Notices

Minnesota chat thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 10:22 AM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Does this link work for new or potential members?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/249896965765773/
Old 07-01-2019, 09:04 AM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Yesterday's All Porsche Show was pretty awesome! I hope you guys got to go.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:24 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Thanks to everyone who came over to help me with replacing my serpentine belt. What a cool mod party! <3
Old 07-22-2019, 01:42 PM
WJames
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PPI Recommendation

Hi all. I am looking at a potential car purchase in the Minneapolis area. Are there any recommendations for an independent shop to complete a PPI?
Old 07-22-2019, 01:46 PM
Greenchunks
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WJames
Hi all. I am looking at a potential car purchase in the Minneapolis area. Are there any recommendations for an independent shop to complete a PPI?
WJames,

I'd recommend AutoEdge if they're on the East Side/St. Paul or Imola if they're on the West Side/Minneapolis. Both Shops are top notch for Porsche. I've used Courtney Truck Service as well in the South West/Eden Prairie area (they do a lot of Porsches as the owner has been racing them for several years).
Old 07-23-2019, 12:18 PM
WJames
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Greenchunks
WJames,

I'd recommend AutoEdge if they're on the East Side/St. Paul or Imola if they're on the West Side/Minneapolis. Both Shops are top notch for Porsche. I've used Courtney Truck Service as well in the South West/Eden Prairie area (they do a lot of Porsches as the owner has been racing them for several years).

Much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2019, 10:09 PM
AIrey1507
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi all - making a quick introduction as I just bought my first Porsche last week. It's a 2006 Carrera in near perfect shape w/ under 50k miles. Have always wanted a Porsche and have been watching the market closely for years so feels great to finally have one parked in the garage. I've done a couple of the driving experiences through PEC at both LA & Atlanta and am looking forward to finding some local DE and autocross events to participate in! Also looking forward to putting miles on the car (near) year round --- I already have my winter tires on order! I've got my PCA membership and will get going on joining Nordstern and P&P. Cheers!

-Alex
Old 09-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Greenchunks
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AIrey1507
Hi all - making a quick introduction as I just bought my first Porsche last week. It's a 2006 Carrera in near perfect shape w/ under 50k miles. Have always wanted a Porsche and have been watching the market closely for years so feels great to finally have one parked in the garage. I've done a couple of the driving experiences through PEC at both LA & Atlanta and am looking forward to finding some local DE and autocross events to participate in! Also looking forward to putting miles on the car (near) year round --- I already have my winter tires on order! I've got my PCA membership and will get going on joining Nordstern and P&P. Cheers!

-Alex
Alex, welcome! There's a number of us in the Twin Cities area (and some stragglers down south in Rochester). There's a track event at Brainerd International Raceway coming up the first weekend of October, it's a Driver's Training (DT) and DE event, so you can get your 'approval' from PCA and Nord Stern to be out on the track for the weekend. Check the Nord Stern magazine for the AutoX schedule, there's events nearly every weekend at DCTC. We'll see you in the P&P group soon hopefully!
Old 01-26-2020, 11:53 AM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

Looking at all the snow is depressing because it makes me think Spring is going to be very wet and the driving season will be delayed. Oh, well. I'll just browse for toys and parts.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:40 PM
928S MN
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Agree. Was just out looking at the 928 under the car cover. Almost started making car noises. Vroom, Vroom!

Toys and Parts? Do tell.

I've got my parts, just need to install them.
Old 01-26-2020, 12:49 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

I got a new gas cap, but I also just bought the lift pucks. I was looking into taking the car to AutoEdge for some tuneup and maintenance work. I'm pretty happy with everything on the car, so my list is boring.
Old 01-26-2020, 01:09 PM
928S MN
Rennlist Member

Parts to install.

New brake bias valve. Changing out the 33 Bar for a 55 Bar
New SS Brake lines. The current ones look original and that means they're 35 yrs old! Way over due for a change out.
New clutch pedal stop - Positive, repeatable, clutch action for faster, more precise shifting, plus less wear on syncros, master cylinder and thrust bearing
New faster responding air intake temp sensor for a small improvement in throttle response.
The following users liked this post:
David HUDGENS (01-26-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 01:18 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

I think I'm going to have AutoEdge play around with my shifter. If it can be adjusted, then I want it adjusted. I just want to drive!

Where are you having your work done?
Old 01-26-2020, 01:44 PM
928S MN
Rennlist Member

I do all my own wrenching. It's just too much fun, and learning, to have a shop do the work.

The one time shop work I let go was an alignment done by Courtney's up in Eden Prairie. The 928 is a little tricky to align correctly. Courtney's did a great job!!

The only other two shops I would even consider are Werkstatt 533 in Rochester and AutoEdge. I inquired a couple of years ago at the local Porsche Dealer and they stated they didn't have any mechanics that had experience on a 928. Maybe they have someone now? Don't know. But I knew what I was getting into when I bought this beast.

When I get the winter blues, I run this Youtube video, with the volume turned up of course, of my 928's exhaust!

The following users liked this post:
David HUDGENS (01-26-2020)
Old 01-26-2020, 01:49 PM
David HUDGENS
Instructor

I need to make a video like that! I need to get a mount for my GoPro.

I would love to work on my car, especially now. But I also don't have a fully equipped garage with heat. So I'm considering AutoEdge, partly because they have a dyno, and I'm dying to know the WHP on this car.

Quick Reply: Minnesota chat thread