Sponsored By:

2024 Homelink in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 05:28 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

Received 470 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahrfun
I took delivery in early October and have okayed every OTA update since. Did not notice any new glitches or problems. On the contrary, it fixed two annoying issues for me over time: 1) when I got the car - screen would confirm when I turned steering wheel heater ON, but not when I turned OFF. That was resolved a few months ago 2) recently - the virtual homelink usage in reverse. I do recall having some dashes for certain engine temp/press displays very early on but that seems to be gone as I can’t find those dashes any longer (or just don’t recall where they took place)… I.e. all the instruments now seem to behave as they should.
If you set the right tube to vehicle, on start oil pressure is almost always dashes, and voltage is sometimes dashes as well. if i scroll up once to the music display in the tube, then back down, the values appear:

Old 05-14-2024, 05:55 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Received 172 Likes on 102 Posts

Thanks for the location. Just checked it and yes, it is the one I thought that got fixed in my vehicle. Here is what it shows before even starting the engine:

The following users liked this post:
ThomasWShea (05-14-2024)
Old 05-14-2024, 06:10 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

@Fahrfun thanks...i suppose i should consider accepting the OTA update now...
Old 05-14-2024, 06:18 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

I hope new updates include previous updates/fixes. If not, when the first service time comes around, that would be a good opportunity to ask service to bring everything up to date.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:24 PM
ThomasWShea
Three Wheelin'

I am sure someone here may know if the updates cumulative. i can't imagine them not being cumulative, that would be quite a thing to manage. people being able to pick the updates they want? every cayenne could be different. nightmare.
Old 05-26-2024, 06:31 PM
jtorrebl
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by SJJ28
mine works…while in reverse and while moving… occasionally ill have to push it 2x but most of the time it works fine
no updates are pending but our 2024 homelink button doesn't do anything while reversing still. Even with long or multiple presses.

Last edited by jtorrebl; 05-26-2024 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-04-2024, 09:42 AM
ambitin
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 42 Posts

I don't know if Porsche ever released new software to fix this, but I was able to get the on-screen homelink button to work while in reverse. Because enough people were saying "it works fine", I figured it was something specific to how I had configured homelink. When I setup homelink, I added both of my garage doors even though I really only needed one of them for day-to-day use. I started to think that maybe the geniuses that coded up the button behavior hadn't considered someone having two garage doors and thus didn't know what to do when you pressed the lone on-screen button that is presented when in reverse. I deleted the second garage door and indeed, the homelink button on the bottom right corner of the screen immediately started working in reverse. Sigh.
The following 2 users liked this post by ambitin:
Fahrfun (07-04-2024), Schnave (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 02:14 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Originally Posted by ambitin
I started to think that maybe the geniuses that coded up the button behavior hadn't considered someone having two garage doors and thus didn't know what to do when you pressed the lone on-screen button that is presented when in reverse. I deleted the second garage door and indeed, the homelink button on the bottom right corner of the screen immediately started working in reverse.
Yay. Thank you for confirming and testing it out. I speculated that in post #41, third paragraph, but didn’t feel like pursuing it. I only ever programmed just one remote since the beginning, but my homelink button on the lower right corner of the reverse camera screen never even showed up because I didn’t register a gps location with it.

Last edited by Fahrfun; 07-04-2024 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-04-2024, 02:21 PM
jtorrebl
Racer

Originally Posted by ambitin
I don't know if Porsche ever released new software to fix this, but I was able to get the on-screen homelink button to work while in reverse. Because enough people were saying "it works fine", I figured it was something specific to how I had configured homelink. When I setup homelink, I added both of my garage doors even though I really only needed one of them for day-to-day use. I started to think that maybe the geniuses that coded up the button behavior hadn't considered someone having two garage doors and thus didn't know what to do when you pressed the lone on-screen button that is presented when in reverse. I deleted the second garage door and indeed, the homelink button on the bottom right corner of the screen immediately started working in reverse. Sigh.
Interesting. Let’s get this info to Porsche so they can fix it. I still need 2 garage door openers. We have a community entrance gate
The following 2 users liked this post by jtorrebl:
ambitin (07-04-2024), Fahrfun (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 02:30 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Originally Posted by jtorrebl
Interesting. Let’s get this info to Porsche so they can fix it. I still need 2 garage door openers. We have a community entrance gate
You’re right. The program should at minimum allow the user to assign a primary remote with its gps location so that it will pop up.

Thinking of it… have you tried programming one remote WITH a gps location assigned, and the other(s) WITHOUT? Curious if that’s where their programming logic currently sits.
The following users liked this post:
ambitin (07-04-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Received 580 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by jtorrebl
Is your community entrance gate compatible with HomeLink? Most community and commercial gates aren't HomeLink due to security concerns and the HomeLink limitation on maximum number of remotes. Organizations need to be able to "delete" a gate opener remote when a user should no longer have access. LOL, I remember when a person's gate remote was deleted from the gate system early on the day his apartment lease expired before he had fully moved out or turned in the remote.

Last edited by Woofman; 07-04-2024 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-26-2024, 02:49 PM
jtorrebl
Racer

Delete
Old 08-14-2024, 05:53 AM
jtorrebl
Racer

Originally Posted by Fahrfun
You’re right. The program should at minimum allow the user to assign a primary remote with its gps location so that it will pop up.

Thinking of it… have you tried programming one remote WITH a gps location assigned, and the other(s) WITHOUT? Curious if that’s where their programming logic currently sits.
Good idea. let me try to reprogram it to do GPS only on garage opener. I need to do this since the OTA update still never arrived.
Old 08-15-2024, 11:40 AM
On_Your_Left
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

anyone know if the 2025s are shipping with mirror physical buttons or not?
Old 08-15-2024, 11:57 AM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Originally Posted by On_Your_Left
anyone know if the 2025s are shipping with mirror physical buttons or not?

^^^ from the current US Cayenne build configurator (ignore 992.2 only reference; typical oversight)

Quick Reply: 2024 Homelink in reverse