Notices

Does PERMAPLATE interact with P21S wax?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 10:40 PM
mdonline
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does PERMAPLATE interact with P21S wax?

My car, 997 S 2006, was treated with PermaPlate at the dealer at the time of purchase (it was a freebie. I would never pay for that stuff).

I recently put on a coat of P21S wax. It looked duller. Buffed it out, and it still looked dull. Washed the car, and applied two more coats of P21S. Buffed and buffed and I still could not get the wet look on my car.

Does anyone have the same experience. Is there some interaction between PermaPlate and carnauba wax that would prevent the car from getting that new wet look?

What should I do now?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:41 PM
CT03911
Banned

Not familiar with Permaplate but I would do a complete detail with my own products after a Dawn wash and polish to strip the car.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mdonline
My car, 997 S 2006, was treated with PermaPlate at the dealer at the time of purchase (it was a freebie. I would never pay for that stuff).

I recently put on a coat of P21S wax. It looked duller. Buffed it out, and it still looked dull. Washed the car, and applied two more coats of P21S. Buffed and buffed and I still could not get the wet look on my car.

Does anyone have the same experience. Is there some interaction between PermaPlate and carnauba wax that would prevent the car from getting that new wet look?

What should I do now?

Thanks for any suggestions.
No worry about a wax. It will work just fine. JUst wash the car lik enormal dry it and then wax it. You can do this every 6 to 8 weeks.

Anthony

Quick Reply: Does PERMAPLATE interact with P21S wax?