silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 464 Posts
Default Help to finalise my MY24 E-Hybrid Build: 3 Final Options

Code: PRMDTMU8
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRMDTMU8

1. Decorative stitching in contrasting colour:
The description states:
Interior trim package with decorative stiching in contrasting colour: Dashboard upper section, steering wheel rim, doors in front and rear incl. armrest and centre console armrest in front, seats front and rear.

I am trying to avoid this since I am going with Barrique red which states that it includes: The upper dashboard as well as the door waist front and rear are fitted with a cross stitching.

So the questions:
a) What is cross stitching in the barrique red? Is it black or barrique red?

b) I would really like the black dashboard upper section to have barrique red stitching. Do I need the Interior trim package with decorative stiching or does the barrique red interior cross stcihing cover this?

c) If I go with the option of the Interior trim package with decorative stiching in contrasting colour: barrique red - :
i) This is fine for Dashboard upper section, steering wheel rim since I will get barrique red stiching on the black leather items
ii) What happens though with the doors in front and rear incl. armrest and centre console armrest in front, seats front and rear which are already barrique red? Is the stitching black or barrique red?

I am sorry for the many and silly questions on this subject but for me it is not clear what I am getting with either options and I really need to understand this.

2. GT Sports steering wheel including steering wheel heating
I am worrying that the smaller size of this wheel will hide even more the instruments panel. Is there any real reason to get this since aesthetics are similar and the increase in width and smaller size will not make a huge driving difference in an SUV.

3. Roof lining in Race-Tex
I have only seen this in an old Cayenne Turbo S and it really made the interior much nicer BUT that car did not have the panoramic roof so there was much more area covered in race-tex. Do you think it makes a substantial difference in a car with panoramic roof?

There are the main 3 items concerning me to finalise. I am pretty decided on the other options - I think
Old 05-15-2023, 10:00 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

1. It looks like the cross stitching is black according to the pics here: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/pres...-White-Me.html

2. My opinion about steering wheel size depends on how much time this vehicle will spend on the track or auto cross course.

3. My hybrid will be a coupe with a pano roof, so I didn’t give this any thought. However, I’ve seen some posts that say it’s a good option to have.
Old 05-15-2023, 11:40 AM
pinion
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by silversurfer6
3. Roof lining in Race-Tex
I have only seen this in an old Cayenne Turbo S and it really made the interior much nicer BUT that car did not have the panoramic roof so there was much more area covered in race-tex.
My GTS has this and the glass roof ... of the few passengers that I have had inside they have all commented on how nice the Race-Text looks on the headliner... It extends down the A/B pillars and adds an overall premium feel to the cabin which makes it a nicer place to be. My wife was actually not sure she wanted it when we sat in the back of a Turbo S with the carbon roof... But paired with the glass roof it is excellent and she is very happy it was included.
Old 05-15-2023, 11:46 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

With the stitching, I'd ask your dealer. With the new model changeover, I'm not 100% sure what comes where. Won't really know until cars start showing up, unfortunately. Have your dealer reach out to Porsche to confirm what stitching is where and what it looks like. That way, you won't be surprised and if something is not matching, you might have some rescourse.

Green calipers...personal preference for sure, but not sure why you'd intentially spec these. I was so glad to be able to get rid of them.

Power steering plus...I wouldn't spec it, TBH. On our '23 it comes included in the package and the low speed steering is ridiculously light. Plus, I'm pretty sure you can buy it later if you don't like the steering. Is it required in conjunction with the air suspension?

Mobile Charger Connect - don't waste your money. Porsche's EVSE is huge and kludgy. Since it doesn't include an upgrade to the actual charger (which lives in the car and has nothing to do with what you plug into the car) I'd use the basic one that comes with the car.
Old 05-15-2023, 01:31 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
1. It looks like the cross stitching is black according to the pics here: https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/pres...-White-Me.html

2. My opinion about steering wheel size depends on how much time this vehicle will spend on the track or auto cross course.

3. My hybrid will be a coupe with a pano roof, so I didn’t give this any thought. However, I’ve seen some posts that say it’s a good option to have.
1. Thank you. It seems I might need the barrique red deviated stitching but I am not sure what will happen on the stitching on the armrest and centre console armrest in front, seats front and rear which are already barrique red leather. The stitching will be barrique red since this is what I am choosing on the deviated stitching or will it be black - as it should ?

2. Only family city driving and small road trips. I was wondering if I get any more functions or any extra stitching but it seems it is just smaller size and thicker?
Old 05-15-2023, 01:33 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pinion
My GTS has this and the glass roof ... of the few passengers that I have had inside they have all commented on how nice the Race-Text looks on the headliner... It extends down the A/B pillars and adds an overall premium feel to the cabin which makes it a nicer place to be. My wife was actually not sure she wanted it when we sat in the back of a Turbo S with the carbon roof... But paired with the glass roof it is excellent and she is very happy it was included.
Exactly how i felt in the previous gen turbo s. I did not expect to like it so much or this material to offer an even more premium feeling to the cabin.
Old 05-15-2023, 01:36 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

1. Thank you. It seems I might need the barrique red deviated stitching but I am not sure what will happen on the stitching on the armrest and centre console armrest in front, seats front and rear which are already barrique red leather. The stitching will be barrique red since this is what I am choosing on the deviated stitching or will it be black - as it should ?

2. Only family city driving and small road trips. I was wondering if I get any more functions or any extra stitching but it seems it is just smaller size and thicker?
Take some time to look through all the pics and videos on that website - you might see a better example that'll answer your question. Or, just take Needsdecaf's advice and ask your dealer. He is there primarily to answer such questions.
Old 05-15-2023, 01:36 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
With the stitching, I'd ask your dealer. With the new model changeover, I'm not 100% sure what comes where. Won't really know until cars start showing up, unfortunately. Have your dealer reach out to Porsche to confirm what stitching is where and what it looks like. That way, you won't be surprised and if something is not matching, you might have some rescourse.

Green calipers...personal preference for sure, but not sure why you'd intentially spec these. I was so glad to be able to get rid of them.

Power steering plus...I wouldn't spec it, TBH. On our '23 it comes included in the package and the low speed steering is ridiculously light. Plus, I'm pretty sure you can buy it later if you don't like the steering. Is it required in conjunction with the air suspension?

Mobile Charger Connect - don't waste your money. Porsche's EVSE is huge and kludgy. Since it doesn't include an upgrade to the actual charger (which lives in the car and has nothing to do with what you plug into the car) I'd use the basic one that comes with the car.
My main problem is the stitching and I am almost sure no dealer can help unless they ask Germany. Is there an email I can send to the factory that I might get an answer?

Green calipers - Yes still thinking about it. I would prefer red to be honest.

Power steering plus - I have it on my 2020 Base but to be honest I have not given it much thought for the price

Mobile Charger Connect - agreed. That section I will review with my dealer again on what is relevant here but thank you for the advice - I will take it off.
The following users liked this post:
Needsdecaf (05-15-2023)
Old 05-15-2023, 01:40 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Take some time to look through all the pics and videos on that website - you might see a better example that'll answer your question. Or, just take Needsdecaf's advice and ask your dealer. He is there primarily to answer such questions.
Tried to do so with the pics and video and it seems cross stitching in bariqque red leather is black. So i need the deviated stitching in barrique red at 3.5k But the big question is what stitching the bariqque red leather parts get with the deviated stitching in bariqque red ?

I will try with the dealer of course.
Old 05-15-2023, 05:22 PM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

...So i need the deviated stitching in barrique red at 3.5k ...
Let us know if you need the rest of us to send a letter indicating our agreement to your wife or girlfriend or both!
Old 05-15-2023, 06:02 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Let us know if you need the rest of us to send a letter indicating our agreement to your wife or girlfriend or both!
It is surely not an option to share with anybody else outside this forum
Old 05-16-2023, 02:53 PM
silversurfer6
Rennlist Member

Anybody knows more on this stitching options?

I have sent an email to my dealer and I hope I will have an answer soon.

Quick Reply: Help to finalise my MY24 E-Hybrid Build: 3 Final Options