Notices

New clubsport cosworth dash setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2020, 06:58 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default New clubsport cosworth dash setup

I have a new 718 clubsport with a Cosworth Dash and I’m having trouble downloading or uploading each individual track to the dash.

It will record the lap time live at the track but will not save the run or the best for the day.

I was wondering if anybody had a DIY set up for this Cosworth so that we could change for each individual track.

I have the PI toolbox but I am a little computer illiterate.
Old 10-24-2020, 08:31 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,270 Likes on 1,865 Posts

Originally Posted by s996
I have a new 718 clubsport with a Cosworth Dash and I’m having trouble downloading or uploading each individual track to the dash.

It will record the lap time live at the track but will not save the run or the best for the day.

I was wondering if anybody had a DIY set up for this Cosworth so that we could change for each individual track.

I have the PI toolbox but I am a little computer illiterate.
if you have a login with Porsche, which you should with a new car, all the templates and information are there. Also, Jeremy Sundt at PMNA is a great resource. It’s not intuitive.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-24-2020, 09:06 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Thanks Peter
I will keep working on it.

By the way, the aim 2 you sold me is working perfect and gives me excellent post drive video and info.
I love the auto start/ stop on the video.

One question about the Aim, do I need to charge the aim battery if I am recording for DE? It’s on for 30 minute intervals does it self charge while running?
The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (10-24-2020)
Old 10-24-2020, 09:11 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Thanks Peter
I will keep working on it.

By the way, the aim 2 you sold me is working perfect and gives me excellent post drive video and info.
I love the auto start/ stop on the video.

One question about the Aim, do I need to charge the aim battery if I am recording for DE? It’s on for 30 minute intervals does it self charge while running?
If it's connected to power in the car, which it most likely is if it automatically turns, it will charge from the car when on. It doesn't hurt to make sure it is charged up before an event though.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:45 PM
Chris P Lewis
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
if you have a login with Porsche, which you should with a new car, all the templates and information are there. Also, Jeremy Sundt at PMNA is a great resource. It’s not intuitive.
Yeah what he said. You have to do a setup for each track and load the start/finish coordinates in a table for the setup.
Buy an AIM Solo DL2 and use the 718 GT4 template which gives you everything you need. Then import it into Track Attack because AIM is pathetic.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:47 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P Lewis
Yeah what he said. You have to do a setup for each track and load the start/finish coordinates in a table for the setup.
Buy an AIM Solo DL2 and use the 718 GT4 template which gives you everything you need. Then import it into Track Attack because AIM is pathetic.
If you go the S2DL route, I'm happy to help out with that and the "pathetic" RS2 and RS3 Analysis Software.
Old 10-29-2020, 03:48 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris P Lewis

Hahaha! Well, it IS a steep learning curve. That's why there are all the webinars, seminars and videos!

I can supply 718 GT4 CS plug and play cables for power, ground and car information to the AiM Solo 2 DL, about $83.30 shipped. It's nice.

Again, this is why the Racelogic Video VBOX HD2's are such a popular choice for the 981 GT4 CS, 991 GT2 RS CS and the 718 GT4 CS.

I don't care what people buy, I sell and support ALL of it.

Just as long as they use something...

Last edited by ProCoach; 10-29-2020 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:40 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Thanks all,

I appreciate the help as I am slowly gathering it all together,

I will eventually speak with the Porsche of North America to get some templates for the various tracks.

I will then figure out how to import them into Cosworth and the aim2.
Right now I am doing this just for lap times and so the car knows where I am for the camera.

It seems to be about three orders of magnitude more complicated when we start talking about lap data. That’s why this is a hobby not a profession👍🏼
Old 10-29-2020, 10:57 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Thanks all,

Right now I am doing this just for lap times and so the car knows where I am for the camera.
There are some very simple solutions that work well just for lap time and video.

I've supplied just the SmartyCam GP V2.2, antenna and plug and play cable to many 718 GT4 CS owners.

Fully instrumented videos with lap times, all automatic. No loading of tracks because it's already done and automatic.

Here's an example of this set up I supplied in an older Club Sport, it would look like this:

Here's the alternative VBOX that I supplied for a 718 GT4 CS:
Old 10-29-2020, 11:38 PM
s996
Rennlist Member

Peter thanks for posting those videos. My smarty cam go 2.2 that you sold me shows that exact top video. With the exception of the throttle and the brake only go about 20% across the field even at full brake or full throttle. I am unsure how to fix this but it may be firmware?

The video is beautiful and it works very well after I stop the car and drop the chip into my laptop.

I was hoping to have the lap timer on my dash which is Cosworth work in a similar manner.
Old 10-30-2020, 12:10 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Peter thanks for posting those videos. My smarty cam go 2.2 that you sold me shows that exact top video. With the exception of the throttle and the brake only go about 20% across the field even at full brake or full throttle. I am unsure how to fix this but it may be firmware?

The video is beautiful and it works very well after I stop the car and drop the chip into my laptop.

I was hoping to have the lap timer on my dash which is Cosworth work in a similar manner.
PM me and we’ll get it straight.

No way to do the Cosworth Lap Time easily without either a beacon or setting up the coordinates for each track with the optional GPS antenna.

Quick Reply: New clubsport cosworth dash setup