Sponsored By:

24 Cayenne stop sale

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 03:53 PM
bobblehead
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by DES GTS
Can anyone report on Canadian deliveries out of Halifax? Looks like the 2024 Cayennes are now moving out of U.S. ports quickly - is the same happening from Halfax?
got an email thru porsche tracking app that my cayenne s will be on rail this week (week of Sep 4) …. Destined for Toronto. It was originally landed in Halifax on July 10. So, nearly 2 months sitting there

Last edited by bobblehead; 09-03-2023 at 03:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
DES GTS (09-03-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 04:23 PM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts

Just checked the app. Could be up to 3 months from arrival in Halifax to actual delivery. Hope they are being ultra-conservative on timing.

Last edited by DES GTS; 09-03-2023 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-03-2023, 06:45 PM
bobblehead
Racer

^ looks about right.

yours landed 7 days after mine and is scheduled to be on rails 1 week or 2 after.

It seems to be first land, first on rails

Last edited by bobblehead; 09-03-2023 at 09:32 PM.
DES GTS (09-03-2023)
Old 09-03-2023, 10:54 PM
bobblehead
Racer

Just a follow up on my earlier post today.

from an updated email and Porsche tracking app …

my Canadian Cayenne S was put on rails yesterday (Saturday) and already on its way to Ontario. It is scheduled to arrive at my dealer in mid September. 😁
DES GTS (09-03-2023)
Old 09-04-2023, 09:28 PM
tavi
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dang! The Cayenne S’s are flying out of my dealership. Started with 12 in different stages of delivery to dealership and now down to 5 with 2 still in transit.

At stop deliver, they had 6 cars In Transit. I have been watching the VIN numbers and last week the 3 cars in the 60k + were delivered with the 3 cars with VIN’s in the low 32K still In Transit.
One of the 32K VIN was delivered sometime this weekend. Finally, an early stop sale CS was delivered from Jacksonville.

Hopefully good news for my CS with a VIN in upper 32K ordered April 8th will be delivered sooner than the TYD Sept 22nd.
Old 09-05-2023, 10:22 AM
9y0S
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

My tracker stopped updating once the car reached the port on 8/15 and still says it’s supposed to be en route to the dealer on 8/19. Does anyone know how to force it to update the estimate or how else to track the car? My sales guy (NJ dealer) has had no update on his end.
Old 09-05-2023, 10:43 AM
cervino13
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Released from port

My SA just emailed me saying my SC was released from the port. I ordered this end of march for a July dealer allocation. Made it to davisville on 8/9 and has sat their since. The Car is going to Long Island, he said he “expects it to reach the dealer this week”

nothing has updated yet on my app but it was good hear from him at the very least since the communication was lacking.

I’ll will keep everyone posted but hoping a 130 mile trip doesn’t take very long assuming no trucking issues:..
Old 09-05-2023, 10:45 AM
Eric11
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 36 Posts

Ports probably backed up due to the stop sale and then all the cars they had to update there before being released.

Online tracker will only update once vehicle is en route. Dealership doesn’t know until then either.
9y0S (09-05-2023)
Old 09-05-2023, 01:06 PM
Sylph
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

On train this morning.
Old 09-05-2023, 02:01 PM
sasuke
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric11
Ports probably backed up due to the stop sale and then all the cars they had to update there before being released.

Online tracker will only update once vehicle is en route. Dealership doesn’t know until then either.
Yeap mine has been sitting at port for 2+ months. I am assuming trucks have to pick up a bunch of cars first before they get to mine.
Old 09-05-2023, 02:36 PM
SR74
Intermediate

Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric11

I just spoke to my dealership in OK last week, as I'm still waiting on my TGT to come up from Houston. I was told the vehicles are being updated at the dealerships, not at port. They think mine will be transported this week, and then I'll have to wait until they can get the update done before I can take delivery.
Old 09-06-2023, 02:12 AM
tavi
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SR74
I just spoke to my dealership in OK last week, as I'm still waiting on my TGT to come up from Houston. I was told the vehicles are being updated at the dealerships, not at port. They think mine will be transported this week, and then I'll have to wait until they can get the update done before I can take delivery.
What the heck is going on for cars to be held up at the port for more than a month to not be updated? And have a slow dribble of cars stopped from delivery moving from the ports to the dealerships and still need the update meanwhile cars that got the update during build are being delivered to the dealers immediately from the port.

I posted a while back expressing my frustration at the situation to get my CS out of the port and then followed up with a post attempting to have a change of perspective to try to understand.

Completely flabbergasted at this point as to what is going on. Given the infrequent posts on this thread, I am guessing that most people posting have received some sort of notice that their cars are in transit or have taken possession of their car?

For me, all I have is crickets other than my car “should” be delivered by Sept 22nd matching my TYD.

This is incredibly infuriating and has completely taken away the excitement when the order was placed and the 5 months still waiting for delivery.

Last edited by tavi; 09-06-2023 at 02:54 AM.
Gus22 (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 03:52 AM
mxdi9i7
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tavi
What the heck is going on for cars to be held up at the port for more than a month to not be updated? And have a slow dribble of cars stopped from delivery moving from the ports to the dealerships and still need the update meanwhile cars that got the update during build are being delivered to the dealers immediately from the port.

I posted a while back expressing my frustration at the situation to get my CS out of the port and then followed up with a post attempting to have a change of perspective to try to understand.

Completely flabbergasted at this point as to what is going on. Given the infrequent posts on this thread, I am guessing that most people posting have received some sort of notice that their cars are in transit or have taken possession of their car?

For me, all I have is crickets other than my car “should” be delivered by Sept 22nd matching my TYD.

This is incredibly infuriating and has completely taken away the excitement when the order was placed and the 5 months still waiting for delivery.

I feel ur frustration, it’s a complete logistic **** show where loyal customers who ordered custom build cars months in advance watch casual shopper drive shiny new stock cars off the lot throughout August while being literally the last in line to get the cars.

I love Porsche but I hope it gets punished somehow for creating this situation.
tavi (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 03:55 AM
mxdi9i7
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

For context, my FRIEND’S MOM just literally walked into a Long Island dealer and drove away a perfectly specced cayenne S yesterday. She wasn’t even shopping for a cayenne!

Where I’ve put down 14k deposit money since April and still unable to take delivery for almost 2 months.
tavi (09-06-2023)
Old 09-06-2023, 06:39 AM
Maxtimeoff
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tavi

Cayenne S - no rear climate or surround camera because they said it would delay production! (I originally had both on my build)
7 days to build, expecting 5-1/2 months to delivery. My SA informed me my car was released from the port last week. The MyPorsche app still shows it at the port. Quite a show!

Order Confirmed 4/5/23
Freeze Point 5/8/23
Manf. process started 6/7/23
Manufacturing process complete 6/14/23
Arrived at German Port 6/21/23
Left German Port 6/26/23
Arrived Local Entry port (Houston) 7/24/23
Delivery PECLA (We’ll see!) 9/20/23

Last edited by Maxtimeoff; 09-06-2023 at 06:41 AM.

Quick Reply: 24 Cayenne stop sale