Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 09:06 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 2,802 Likes on 1,655 Posts

Originally Posted by matt33
Hi ShakeNBake

You are correct - this is an alternative track configuration that shares the same start/finish line as the default (albeit much less frequently used) main track configuration.

Teething issues aside.. the immediate side by side sector and lap synch/stepping/comparison is incredibly powerful. Fantastic product and software.

Matty
Over the years, I’ve had this issue at VIR, which has multiple configurations sharing a common (and one that doesn’t) start/finish.

On mission critical events. I do load the track specific scene. But usually, even if it “gets it wrong” initially, it will correct itself as it recognizes the correct lap length for a specific configuration.

AiM periodically does this also, where the auto track is enabled and it takes time to “figure out” which length configuration goes with a matching map configuration.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:41 PM
boxer-11
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 35 Posts

It took a while for tracks local to me to be even available in the built in database so I got used to the track-specific scene file paradigm. Now that auto selection is an option for me, and based on experiments with that delivering mixed results, I'd still say that track-specific scene approach is the Best-Known-Method. I frequent several tracks so I keep the scenes loaded for each and then select the right one on the day -- this does presuppose that you a) remember to do the selection; and b) have the OLED display to make selecting easy.

Auto-select is a time saver perhaps in terms of not having to make extra scene file variants and avoiding the need to do the selection on the morning-of but on the other hand if you go the track specific route and follow your checklist to set the correct selection then your overlays can never be messed up.
Old 07-26-2018, 04:05 PM
matt33
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for sharing you experience. I’m starting to feel that removing the uncertainty by using the scene specific approach is just easier.

If you have multiple scenes loaded on the HD2, does it remember the last one selected or do you need to re-select it each time the unit powers down?

thanks
Matty
Old 07-26-2018, 05:21 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Thanks for sharing you experience. I’m starting to feel that removing the uncertainty by using the scene specific approach is just easier.

If you have multiple scenes loaded on the HD2, does it remember the last one selected or do you need to re-select it each time the unit powers down?

thanks
Matty
Remembers, IIRC.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:09 PM
matt33
Rennlist Member

Thanks Peter.. Mitchell from RL also confirmed this is the case.

Does anyone know if I can put multiple scene files on the SD card and load them simultaneously, or do they need to be loaded one by one?
Old 07-26-2018, 09:29 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Thanks Peter.. Mitchell from RL also confirmed this is the case.

Does anyone know if I can put multiple scene files on the SD card and load them simultaneously, or do they need to be loaded one by one?
The ONLY way multiple scenes may be loaded (maximum of six or eight, can’t remember) is all in one SD card load, as the presence of any scene on a card overwrites what is in the machine.

Send multiple scenes from VBOX Setup to the card, making sure you name them so you can select the proper one on the OLED or on the app.
Old 07-28-2018, 01:55 AM
matt33
Rennlist Member

Can confirm the HD2 supports 8 scenes
Old 07-28-2018, 10:12 AM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 938 Likes on 543 Posts

Learn something new every day
Old 07-28-2018, 04:18 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Old 07-28-2018, 04:48 PM
boxboxbox
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

speaking of vbox.

has anyone here ever run into a problem where the unit starts recording from the car moving, stops and then doesn't restart the recording?
15kph threshold, 10s stopping of recording after car stops.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:14 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by boxboxbox
speaking of vbox.

has anyone here ever run into a problem where the unit starts recording from the car moving, stops and then doesn't restart the recording?
15kph threshold, 10s stopping of recording after car stops.
Does the unit have .72 firmware loaded? This addresses a bug like that. Otherwise it is an antenna problem, in my experience.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:49 PM
boxboxbox
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

strange that one out of six would run into that problem. changed the unit instead lol.

but that firmware update I s'pose willneed to be done. thanks!
Old 08-01-2018, 12:34 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by boxboxbox
strange that one out of six would run into that problem. changed the unit instead lol.

but that firmware update I s'pose willneed to be done. thanks!
.74 released today. Ups the CAN channel limit on the HD2 to 80 (from 32), plus addresses periodic “no record” issues.

Version 1.3.74 fixes an issue where the unit would sometimes not log, adds support for 80 CAN channels, and has a couple of track related fixes/changes.

Quick Reply: HD2 scene problem