admittedly part of the problem). Between the job, the family, stuff that needs to be done around the house, stuff that needs to be done to the car, PCA admin stuff, running a Lemons team... it's tough to commit to doing an online racing series too, no matter how cool and fun it is.
Old 12-11-2012 | 11:25 AM
Indy Rev
Rennlist Member

^^^

I wouldn't say meaningless, but yes it would be between 2-3 people. If we promote it in our individual forums, we could get a bigger turnout though.

I also think multi-car class races would be hard to do, but I like the idea of running 1 car each week from the gt class. Or having a list of cars to choose from and not having a class winner but simply an over all winner. Each car will have its strengths at different tracks. I would also make it that once you pick a car for the season your stuck with it. We run it like FIA GT1 series.

http://gt1world.com/pages/gt1-concept
Old 12-11-2012 | 11:27 AM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

I'm not sure on the status of the RUF...at this point it would make sense for iracing to wait until RUF has a 991 based car.
I thought it was supposed to be fall 2012... is that not the case anymore? I was almost not going to renew my subscription this year due to lack of time but really wanted to drive the RUF creation so I renewed anyhow.
Old 12-11-2012 | 02:56 PM
dodint
Intermediate

The RUF is a long way away. From what I understand they did the physics and sound modeling but don't have a car to do the actual modeling for the visual rendering. I don't remember the details but I do remember that the hold up is due to their inability to actually get their hands on a real world example.

Which is why they should probably stick to more mainstream cars that actually have a real world racing presence. I'd pay double for a BMW M3 GT2, BMW Z4 GT3, or an Audi R8 and they're easy to come by. Hell, an E30 M3 would probably snag a ton of subscriptions from the rFactor crowd.
Old 12-11-2012 | 02:59 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dodint
The RUF is a long way away. From what I understand they did the physics and sound modeling but don't have a car to do the actual modeling for the visual rendering. I don't remember the details but I do remember that the hold up is due to their inability to actually get their hands on a real world example.

Which is why they should probably stick to more mainstream cars that actually have a real world racing presence. I'd pay double for a BMW M3 GT2, BMW Z4 GT3, or an Audi R8 and they're easy to come by. Hell, an E30 M3 would probably snag a ton of subscriptions from the rFactor crowd.
agree. I do wonder if they're stalling the RUF to get a 991 based car (or see if Porsche will give them a 991 Cup car )

the McLaren will be cool, it would be nice to have one other GT3 Spec car. Z4 GT3 would be amazing.
Old 12-11-2012 | 03:46 PM
dodint
Intermediate

I'd love a proper 991 GT3.
Old 12-11-2012 | 03:59 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dodint
I'd love a proper 991 GT3.
Not happening. IIRC EA Sports has all Porsche rights and god knows we need EA's fantastic "sims"!

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread