Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne Hybrid for Recovering Tesla Driver

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2024, 11:07 PM
carthinker
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So .... I took the Cayenne for a spin again, today, and this just confirmed how much I like the way it drives. It doesn't feel like it has the same punch X5, but the handling and the interior were excellent. The Cayenne I drove only had basic lane assist, etc. Not so great.

However, I then drove a Taycan with innodrive - to test the system, not the car - I'm not interested in a Taycan. Driving with Innodrive, the whole package seemed really solid. Was it a comprehensive, screen-mapped system, super smooth system like my Tesla; or hands free like the BMW - no. HOWEVER, on a wicked curvy highway, the car was doing a good job. The curves were smooth. The care was centered. I'd be more than comfortable having this help me along.

The one big problem was that it kept suddenly dropping speed every time we drove by a speed sign - but the rep disabled that feature and things were fine. I guess it stays disabled if you sign in?? There was one moment where it seemed to cut pretty close to a line, but it was ok. Did it re-center itself with a few "steps" to recenter on one occasion. Sure. But after the latest update, so does my Tesla.

I went in with really low expectations and came back with the sense that - this system is a few years back, but it is a workable and responsible version of that few years back system. I was pretty pleased.
The following 2 users liked this post by carthinker:
daveo4porsche (08-29-2024), MAXFPS (08-30-2024)
Old 08-29-2024, 11:54 PM
carthinker
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MAXFPS
@carthinker My base ‘24 Cayenne was my first Porsche, and now I have two more incoming. Coming from 10 years of Audi driving, I had no idea a car, much less a heavy SUV, could make me enjoy driving so much. So I’ve ordered a Turbo E-Hybrid fully customized with all the goodies I didn’t get on my base. I can hardly believe this car can get much better, and can do 0-60 2 seconds faster than what I’m driving right now!
And the tech on the ‘24s and later Cayenne is decent. I love the new digital gauges many of the owners of older gens that prefer analog lament. And the passenger screen is seriously cool. Compared to Audi’s aging tech, it’s an upgrade. It’ll keep you in your lane, show a 3D spin of your car surroundings with the cameras, and the night vision will warn you if there’s a deer next to the road. It takes 10 minutes to get a movie playing, but when it works it’s spectacular. Still, not quite as full featured as my son’s ‘24 Mercedes C-class. But I crave all the tech and this car has enough that it does not leave me wanting at least. But it’s all about the cornering…. As JayEmm one of the YouTubers said of the Cayenne GTS “I’ve never seen a hippo do ballet… until now.”

The Cayenne is the finest car I’ve ever owned, just be warned Porsche is addictive, and expensive!
‘I’m still laughing over the hippo line!
The following users liked this post:
MAXFPS (08-30-2024)
Old 09-04-2024, 09:36 AM
southernpaladin
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MAXFPS
I had no idea a car, much less a heavy SUV, could make me enjoy driving so much. ... But I crave all the tech and this car has enough that it does not leave me wanting at least. But it’s all about the cornering…. As JayEmm one of the YouTubers said of the Cayenne GTS “I’ve never seen a hippo do ballet… until now.”

The Cayenne is the finest car I’ve ever owned, just be warned Porsche is addictive, and expensive!
Could not agree with this more!

My Cayenne E-Hybrid is my first Porsche. And I'm in love.
The following 2 users liked this post by southernpaladin:
carthinker (09-21-2024), MAXFPS (09-04-2024)
Old 09-12-2024, 01:47 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 470 Posts

Mostly what these guys say on the hybrid. Enjoy mine very much and for me lane keep and active cruise and HUD were my only tech options. Stayed away from INNO-drive as from what I've read and heard it just is not as good as Telsa (where OP comes from) or BMW....and I am a driver so I want to drive my cars. Appreciate some help but when it comes down to it...its a car to me not a laptop or cell phone although its getting closer now a days to a supercomputer on wheels. But compared to the others you are entertaining the Cayenne was the best driving one and also better looking inside and outside....that along with the ability to secure an build and allocation to build my own car individualized to my own tastes [at a price of course] is what takes the last check mark for the win here. BMW does somewhat but often with others you're taking whatever the dealer likes or thinks can sell for the most profit or easier to move...and I've found by now that ofen is NOT what I want or use in my vehicles. So much more pleasant to order my car with what I want and need and not fifty things additional or extra I don't use but paid for!

Otherwise car just rocks on the road and my Coupe S hybrid looks good standing still too!

Delivery completed #1

Delivery completed #2

Sport Design Rear side oblique view

the view

44 miles fully charged 91% on hybrid power. Not bad.

e hybrid dash

Profile drivers side.
The following users liked this post:
southernpaladin (09-13-2024)
Old 09-12-2024, 07:03 PM
On_Your_Left
Rennlist Member

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

I'd personally skip BMW. They continued decline into a being craptastic brand continues.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Hybrid for Recovering Tesla Driver