Notices

Experimented with a data coaching program at Schnell Fest

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2024, 11:12 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

Originally Posted by mthreat
I signed up for this class, I was the one using the Porsche Track Precision App. The class was good, I got something out of it. I agree the Track Precision App is frustrating, and more so because it has so much potential to be really useful. After the weekend, I did find that it has an "Add comparison lap" feature, but I can't figure out what it's actually doing so it's not useful yet.

I sent a .vbo file from the Track Precision App to Jacy after the event, and he is in contact with Racelogic, who apparently wrote the app for Porsche. Maybe this will help them fix the bug with exporting the .vbo file to Circuit Tools. I think this could be a popular class once the data export/import problems are solved. I can imagine using data to look at setting the GT3 RS's compression/rebound settings and PTV+ accel/decel settings to see which settings are faster through certain corners.
I talked to racelogic about the issue, using your file as an example. Porsche is not forming the file correctly. If you open it in a text editor it can be fixed by adding a space between the sections in the file. I'm not super satisfied with that answer, but it sounds like it's a Porsche thing. I'm searching for someone at Porsche to talk to - if anyone has a contact please DM me.
The following 2 users liked this post by ShakeNBake:
mthreat (05-11-2024), ProCoach (05-10-2024)
Old 05-11-2024, 02:47 AM
mthreat
Pro

Received 357 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by ShakeNBake
I talked to racelogic about the issue, using your file as an example. Porsche is not forming the file correctly. If you open it in a text editor it can be fixed by adding a space between the sections in the file. I'm not super satisfied with that answer, but it sounds like it's a Porsche thing. I'm searching for someone at Porsche to talk to - if anyone has a contact please DM me.
I tried to find Andreas Preuninger's email address but no luck. I reported a bug once through my.porsche.com, using the "Messages" tab. Or just 1-800-767-7243. Maybe the bug report will get routed to the right team eventually.

The ideal fix would be to fix the output from the Track Precision App. But I also wonder if the Racelogic guys could update Circuit Tools to deal with the lack of spaces in the .vbo file.

Old 05-11-2024, 08:22 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by mthreat
I tried to find Andreas Preuninger's email address but no luck. I reported a bug once through my.porsche.com, using the "Messages" tab. Or just 1-800-767-7243. Maybe the bug report will get routed to the right team eventually.

The ideal fix would be to fix the output from the Track Precision App. But I also wonder if the Racelogic guys could update Circuit Tools to deal with the lack of spaces in the .vbo file.
Racelogic has a huge installed base of consumer, professional and OEM vehicle and tire testing and validation users, including Porsche themselves.

Porsche has broken this .vbo file export before and fixed this before in updates.

It's on Porsche.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

The following users liked this post:
mthreat (05-11-2024)
Old 05-12-2024, 11:36 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

Trying to chase down a contact via the PCA national HPDE program.

Quick Reply: Experimented with a data coaching program at Schnell Fest