Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2025+ GTS orders

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2024, 11:06 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

Is there anything new on the EPA timeline? Last I remember it was going to be late October. I keep hoping things will move faster....
Old 10-01-2024, 11:27 PM
abjb993
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe this week for the EPA to release us, they are working doing the strike.
Old 10-02-2024, 02:54 AM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by abjb993
Our GTS's will be ship when the EPA is cleared them I have talked to the trucking company's they are picking up cars from the VW Group site now.
I was wondering on that, if it’s at the port will it get released vs coming in on a boat and getting held up at the disembarking point
Old 10-02-2024, 03:00 AM
Buckett76
Rennlist Member

Received 186 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by denaliman
How durable is the racetech seat fabric, steering wheel and armrest? I really like full leather personally but those seats look nice. My wife had Alcantara seat inserts in her Audi and they didn’t wear well. Working on a spec for a coupe with the bordeaux red leather may change my mind. Any feedback appreciated.
I think racetek is pretty durable but needs more care than leather. I like it on my spyder and I think on a weekend car it’s great and you can maintain it easily due to the low miles and careful attention to detail (ie not jumping in the car with full sunscreen applied). For a daily it’s harder to manage, especially if you’ll drive with spouse and kids, lots of times you embark many sweaty and lotioned up passenger's so it becomes harder to manage as you’ll want to clean it all up in real time.
Old 10-02-2024, 07:41 AM
abjb993
Rennlist Member

Yes they will release it from the port, when Porsche release it to the truck driver that's when Porsche takes the money out of your Porsche dealer account, So Porsche knows its a lot $$$$ just setting in the Ports now lol

they will not unload the boats with the strike going on
Old 10-02-2024, 07:47 AM
abjb993
Rennlist Member

What's the name of the Port your GTS is setting on ? I am at Baltimore
Old 10-02-2024, 08:58 AM
Hunky
Pro

Received 303 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckett76
I think racetek is pretty durable but needs more care than leather. I like it on my spyder and I think on a weekend car it’s great and you can maintain it easily due to the low miles and careful attention to detail (ie not jumping in the car with full sunscreen applied). For a daily it’s harder to manage, especially if you’ll drive with spouse and kids, lots of times you embark many sweaty and lotioned up passenger's so it becomes harder to manage as you’ll want to clean it all up in real time.
Alcantara like products are 100% synthetic and well known to be extremely durable requiring very minimal if any care. Wipe it off with a wet rag is all it needs and maybe a small amout of cleaner if if you eat or drink in the vehicle and make a mess. "Racetek" looks very much like a suede leather material but the similarities end there. Suede would be an absolute disaster on a steering wheel or armrest.

Last edited by Hunky; 10-02-2024 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-02-2024, 09:30 AM
Ron.s
Pro

Originally Posted by Hunky
Alcantara like products are 100% synthetic and well known to be extremely durable requiring very minimal if any care. Wipe it off with a wet rag is all it needs and maybe a small amout of cleaner if if you eat or drink in the vehicle and make a mess. "Racetek" looks very much like a suede leather material but the similarities end there. Suede would be an absolute disaster on a steering wheel or armrest.
+1
I didn't like synthetic on the steering wheel. It increases the diameter slightly and there just wasn't a normal feel to it. A gal with hand cream on her palms would not be ideal for either surface.
Very nice to have synthetic on seating urface...temp neutral, comfortable, very durable. My daughter spilled a Carmel drink that wiped off with just a few napkins and a damp cloth.
The following users liked this post:
MAXFPS (10-03-2024)
Old 10-02-2024, 11:24 AM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron.s
It increases the diameter slightly
this part isn’t true the leather wheels are larger due to the thickness of the leather as a material vs the racetex. i measured all of them using calipers because i wanted to know if it was larger or was just an optical illusion.
turned out it was smaller to my surprise.
Old 10-02-2024, 11:32 AM
getto822000
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 96 Posts

I tried a lot of leather options in my build and have owned a couple of Cayennes in the past but never a GTS one. So for me I went with racetex to match my 3RS interior. I really like the feel of the racetex on the steering wheel. It does clean up pretty well, but can be a little easy to puncture with something sharp. It should help that the seat cushions have more of a pattern on them I think. My old 2RS had a couple of tiny nicks in the seat bottoms from snagging on metal or something. Not sure how it happened.

My build is pretty spartan but has all the performance options.

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PSTEXT53

Last edited by getto822000; 10-02-2024 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2024, 02:03 PM
cayennegtsmax
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by getto822000
I tried a lot of leather options in my build and have owned a couple of Cayennes in the past but never a GTS one. So for me I went with racetex to match my 3RS interior. I really like the feel of the racetex on the steering wheel. It does clean up pretty well, but can be a little easy to puncture with something sharp. It should help that the seat cushions have more of a pattern on them I think. My old 2RS had a couple of tiny nicks in the seat bottoms from snagging on metal or something. Not sure how it happened.

My build is pretty spartan but has all the performance options.

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-...dFrom=PSTEXT53
Looks SICK!
Old 10-02-2024, 09:09 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
this part isn’t true the leather wheels are larger due to the thickness of the leather as a material vs the racetex. i measured all of them using calipers because i wanted to know if it was larger or was just an optical illusion.
turned out it was smaller to my surprise.
I should have clarified that I was comparing a Merc AMG. The thickness was my only complaint with the S.wheel. Never hot in summer & never cold in winter...
ThomasWShea (10-02-2024)
Old 10-02-2024, 10:03 PM
denaliman
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For those with heated windshield and thermally and acoustically insulated glass option do they cause any issues with cell reception, dashcam with motion sensor or radar detectors? How effective is the acoustic glass with blocking out road noise and is there a noticeable difference compared to standard glass? I will be tinting the glass so not sure if this is even worth the premium . I live in Canada so snow, sleet and ice are a fact of life. Vehicle will be garage parked but used as my daily.
Old 10-03-2024, 12:32 PM
TRenz
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

SA stated today that the Porsche dealer system is showing "Port Handling Administrative Hold" until 28-Oct-2024 for the GTS. This is the same info others have reported.
Old 10-03-2024, 12:50 PM
TRenz
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Amethyst Ace completed its journey from Tuxpan, MX to Freeport, TX this morning (10/3/2024). It is tentatively scheduled to go to the east coast next. It will be interesting to see which port is next.

I found a local TX newspaper article that states: "The strike by members of the International Longshoremen’s Union won’t have any impact on Port Freeport’s regular operations because the local port is under a different contract."

Automotive News states: "FREEPORT, Texas — Volkswagen Group of America is already feeling the impact of a port strike on the East and Gulf coasts but said it has flexibility to divert vessels to two other U.S. shipping hubs that remain open."

Vintage72 (10-03-2024)

Quick Reply: 2025+ GTS orders