Notices

Race Studio 2 - Analysis - Two laps, diff "tests"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 05:48 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 133 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Race Studio 2 - Analysis - Two laps, diff "tests"?

Question is in the subject line... essentially... how can I overlay two laps, from two different "test" files?

I want to compare a lap from an event I did this past week, against a lap from a session I did last fall, and overlay the two on top of one another in a Measures Graph.

Can I?
Old 07-31-2018, 05:56 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacked 987
Question is in the subject line... essentially... how can I overlay two laps, from two different "test" files?

I want to compare a lap from an event I did this past week, against a lap from a session I did last fall, and overlay the two on top of one another in a Measures Graph.

Can I?
Absolutely!

Open both sessions, by default they open to fastest lap (each session), Select the laps you want to compare and select the measures you want to see. Keep it to GPS speed and say, GPS Long G. Then, make sure the scale on the bottom of the graph is distance, not time in seconds.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:05 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Thanks!

I think I know what the problem was.

Last year, I had my car configured incorrectly for the CAN setting. One was BOSCH the other was SIEMENS and when I scroll down over the "measures" I now see they're mostly different.

If I just highlight the stuff that's named identically.... voila, I get overlays.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:42 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

Thanks!

I think I know what the problem was.

Last year, I had my car configured incorrectly for the CAN setting. One was BOSCH the other was SIEMENS and when I scroll down over the "measures" I now see they're mostly different.

If I just highlight the stuff that's named identically.... voila, I get overlays.
Correct. The software is literal, so if the names are different at all, it won't auto select them. GPS measures are almost always the same name.
Old 07-31-2018, 08:36 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Ok one more quick question: Is it possible to do an overlay with the "Theoretical best lap" that shows up under the Split report, against an actual lap?
Old 07-31-2018, 08:51 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 761 Likes on 499 Posts

Ok one more quick question: Is it possible to do an overlay with the "Theoretical best lap" that shows up under the Split report, against an actual lap?
Nope, but the time compare graph when looking at multiple laps is the same idea.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:05 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Nope, it’s too bad.

Can’t do that in MoTeC or VBOX, either.

One of the best features about Traqmate. When you scrolled across the lap, you could see the linked lap number that would tell you WHICH lap the best (which makes up the TBL) lap WAS so you could find it.

Be very careful with AiM’s calculations of TBL. Validate every exceptional lap segment against the best lap. I don’t find it very reliable, and it’s time consuming to discover where, when and why you did something exceptional. But it is a useful measure.
Old 07-31-2018, 09:10 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
Nope, but the time compare graph when looking at multiple laps is the same idea.
The time compare graph works best comparing lap to another lap, but as you add laps, it gets tough. It would nice if there was an easier way. Especially with linked video...

Quick Reply: Race Studio 2 - Analysis - Two laps, diff "tests"?