Notices

Solo2 DL 991.2 GT3 Cup

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 11:09 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 140 Posts
Default Solo2 DL 991.2 GT3 Cup

Does anyone know how to pickup the CAN bus or what cables to get in order to connect my Solo2 DL to my 991.2 GT3 Cup?

Right now I have the OBDII cable that I use in my 991.2 GT3 RS.

I just got the car this week and trying to sort things out.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:20 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,341 Likes on 1,896 Posts

Originally Posted by awew911
Does anyone know how to pickup the CAN bus or what cables to get in order to connect my Solo2 DL to my 991.2 GT3 Cup?

Right now I have the OBDII cable that I use in my 991.2 GT3 RS.

I just got the car this week and trying to sort things out.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I’m working with AiM right now on this for a number of 991.2 GT3 Cup cars, both for new devices configured in RS3 and legacy devices in RS2. It does work, just incomplete right now.

Currently, the scaling is off on the steering (reads about 658 degrees at 0 degrees steering) and we’re getting a high, constant measure for both front and rear brake pressure. Everything else is good, and you get a LOT of great information from the Options/Sensors 12-pin connector. The driver (the template telling the AiM how and where to look for the specific info coming from the car) needs some tweaking. The hardware works.

I also have a call into Jeremy Sundt at PMNA to coordinate all of this and find a solution that will work. Some cars have not been loaded with an ICD template that feeds Cosworth info TO that connector, in my experience.

I have more than four dozen VBOX’s in these cars (both .1 and .2 variants) and I’m good there, but will need to find a solution, if it doesn’t already exist with an updated driver within AIM. Cameron and Robbie are a big help there.

PM me for more details, but worthwhile, for sure. I send pre-made plug and play kits for these cars, across three lines of loggers.
Old 02-06-2020, 11:25 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I’m working with AiM right now on this for a number of 991.2 GT3 Cup cars, both for new devices configured in RS3 and legacy devices in RS2.

Currently, the scaling is off on the steering (reads about 658 degrees at 0 degrees steering) and we’re getting a high, constant measure for both front and rear brake pressure. Everything else is good, and you get a LOT of great information from the Options/Sensors 12-pin connector.

I also have a call into Jeremy Sundt at PMNA to coordinate all of this and find a solution that will work. Some cars have not been loaded with an ICD template that feeds Cosworth info TO that connector, in my experience.

I have more than four dozen VBOX’s in these cars (both .1 and .2 variants) and I’m good there, but will need to find a solution, if it doesn’t already exist with an updated driver within AIM. Cameron and Robbie are a big help there.

PM me for more details, but worthwhile, for sure. I send pre-made plug and play kits for these cars, across three lines of loggers.
Thanks !
Old 02-06-2020, 11:44 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Making progress, for sure.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-09-2020, 08:36 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Just ordered the 12 pin connector for the option/sensors connection. Ill pickup what I can and for now, just use the channels that are available.

Thanks again for your help and keep me posted if you make any progress.

Old 02-09-2020, 10:51 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by awew911
Just ordered the 12 pin connector for the option/sensors connection. Ill pickup what I can and for now, just use the channels that are available.

Thanks again for your help and keep me posted if you make any progress.
I spoke with Jeremy Sundt at PMNA and that will be the preferred connection in Cups, from now on.

The latest driver (template for the AiM channel list) does appear to work.

There is a Cosworth template (dash config) that enables the output to that connector.

If you don’t get information, you will need to register on the PMNA support site with your ownership and VIN, if you haven’t already, and get that template from the site, load it in Toolset to the ICD or work with Jeremy Sundt.

Let me know what else I can do to help.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:39 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ProCoach
I spoke with Jeremy Sundt at PMNA and that will be the preferred connection in Cups, from now on.

The latest driver (template for the AiM channel list) does appear to work.

There is a Cosworth template (dash config) that enables the output to that connector.

If you don’t get information, you will need to register on the PMNA support site with your ownership and VIN, if you haven’t already, and get that template from the site, load it in Toolset to the ICD or work with Jeremy Sundt.

Let me know what else I can do to help.
Thank you. Registered and got the software.

once I get aim cable and wire up to connector,and see what I get on the can bus. Thanks for the referral to Jeremy. Will advise with results.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:16 PM
awew911
Rennlist Member

Quick update - the 991.2 Cup has a connector to grab the CAN bus data. Hooked it up to my Solo2 DL. Bought a Deutsche connector and pinned it no problem. Works like a charm. Nothing special.

The following users liked this post:
ProCoach (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 10:17 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Yes, they updated the driver for it.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:17 AM
awew911
Rennlist Member