Notices

Steerung Wheel icon for Smartycam2

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2023, 11:54 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Received 3,461 Likes on 1,822 Posts
Default Steerung Wheel icon for Smartycam2

I would like to put my camera on the dash but i dont want to loose the view of my steering wheel. I bought the linear cable pot for measuring steering angle and the smartycam accepts the input channel but how do u display it?

I guess i could use a centered generic bar but a steering wheel with a center line would be best. I have seen it before in vids but i cant find anything in the aim?
Old 03-25-2023, 08:32 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 859 Likes on 528 Posts

Go into RS3 and check your SmartyCam configuration set-up. Check the "Sets" that are available to add to your SmartyCam display. I do not believe there is a steering wheel in any of these "Sets". I think your only solution is one of the generic bars.
Old 03-25-2023, 08:56 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

There is no wheel available in the SCHD. That was not available until the SC3.
Old 03-26-2023, 09:30 AM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
There is no wheel available in the SCHD. That was not available until the SC3.

Is there some sort of technical reason Aim cant add it to the schd or do they just not what too? I guess ill e-mail them directly.
Old 03-26-2023, 10:09 AM
winders
Race Car

Received 898 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
Is there some sort of technical reason Aim cant add it to the schd or do they just not what too? I guess ill e-mail them directly.
Let’s assume for a moment there are no technical reasons why they could not add this feature to the SCHD 2.1. I would not expect them to do so as that camera is out of production and will probably see nothing but bug and compatibility fixes. I would not expect to see any new features.
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (03-26-2023)
Old 03-26-2023, 12:23 PM
De Jeeper
Nordschleife Master

Its still be sold by many vendors and supported by them. The smartycam 3 is still isnt that popular and the other "3" variants r not out yet either.

With a ton of these cameras out there they need to make sure they r backward compatable for at least a few years.

Im not suggesting that they add new features, just a graphic to their menu. The camera already receives the steering angle telemetry and if the generic center bar works it cant be that hard to add the feature.

Sadly u r probably correct and my $1100 camera will be a brick soon.
Old 03-26-2023, 02:25 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Just use the centered bar and a number for degrees. Works fine.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-26-2023, 02:54 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 898 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by De Jeeper
Its still be sold by many vendors and supported by them. The smartycam 3 is still isnt that popular and the other "3" variants r not out yet either.

With a ton of these cameras out there they need to make sure they r backward compatable for at least a few years.

Im not suggesting that they add new features, just a graphic to their menu. The camera already receives the steering angle telemetry and if the generic center bar works it cant be that hard to add the feature.

Sadly u r probably correct and my $1100 camera will be a brick soon.
If it is still sold, it is new old stock. AiM lists the SCHD 2.1 as “Out of Production”. The cameras will continue to be supported for years to come and will not be become bricks unless they fail and are unrepairable. The software will be updated to work with other AiM products as needed. I just would not expect the steering wheel functionality or any of the new graphics from the SC3 line to be added to the SCHD 2.1 line. The SCHD 2.1 is what it is….

I have the SC3 Dual now and it is trick! I can’t wait to get my car back out in the track to see the new video!
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (03-26-2023)
Old 03-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

SCHD 2.1 and SCHD GP 2.2 have not been available for some time and have been considered out of production. The SC3 Sport, GP, and Dual are shipping now. The Corsa should be available soon as well.

I do not know for sure, but I believe it's a technical reason that the SCHD 2.X can not display the steering wheel graphic. Regardless, it will not be added to them. AiM will continue to support all of there products with technical support, at the track, and parts (as long as they are available). The older devices are certainly not a brick.

The new cameras come with new features. Steering wheel angle, bike lean angle, and display options are just some of those things.

Quick Reply: Steerung Wheel icon for Smartycam2