Notices

Finished Spring Detail

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:18 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

First City, fjpdds, and Nick 49 thanks for the compliments. It was a lot of work but well worth it. I thinking about entering the Father's Day Concours in CT. It's been a great Spring for great driving so fat. If anyone has a great remedy for removing bug splatter let me know. I live in the hills of Litchfield county and if you drive at night it sounds like machine gun fire going off as you're driving home.

Jay
Old 06-17-2012, 10:56 AM
dyazdani
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks great - I just ordered a new supply of products including a Griot's polisher, all from DD. I've now got 4 vehicles to detail

Originally Posted by DJ23
I thinking about entering the Father's Day Concours in CT.
Did you enter?

If anyone has a great remedy for removing bug splatter let me know. I live in the hills of Litchfield county and if you drive at night it sounds like machine gun fire going off as you're driving home.
I use Anti-Insekt from 1Z Einszett and have had good results. It's always tough, especially if the paint isn't protected.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:15 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Thanks for the tip about the bugs. And yes I did enter my car. Only received third place. But all the cars looked just as great. Had a great time driving to the event and back home. What a way to spend Father's Day.

jay
Old 06-21-2012, 12:07 PM
mmccull5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks spectacular!

Have you checked out autogeek.net ? They have everything, along with some great technical forums and videos. It is my one stop shop for detailing supplies for both the cars and boat.

Pads: the best pads I have come across are from Lake Country (sold on autogeek).

Bugs: have you tried rejex? I swear by it.

Quick Reply: Finished Spring Detail