Notices

New Car Care

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts
Default New Car Care

After reading more than I should have on autopia.org and elsewhere, I've settled on a wash this weekend with Meguiar's gold shampoo, polish with Meg's #81 and wax with Meg's #16. I like the idea of not using silicone-containing products that bond to the paint. There should be no need for a cleaner with a new car. The optional step is the polish, but it's supposed to be good for the paint.....

Thoughts?
Old 11-30-2004, 02:18 PM
Anthony Orosco
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
After reading more than I should have on autopia.org and elsewhere, I've settled on a wash this weekend with Meguiar's gold shampoo, polish with Meg's #81 and wax with Meg's #16. I like the idea of not using silicone-containing products that bond to the paint. There should be no need for a cleaner with a new car. The optional step is the polish, but it's supposed to be good for the paint.....

Thoughts?
That would be a "negative" on the "should be no need for a cleaner with a new car" statement.

Every car, including a new car, should be properly prepped before applying a wax. It should also be clayed even if it feels smooth or even if it is a new car as the claying will remove any type of wax that was applied to the car along the way.

Congrats on the new car by the way

Anthony

Quick Reply: New Car Care