Sponsored By:

2025 Cayenne GTS/PDCC+RAS question

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 06:26 PM
cayennegtsmax
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2025 Cayenne GTS/PDCC+RAS question

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster. I just spec'ed a new Cayenne Coupe GTS which I'm super excited about and am curious your thoughts on PDCC/RAS and which of the two (or both, or neither) are must-haves. Given what I'm already spending, I'm not too concerned with cost (adding both is only ~$5k). However I am slightly concerned with the added weight/complexity of the 2 systems. Apologies if this is a very dumb question, but might it slow the vehicle down (i.e. can I expect a slower 0-60 time) with the addition of these 2 systems? The car will not be tracked but I do live in Los Angeles where there are many nice twisty drives. Would I be happier with both, or is the GTS expected to be "tight" enough in corners as it is and these are unnecessary?

Max
Old 06-03-2024, 07:11 PM
bearcat2000
Instructor

Received 150 Likes on 78 Posts

Max, I would totally get them all over again as I have them both on my 23 S. You won't believe the maneuverability...accelerate through a good curve and it will put a smile on your face.
The following 2 users liked this post by bearcat2000:
i386_64 (06-03-2024), Woofman (06-03-2024)
Old 06-03-2024, 08:34 PM
i386_64
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

Any chassis option is worth the investment. I bought mine that way and would do the same without thinking even for a second.
The following users liked this post:
Woofman (06-03-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 09:04 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,452 Likes on 1,553 Posts

Rear Wheel Steering is a great option, you'll like that. I have it on both my 992 and my Cayenne GTS. I think that is always worthwhile.

PDCC I wouldn't bother with on a Cayenne. I have it on my 992 and it allows for flatter cornering, but I rarely engage it. On a Cayenne GTS, which is not a sports car, I'd skip it. Mine does not have it and it corners as well as any 5,000 lb beast can, and I have a new 2025 Cayenne S Hybrid I have on order I skipped it as well. With the new dual dampener suspension, the 24's are already cornering very flat without any harshness at all. Now if you plan to track the Cayenne, or autocross it, then yes.

Old 06-04-2024, 01:11 PM
rdboxster
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 194 Posts

Why PDCC and Ras are options. It depends on what you want. I have both in the 22 GTS and wouldn’t be without them. We have 24k miles of mostly interstate and 2 lane rural highways. This thing rides great and is very stable. The overall ride quality is excellent with virtually no side to side rock over rough roads. Would it be the same without them…beats me but I wouldn’t be without them. There really isn’t a negative to adding other than the cost and maybe long term repair.
Old 06-06-2024, 03:40 PM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 238 Posts

I just spec'd my S with RAS but not PDDC. RAS i got for parking. With or without PDDC it's still a minivan Cayenne and a heavy street car. If you are not on the track with it I wouldn't bother. If you are going to track it that is funny.
Old 06-06-2024, 05:11 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Well here's a little different opinion. It might depend on your driving style...how aggressive you drive. Around town the RAS is nice and has even more movement now. I don't care for the feeling driving aggressively in curves. RAS gives a feeling like the rear is "washing" out. It works better but I never could get used to the feeling. Parking and turning sharper don't make enough difference to me.
I ordered PDCC again but skipped the RAS. My SA said that he has 2 other clients that say the same thing. I drive agressively so love the PDCC.
The following users liked this post:
Orca911 (06-06-2024)
Old 06-06-2024, 05:24 PM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron.s
Well here's a little different opinion. It might depend on your driving style...how aggressive you drive. Around town the RAS is nice and has even more movement now. I don't care for the feeling driving aggressively in curves. RAS gives a feeling like the rear is "washing" out. It works better but I never could get used to the feeling. Parking and turning sharper don't make enough difference to me.
I ordered PDCC again but skipped the RAS. My SA said that he has 2 other clients that say the same thing. I drive agressively so love the PDCC.
I don't disagree with your take at all. I think RAS is kinda weird when you are trying to dial in / learn slip angle on the track. We are all lucky to be having these options (in all senses of the word)!
Old 06-06-2024, 07:10 PM
johnstoy
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

My opinion is to get both. I've gone from neither way back in 2008 on my 957, to PDCC on my 2013 turbo to both on my 2024 TGT - acknowledging that I ordered neither on my 911 (wanted it a bit more raw).
PDCC on the Cayenne isn't just for cornering or at a track (who really tracks these - except as an experiment?) but it also improves the ride when you are going in a straight (or straight-ish) line: allows each side to comply over bumps individually more easily than with a regular sway-bar. You get the best of both worlds: level/tight cornering and a smooth ride. Is it night and day better? Probably not, but I appreciate it.
RAS took some getting used to but I have adapted and would get it again.

Like I said: just my opinions. See if you can find some used examples to test drive and see what you think.
Old 06-06-2024, 10:54 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 425 Posts

One more opinion, I haven't adapted to RAS after a while in a 23 GTS. When aggressively turning it feels like it is unnaturally tucking its butt in, turning the car sharper than expected. It's amazing what it can do on track (was blown away on the ring) but spirited driving on the street just feels off. PDCC for sure.

Quick Reply: 2025 Cayenne GTS/PDCC+RAS question