Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Share your MY24 build progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2024, 07:16 PM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 397 Likes on 294 Posts

wow that white interior w the darker gray really pops, i like that.
Old 07-03-2024, 01:58 PM
TiagoGutierres
5th Gear

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
wow that white interior w the darker gray really pops, i like that.
Thank you my friend.

The following 2 users liked this post by TiagoGutierres:
LDT (07-03-2024), MAXFPS (07-07-2024)
Old 07-04-2024, 08:45 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Received 792 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Patriot
SA texted my order for '24 S went v215 status today. V215 means order's been locked and PAG has confirmed that we can have everything on the order.

Order timeline:

May 4: Allocation offered and deposit placed;
May 5: Order placed and confirmed;
May 23: Change freeze point
June 13: V215
September - October: Delivery at PEC LA
Woke up this July 4th to an email that my ‘24 Cayenne S has started production, 3 days ahead of schedule. I’ve gone V260!

In honor of her birthdate, I shall call my Algarve Blue beast “Independence.”

Last edited by Patriot; 07-04-2024 at 10:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Patriot:
MAXFPS (07-07-2024), Toothmechanic (07-05-2024)
Old 07-08-2024, 10:39 PM
thearmoredking
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

After months of waiting (plus an additional month at the dealer for recalls), I finally picked her up! 24 Cayenne Turbo EH

The following 3 users liked this post by thearmoredking:
CayenneTE1510 (07-08-2024), MAXFPS (07-09-2024), mdrobc1213 (07-08-2024)
Old 07-08-2024, 10:59 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by thearmoredking
After months of waiting (plus an additional month at the dealer for recalls), I finally picked her up! 24 Cayenne Turbo EH

Nice color and options...like the contrast...bold interior choice. Love the black badges and sport design rear and front. Goes well. Enjoy and let us know your thoughts as you get used to it.
Old 07-08-2024, 11:27 PM
thearmoredking
Track Day

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Nice color and options...like the contrast...bold interior choice. Love the black badges and sport design rear and front. Goes well. Enjoy and let us know your thoughts as you get used to it.
Thank you! It's my first hybrid. Driving it was easy and quiet (insulated windows). No clunks when stopping like what I've read from other owners which i am very happy about. The only thing that took a second to get used to was the brakes (non-carbon ceramic) but after a bit of driving, I got used to it.

A few (VERY non dramatic) complaints:
1. It always starts in E-power mode, not hybrid. While its not a bad thing, it would be nice to have the hybrid system on instead of depleting the battery..
2. Unlike my previous GTS, i cant save the suspension height in E-power or Hybrid mode or the sport exhaust to be open. Seems like the only mode i can save those settings in are in Sport and Sport Plus.
3. The app didnt give me full remote access yet and I didnt have enough time to play with it before i sent it to wrap LOL

All in all, very happy purchase and ready to Smile per Mile
The following users liked this post:
mdrobc1213 (07-09-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 12:20 PM
MAXFPS
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Congratulations! That is one gorgeous vehicle, and you and I have very similar (excellent!) taste. I have the same white + chalk combo on my current '24, and love it so much I have the same on my own '24 Turbo E-Hybrid upgrade: PSMQQBB8 It was supposed to have started production on 7/7 but no updates yet.

I am thrilled to see this little detail of the 'air blades' in the body color as well!

Here's why: The configurer was already updated to 2025 models with Turbonite trim when I ordered my 2024. Evidently for 2025 not only do you have to pay to get high gloss black trim instead of turbonite, but they aren't doing the air blades in the sport design fascia in body color, only in black. I think it really loses some of the contrast and design of the front in black only, and makes the "mouth" look huge. So hopefully mine will look just like yours! But on the configurer, it looks like this:

If it helps one of your minor quibbles with it, the non-hybrid '24s always start in normal mode, always with start/stop active. The start/stop system is highly over-aggressive in how often/when it shuts off, so much so that 4/5 times just pulling into a parking space the engine will shut off while you're still rolling 2/3rds of the way into the spot, and you have to tap the gas and wait a 1/2 second for the engine to restart just to roll the last 2 feet into the spot. I'm looking forward to the hybrid solving that issue where you'll be able to park in E-power when the engine cuts out. Yes, a very minor quibble with an otherwise near-prefect vehicle. Hope you love yours!

And enjoy those fully-functional HD-Matrix headlights which the US evidently thinks is dangerous tech and they disable here! :\
Old 07-09-2024, 12:24 PM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Received 242 Likes on 145 Posts

Thank you! It's my first hybrid. Driving it was easy and quiet (insulated windows). No clunks when stopping like what I've read from other owners which i am very happy about. The only thing that took a second to get used to was the brakes (non-carbon ceramic) but after a bit of driving, I got used to it.

A few (VERY non dramatic) complaints:
1. It always starts in E-power mode, not hybrid. While its not a bad thing, it would be nice to have the hybrid system on instead of depleting the battery..
2. Unlike my previous GTS, i cant save the suspension height in E-power or Hybrid mode or the sport exhaust to be open. Seems like the only mode i can save those settings in are in Sport and Sport Plus.
3. The app didnt give me full remote access yet and I didnt have enough time to play with it before i sent it to wrap LOL

All in all, very happy purchase and ready to Smile per Mile
Having the same experience with our MY24 Turbo EH brakes. Are yours noisier in E-Power mode?
Old 07-09-2024, 06:45 PM
thearmoredking
Track Day

Originally Posted by MAXFPS
Congratulations! That is one gorgeous vehicle, and you and I have very similar (excellent!) taste. I have the same white + chalk combo on my current '24, and love it so much I have the same on my own '24 Turbo E-Hybrid upgrade: PSMQQBB8 It was supposed to have started production on 7/7 but no updates yet.

I am thrilled to see this little detail of the 'air blades' in the body color as well!

Here's why: The configurer was already updated to 2025 models with Turbonite trim when I ordered my 2024. Evidently for 2025 not only do you have to pay to get high gloss black trim instead of turbonite, but they aren't doing the air blades in the sport design fascia in body color, only in black. I think it really loses some of the contrast and design of the front in black only, and makes the "mouth" look huge. So hopefully mine will look just like yours! But on the configurer, it looks like this:

If it helps one of your minor quibbles with it, the non-hybrid '24s always start in normal mode, always with start/stop active. The start/stop system is highly over-aggressive in how often/when it shuts off, so much so that 4/5 times just pulling into a parking space the engine will shut off while you're still rolling 2/3rds of the way into the spot, and you have to tap the gas and wait a 1/2 second for the engine to restart just to roll the last 2 feet into the spot. I'm looking forward to the hybrid solving that issue where you'll be able to park in E-power when the engine cuts out. Yes, a very minor quibble with an otherwise near-prefect vehicle. Hope you love yours!

And enjoy those fully-functional HD-Matrix headlights which the US evidently thinks is dangerous tech and they disable here! :\
I noticed that too when I was playing with the confirgurator just before the car arrived. I thought I would want the turbonite trim but I am happier with the way it came out now. In my eyes it’s perfect. I was also not happy with the fact that these rims came in black after the vehicle was built, but now that I see these in person, I again am happy with my choice.

honestly I can deal with the e-power mode and put the car in Sport plus mode if I want to show off. Day after pick up, I went to NY and rented a Tesla. I can definitely say that my complaints mean nothing and I am very happy with the hybrid system on the TEH.

and speaking of the Matrix headlights, are we sure it’s fully activated in Canada? 🤔 i remember my RS6 having “laser light” activation but not full matrix.

Originally Posted by CM991
Having the same experience with our MY24 Turbo EH brakes. Are yours noisier in E-Power mode?
I haven’t noticed if the brakes are noisier really. I was driving on the highway from the dealer to home so I may have excused it for something else and not really paid attention. Let me drive it more, and I will get back to you!
MAXFPS (07-09-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 10:29 AM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

Woke up to this amazing Notification:

ETA to PEC-LA late September.
The following 3 users liked this post by Patriot:
C5 Pete (07-20-2024), durrtvegas (07-14-2024), MAXFPS (07-14-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 03:43 PM
MAXFPS
Advanced

Woke up to this amazing Notification:

ETA to PEC-LA late September.
Congrats! I'm in your rear view mirror. Are you still getting this kind of spongy 5-week range for when it will get on a boat? I assumed once production is complete they'd have a better idea of what ship and when and firm up these date ranges? Also how long did your build take? I'm thinking it won't actually take 4 weeks. OK, hoping.

Old 07-14-2024, 06:13 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

See the screenshot from myporsche.com for my timeline.
MAXFPS (07-16-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 11:13 PM
Patriot
Rennlist Member

I have 2 built in delays to delivery. First, I’m taking delivery at PEC-LA, instead of at my dealer, Porsche Greensboro (NC). Second, I’ve opted for X-PEL Premium through PEC. I’m not expecting to take delivery before end of September, which is fine with me.
LDT (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 04:25 AM
MAXFPS
Advanced

See the screenshot from myporsche.com for my timeline.
Only 8 days to build - that's encouraging!
Patriot (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 11:59 AM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 521 Likes on 377 Posts

I have 2 built in delays to delivery. First, I’m taking delivery at PEC-LA, instead of at my dealer, Porsche Greensboro (NC). Second, I’ve opted for X-PEL Premium through PEC. I’m not expecting to take delivery before end of September, which is fine with me.
Just curious as to why LA instead of ATL? But the drive home will be monumental.

Quick Reply: Share your MY24 build progress