Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Help me decide..Turbo model

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2023, 05:12 PM
othertbone
Pro

Received 322 Likes on 211 Posts

Are you ever going to take a corner so fast in an SUV that you would need PDCC?

Old 05-14-2023, 07:54 PM
pinion
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by othertbone
Given mine showed PDDC working turning into a parking lot at 15 mph, yes… yes I will be taking corners fast enough to make use of it.
The following 2 users liked this post by pinion:
blackpearl2015 (05-15-2023), Turrrbo (05-15-2023)
Old 05-14-2023, 09:39 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,762 Likes on 692 Posts

It changes the feel of the car in corners at all speeds…car just feels flat compared to typical body roll. It won’t help you take most corners faster although it would make for faster slalom times given less body role. I’ll use the Cayenne for winter tours with lots of spirited driving keeping up with fast Porsches and it provides a much better experience for my car sick prone kid 🤢

The following users liked this post:
blackpearl2015 (05-15-2023)
Old 05-14-2023, 10:14 PM
Bozfour
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by blackpearl2015
Hi,

I have decided to upgrade my current Turbo model to a new Turbo model. Honestly, I thought about waiting till the refresh but decided against it as I actually like the mixture of analog and digital in the current version as well as the gear shifter near the console. With that said, which option would you pick (one is more performance based versus the other is maybe more looks based).

Option A: Chalk
Premium package, assistance package, real axle, sport chrono, sport exhaust, PDCC, PTV+, sport design package in high gloss black, 21 inch turbo wheels, soft close doors, trailer hitch, power sunblind rear windows, fuel cap, door sill guards in dark silver, logo satin black & model designation in high gloss black

Option B: Carrara White (slightly more $$)
Premium package, assistance package, real axle, sport chrono, sport exhaust, sport design package, 22 inch sport classic wheels, rear comfort seats, power sunblind rear window, trailer hitch, logo satin black & model designation in high gloss black, upper wing in high gloss black, deviated stitching interior package (chalk), central tachometer in white, clear led taillights, Porsche crest on Headrests, ionizer, under door paddle lights

Which would you pick? Leaning towards option A as think the extra performance features may be the better route but would I even notice not having PDCC and PTV+? Current Cayenne Turbo doesn’t have them. Both cars are very close in price.

Thanks!
I’m late but option A.

also PDCC is a must have. I’ve had them with and without. Much prefer with. Same for RAS.
Old 05-15-2023, 12:02 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Its a convenience really. Not a need. I have SUV with and without an electronic sway bar. id rather be with one.
I do not intentionally go to a street corner more than 60 mph expecting the PDCC will not make the SUV sway the other direction. But when you are cruising the highway 70-80 mph which is what is usual at the interstate, a curve is coming, when you reach the start on the curve and you turn your steering wheel to the direction you are going, if you forgot you have pdcc, you lean toward the directed you are going, you notice there is no body roll of the SUV. Its like magic!!! Then you realize you just basically sit and enjoy the drive.

There are only a few brands who provide it, BMW, porsche and RR as far as I know. Not sure about mercedes but it definitely needs one on their GLE. I used a Turo GLE and I got dizzy with it. I Like the looks but BMW is better in suspension.

Have not driven a car with one, not sure if you need it in a car. SUV yes.

Last edited by thxbuff2001; 05-15-2023 at 12:05 AM.
Old 05-15-2023, 11:39 AM
Silververtu
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 175 Posts

Did test drive Cayenne Turbo with and without PDCC on the same route on hwy and some twisty back hill roads. According to my wife, the one with PDCC has less motion sickness (she loves to stare at the phone when in the car) and that's the one we bought. Of course she's literally blind testing as she didn't know what options both cars had except the one without PDCC had Burmester sound system.

Quick Reply: Help me decide..Turbo model