Just moved back to Chicago! - Page 4 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Notices

Just moved back to Chicago!

 
Old 08-10-2018, 09:17 PM
  #46  
chicago_nsx
User
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Chicago
Posts: 28
Default

Hey Pryme - Im a fellow north sider of Chicago - hit me with a PM!
chicago_nsx is offline  
Old 08-12-2018, 09:23 PM
  #47  
Gh0st0
User
 
Gh0st0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 225
Default

There is super car Saturday, and also fuelfed car meet ups
Gh0st0 is offline  
Old 08-19-2018, 11:07 PM
  #48  
Pryme57
User
 
Pryme57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: North Chicago, IL
Posts: 17
Default

I didn't realize how active this area was. checked out a few events the past couple of weeks, North Suburb Cars and Coffee, Motorwerks Cars and Coffee (this was a good event, free food!), PCA Social @ Superdawg. Checked out the luftgruppe 1 event as well.
Pryme57 is offline  
Old 08-19-2018, 11:10 PM
  #49  
Pryme57
User
 
Pryme57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: North Chicago, IL
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by R324U View Post

Concours 3 happening Sunday in Lombard, anyone attending?
I've seen these advertised but I've never heard of a concours. I'm assuming a Concours is a car show competition?
Pryme57 is offline  
Old 08-19-2018, 11:19 PM
  #50  
Gh0st0
User
 
Gh0st0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 225
Default

Originally Posted by Pryme57 View Post
I didn't realize how active this area was. checked out a few events the past couple of weeks, North Suburb Cars and Coffee, Motorwerks Cars and Coffee (this was a good event, free food!), PCA Social @ Superdawg. Checked out the luftgruppe 1 event as well.
any links to the meets? PCa is a known but didnít know about the other cars and coffee events
Gh0st0 is offline  
Old 08-19-2018, 11:31 PM
  #51  
Pryme57
User
 
Pryme57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: North Chicago, IL
Posts: 17
Default

Originally Posted by Gh0st0 View Post


any links to the meets? PCa is a known but didnít know about the other cars and coffee events
North Suburbs - https://www.facebook.com/NorthSuburbsCarsAndCoffee/
Luftgruppe - https://luftgruppe.wordpress.com/ - this I found through the Fuelfed site.
The Motor Werks one I heard about from a friend who bought her Porsche from them and she's on their mailing list.

If I come across more I'll let you know..


Pryme57 is offline  
Old 08-20-2018, 12:03 AM
  #52  
Gadsby
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Gadsby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Barrington, IL
Posts: 527
Default Sorry missed out, been racking up the miles

Sorry I missed out on meeting up with fellow rennlisters! Been racking up the miles before jr starts school again. Hit Oshkosh Air Show, Road america, and Door County over the past few weeks to reach a milage milestone, 400K on the SC.

When will we just have a Chicago Rennlister gathering!!! That would be a Great Excuse!

Later.



Gadsby is offline  
Old 08-20-2018, 11:28 PM
  #53  
Gh0st0
User
 
Gh0st0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 225
Default

Originally Posted by Pryme57 View Post
North Suburbs - https://www.facebook.com/NorthSuburbsCarsAndCoffee/
Luftgruppe - https://luftgruppe.wordpress.com/ - this I found through the Fuelfed site.
The Motor Werks one I heard about from a friend who bought her Porsche from them and she's on their mailing list.

If I come across more I'll let you know..
thanks, wish theyíd have mailing lists instead of fb pages, fb is pretty unreliable with post visibility now days
Gh0st0 is offline  
Old 08-21-2018, 01:14 PM
  #54  
PCA1983
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
PCA1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Orlando (winter), Chicago (Summer)
Posts: 1,430
Default

This weekend it's the PCA Autocross at Boomers Stadium on Sat. https://pca-chicago.org/cms/autocross

Then on Sunday it's the Geneva Concours. I think it's too late to register to park in the PCA Corral, but not sure. It's still a fun day to wander the streets and enjoy, . http://genevaconcours.net/

I'll be at the Geneva, but probably not at the autocross
PCA1983 is offline  
Old 08-21-2018, 01:40 PM
  #55  
nwGTS
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
nwGTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 3,745
Default

Not sure if you guys saw but Rennology closed.
https://www.rennology.com/
Richard was nice when I'd see him at ABCC but I had them restore a set of calipers I was going to put on my car and they totally botched it. I don't want to turn this into a 'dump on Rennology' thread but I'm not surprised this happened.
nwGTS is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 12:03 AM
  #56  
Gh0st0
User
 
Gh0st0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 225
Default

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS View Post
This weekend it's the PCA Autocross at Boomers Stadium on Sat. https://pca-chicago.org/cms/autocross

Then on Sunday it's the Geneva Concours. I think it's too late to register to park in the PCA Corral, but not sure. It's still a fun day to wander the streets and enjoy, . http://genevaconcours.net/

I'll be at the Geneva, but probably not at the autocross
Might have to check out Geneva, closer to me vs fuelfed in winnetka
Gh0st0 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 09:11 PM
  #57  
Pryme57
User
 
Pryme57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: North Chicago, IL
Posts: 17
Default

How many of you have your front license plate on? I added a tow hook license plate after two of my friends received a ticket in the city, not sure if it is really the CPD that looks for this vs the burbs.
Pryme57 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 09:22 PM
  #58  
Gadsby
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Gadsby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Barrington, IL
Posts: 527
Default



Iíve been running front plates since I started getting parking tickets at ORD 10 years ago they never let up even when you park tight to the wall!

Working on nice turbo this week that just came out of storge. Plenty of air leaks! Time to freshen up the rubber lines.

Gadsby is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 10:13 PM
  #59  
Pryme57
User
 
Pryme57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: North Chicago, IL
Posts: 17
Default

Nice! OK, I was going to remove the tow hook front plate but I guess it's not worth the risk of tickets. I didn't realize you can get these at ORD!
Pryme57 is offline  
Old 08-22-2018, 10:17 PM
  #60  
Gh0st0
User
 
Gh0st0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Midwest
Posts: 225
Default

Gh0st0 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just moved back to Chicago!


Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: