Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2024 Homelink in reverse

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 03:00 PM
jtorrebl
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

My dealer looked into retrofitting the mirror with the physical buttons, but couldn’t find a solution. He said not possible. I didn’t ask him the details. Next time
Old 04-28-2024, 04:22 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

My 2024 Cayenne S delivered in late summer 2023 has the home link button on PCM screen when in reverse…

bottom right corner..

works well!
The following users liked this post:
MaxLTV (04-28-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 05:57 PM
kwrudy123
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's strange, As I have a 2024 Cayenne S Coupe' and the Homelink controls are on the rearview mirror, with the distinct buttons for 3 different doors/gates. I agree with the issue you described as that is what I was frustrated by with my prior 2 Porsches, a Taycan GTS and a 911 with the newer PCM. It was a mistake for Porsche to incorporate Homelink into the PCM for the very reasons you described. But I believe they rectified that with the 2024 Cayenne by placing the controls on the mirror.
Old 04-28-2024, 07:42 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,164 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by SJJ28
My 2024 Cayenne S delivered in late summer 2023 has the home link button on PCM screen when in reverse…

bottom right corner..

works well!
Same on my 2024 911. I'd be very surprised if there is no such button on all new Cayennes.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:11 PM
ambitin
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Same on my 2024 911. I'd be very surprised if there is no such button on all new Cayennes.
Oh, I have the button. But it does nothing. Note, I have two garage doors programmed so a single button would be ambiguous anyway.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:13 PM
ambitin
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Larson E. Rapp
Realistically they can't suspend production over something like this. You might lose your mind, but they'd lose their company.
Sorry, I completely disagree with your logic. Of course they should listen and improve their product. But when they make a bonehead mistake, fess up and make it right for the small number of owners that you left for dead.
Old 04-28-2024, 08:42 PM
jtorrebl
Instructor

Originally Posted by SJJ28

bottom right corner..

works well!
yes my 2024 has this same screen and button but you can’t press it while your backing up. Pressing it does nothing until you’re done backing up and close the rear view camera mode. Newer 2024 cars that the homelink in the rear view mirror but a few early production cars like ours has this virtual button.
The following users liked this post:
ambitin (04-28-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 08:57 PM
Sammersam
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 67 Posts

Mine has the same issue because it was one of the earlier production cars. I really think Porsche should replace the rear view mirror with the one that has the Home Link button and reprogram the software. It was an obvious mistake and they should make it right.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sammersam:
ambitin (04-28-2024), Fahrfun (04-29-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 10:35 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 195 Posts

….
Old 04-28-2024, 11:00 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jtorrebl
yes my 2024 has this same screen and button but you can’t press it while your backing up. Pressing it does nothing until you’re done backing up and close the rear view camera mode. Newer 2024 cars that the homelink in the rear view mirror but a few early production cars like ours has this virtual button.
mine works…while in reverse and while moving… occasionally ill have to push it 2x but most of the time it works fine
Old 05-13-2024, 09:19 PM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 93 Posts
Default PCM Reverse Homelink Fixed?

Thanks @Ambitin for post #25 hinting about a software update. I don’t know if or when an OTA update took place, but I came back from a two week vacation, read the post and thought I’d take a look. Sure enough, the virtual opener button stays lit on the side lower corner of the screen while the reverse & 360 cameras are active AND I can now close the garage while backing out in reverse.

Important Notes:
1. The gps location has to be programmed. Without it, the homelink icon does not show up. Tried it both ways three times to confirm. Also, I programmed the gps location inside the garage so that it shows up right from the start. Upon returning, when pulling up to the house, the opener screen still pops up before reaching the curbside, even though the gps was programmed at the spot indoors.
2. Just like a garage remote clicker, it works best to hold the virtual button on the screen a second or two till the signal has been properly received. If I just tap it, it doesn’t work for me.

Note that I only have one profile programmed. Don’t know how this behaves with multiple ones.

For now I’m satisfied enough not to need to gripe about it anymore, especially given how awesome most of everything else is about this SUV.
Old 05-13-2024, 10:20 PM
jtorrebl
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fahrfun
Thanks @Ambitin for post #25 hinting about a software update. I don’t know if or when an OTA update took place, but I came back from a two week vacation, read the post and thought I’d take a look. Sure enough, the virtual opener button stays lit on the side lower corner of the screen while the reverse & 360 cameras are active AND I can now close the garage while backing out in reverse.

Important Notes:
1. The gps location has to be programmed. Without it, the homelink icon does not show up. Tried it both ways three times to confirm. Also, I programmed the gps location inside the garage so that it shows up right from the start. Upon returning, when pulling up to the house, the opener screen still pops up before reaching the curbside, even though the gps was programmed at the spot indoors.
2. Just like a garage remote clicker, it works best to hold the virtual button on the screen a second or two till the signal has been properly received. If I just tap it, it doesn’t work for me.

Note that I only have one profile programmed. Don’t know how this behaves with multiple ones.

For now I’m satisfied enough not to need to gripe about it anymore, especially given how awesome most of everything else is about this SUV.
Is there a place in the menu to see if there is an OTA update pending or recently done?
Old 05-14-2024, 01:23 AM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Originally Posted by jtorrebl
Is there a place in the menu to see if there is an OTA update pending or recently done?
One place where I have seen pending updates is in the “notification” app on the home screen. Lately I’ve received several OTA updates under the heading PCM “infotainment”. Don’t know what was bundled in there. Below is my current software status:

Old 05-14-2024, 03:57 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 314 Likes on 233 Posts

I have had 2024 since Nov. I see notifications/update messages all the time. I have never updated anything because my concern is that the car will end up with some other flaw. I am fine w the flaws it has currently. Oil pressure and voltage show as dashes. You have to change the view then change it back and it is okay.

does anyone know if there are detailed release notes for each update? and it would be nice to talk to people that have gone to a newer version and tested things out before making the leap. I am just not very trusting of automotive industry software updates.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:35 AM
Fahrfun
Instructor

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
…and it would be nice to talk to people that have gone to a newer version and tested things out before making the leap.
I took delivery in early October and have okayed every OTA update since. Did not notice any new glitches or problems. On the contrary, it fixed two annoying issues for me over time: 1) when I got the car - screen would confirm when I turned steering wheel heater ON, but not when I turned OFF. That was resolved a few months ago 2) recently - the virtual homelink usage in reverse. I do recall having some dashes for certain engine temp/press displays very early on but that seems to be gone as I can’t find those dashes any longer (or just don’t recall where they took place)… I.e. all the instruments now seem to behave as they should.

Last edited by Fahrfun; 05-14-2024 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply: 2024 Homelink in reverse