2023 CPO Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2024, 02:45 AM
smk7
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2023 CPO Turbo

Hi team,

I have been reading the forum for advice for years and am posting now for help with a purchase decision on a 2023 CPO GTS/Turbo. I've been scouring the market nationally for a build that works well for us, and this seems to be the best example I can find of heavily optioned without too many miles and a nice long CPO warranty.

2023 CPO Turbo

I just wanted to get people's thoughts on this build, the asking price, the CarFax history, etc. I don't love that someone drove it 17,000 miles in 11 months but figure it's still light mileage-wise and has warranty through 2029. I find it somewhat suspicious that they've had it up for sale since Jan 2024. I imagine a PPI would be important to do? Do I ask the dealership to do that or ask them if I can pay for an independent shop to do it? Thanks for the advice on a first time Cayenne purchase!
Old 07-11-2024, 08:53 AM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Nice build with all the performance goodies, too. I saw only one key fob displayed on the photos. Check that it has two working key fobs.

You may wish to have the PPI conducted by a shop other than the dealer. The selling dealer may be biased or may pressure their mechanic to overlook issues. That way, they don’t have to pay to fix it prior to the sale. When it breaks after you buy it, they bill Porsche warranty for the repair.
Old 07-11-2024, 09:28 AM
toma nova
Rennlist Member

Received 365 Likes on 246 Posts

The CarFax detail shows a sale date of 2-18-23 so 17k miles over almost 17 months - much closer to average use.

I agree with and independent PPI, well worth the few hundred on such a complex vehicle (PDCC, PCCB, etc).
Old 07-11-2024, 12:29 PM
3Series
Three Wheelin'

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by smk7
Hi team,

I have been reading the forum for advice for years and am posting now for help with a purchase decision on a 2023 CPO GTS/Turbo. I've been scouring the market nationally for a build that works well for us, and this seems to be the best example I can find of heavily optioned without too many miles and a nice long CPO warranty.

2023 CPO Turbo

I just wanted to get people's thoughts on this build, the asking price, the CarFax history, etc. I don't love that someone drove it 17,000 miles in 11 months but figure it's still light mileage-wise and has warranty through 2029. I find it somewhat suspicious that they've had it up for sale since Jan 2024. I imagine a PPI would be important to do? Do I ask the dealership to do that or ask them if I can pay for an independent shop to do it? Thanks for the advice on a first time Cayenne purchase!

Nice build, it has PCCB so no squeal. Nice ext color. My view is that a PPI is overrated on a newish car with a warranty as its very limiting on what a mechanic can/will discover. But it can't hurt, it will just cost you. It won't discover the things that might bother you like squeaks and rattles.

Old 07-11-2024, 12:41 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnave
Nice build with all the performance goodies, too. I saw only one key fob displayed on the photos. Check that it has two working key fobs.

You may wish to have the PPI conducted by a shop other than the dealer. The selling dealer may be biased or may pressure their mechanic to overlook issues. That way, they don’t have to pay to fix it prior to the sale. When it breaks after you buy it, they bill Porsche warranty for the repair.
But to be honest it doesn't really matter since it's CPO. As long as it breaks in the lifetime of warranty... It's an inconvenience but at least it's free.
The following users liked this post:
Carguy1234 (07-18-2024)
Old 07-11-2024, 12:46 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,531 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Good build.

>20% annualized depreciation, wow.

Do you need a trailer hitch?

5 yrs warranty means no concerns for a while.

Last edited by chassis; 07-11-2024 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-11-2024, 05:10 PM
Rodri_Turbo541
7th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

the build is pretty awesome (with basically all the bells and whistles) . I think that they have had the car for about 6 months due to the high price.. i am guessing they were NOT asking for $123K but rather more... i would totally buy the car if they are willing to negotiate the price and offer them $115 K... the factor to consider are the miles... use the leverage for a better price if YOU are keeping the car for long time, it you wanted to have it only for few months... you would loose more money when trying to sell it due to miles...

CPO and Warranty until 2029 is very good !
Ironman88 (07-11-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 07:11 PM
smk7
Cruisin'

Thanks for the advice, everyone!

I was wondering what would be reasonable here given that they have had it listed for sale since Jan 2024. I also was leaning towards $115K but wasn't sure if I'm pushing too hard. Doesn't hard to ask, I suppose. I was planning on paying cash though I'd be willing to finance through them (and then just pay off the loan immediately) if Porsche dealerships ever give better deals on their CPOs that route.

This would be a daily 60 mi round trip commuter + family car for trips on the weekends. Coming from a 2020 Macan S that we put 112K miles on in 4 years of driving. Still going strong but need more room now that we have a kid. I haven't driven a Cayenne Turbo before. I've driven a 2022 GTS before and love the incredible exhaust note, but I haven't been able to find one with all the goodies like this one has loaded up. With this one being so loaded, seems hard to pass up (even if it doesn't have clear taillights and Burmester like I was hoping for!). I do not need a trailer hitch.

Anyone know of a good independent Porsche shop in that part of Indiana? I'm not from the area and would be traveling there to buy.
Old 07-13-2024, 08:40 AM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 194 Posts

Someone on the regional forum or southern Indiana PCA club maybe able to help with a PPI https://www.sir-pca.org/. Nice build, good luck.
Old 07-13-2024, 09:57 AM
smk7
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rdboxster
Someone on the regional forum or southern Indiana PCA club maybe able to help with a PPI https://www.sir-pca.org/. Nice build, good luck.
Perfect! Thank you for the advice re regional forum & PCA!
Old 07-15-2024, 04:56 PM
smk7
Cruisin'

Default Warping Porsche Letters

Working my way through negotiating a deal on this car. When I talked to the salesperson today, I am told the car went for a 60 day CPO recertification and was found to have warping of the PORSCHE letters within the light bar (photo here). They're going to replace the light bar, of course, but I wondered 1) if anyone has seen this issue before and 2) whether it should lead to any other concerns.

Thanks for the input!

Old 07-15-2024, 05:16 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Working my way through negotiating a deal on this car. When I talked to the salesperson today, I am told the car went for a 60 day CPO recertification and was found to have warping of the PORSCHE letters within the light bar (photo here). They're going to replace the light bar, of course, but I wondered 1) if anyone has seen this issue before and 2) whether it should lead to any other concerns.

Thanks for the input!

I've never seen that, However it is know to have a condensation issue. I would assume it had the condensation issue and then the "S" warped. I'm surprised that the dealer is fixing that, I think they'd try to let that slide.

I wouldn't be concerned since they're replacing it.
Carguy1234 (07-18-2024)
Old 07-15-2024, 05:50 PM
smk7
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Shuga
I've never seen that, However it is know to have a condensation issue. I would assume it had the condensation issue and then the "S" warped. I'm surprised that the dealer is fixing that, I think they'd try to let that slide.

I wouldn't be concerned since they're replacing it.
Interesting! I could certainly see how moisture/condensation building up inside could predispose to warping; I just figured it would be a more commonly seen issue in that case. I noticed the "S" first as well, and then the dealer kindly pointed out to me that the "O" and the "E" are also looking warped. He said it's a warranty issue so would be taken care of regardless.
Carguy1234 (07-18-2024)
Old 07-15-2024, 06:16 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,531 Likes on 1,116 Posts

Good luck with the purchase, pics when it is in your driveway!

No concern if the dealer is replacing the light bar. They are milking (bilking) Porsche for a warranty repair.
Old 07-15-2024, 07:34 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Interesting! I could certainly see how moisture/condensation building up inside could predispose to warping; I just figured it would be a more commonly seen issue in that case. I noticed the "S" first as well, and then the dealer kindly pointed out to me that the "O" and the "E" are also looking warped. He said it's a warranty issue so would be taken care of regardless.
Oh wow, I see that now. Well it's being replaced so nothing to worry about. Just keep an eye out on the new light bar they put in, like I had said before the condensation issue is super super common. I think my Panamera went through 4 different brand new tail lights ( all replaced under the CPO) But still.

Quick Reply: 2023 CPO Turbo