Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Sweet! Enjoy.
The following users liked this post:
Gus22 (06-04-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 12:14 AM
LDT
Burning Brakes

Received 521 Likes on 377 Posts

@Electric Lizard Sweet ride. Enjoy it in good health.
Old 05-30-2024, 12:44 AM
ThomasWShea
Burning Brakes

Received 397 Likes on 294 Posts

@Electric Lizard fantastic looking ride! and fear not, your steering wheel is actually thicker than the gt racetex wheel. i did a post with measurements. the gt leather wheel is the same size as yours as far as how it will feel in your hand - the gt wheels only look thicker because they are smaller in dia., but the ring you grab is the same size. one of my very first impressions driving the cayenne was “gosh this is kind of a thin wheel…i should get the gt one”. i did end up getting it, and the racetex, though it’s cool w the fuzzy texture that i really like, i want to get a leather gt wheel now - because the leather is just slightly larger to grip. so i will end up w three wheels, which i realize is insane.
Old 05-30-2024, 01:27 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric Lizard
The new Lizard Mobile (base hybrid) has been delivered. Montego blue over brick red. Observations (more to come):

- it’s fun to drive even with the extra weight. PDCC may have something to do with that. That said, it’s not a 911
- braking in e-power, hybrid and sport mode is quite smooth without any rough transitions. Apart from the engine revs, I don’t notice downshifts
- the electric to ICE handoff occurs seamlessly
- the brick red interior is more brown than the photos depict
- while the pics show a lot of black plastic, you don’t really notice it when you’re inside with the doors shut
​​​​​​- the HVAC haptic panel works well
- so does the gear selector
- I got a standard (heated) steering wheel and would have preferred a fatter one
- even though I got the 14 way Comfort Seats, the bolster is bothersome when exiting. The sport seats would be a bitch for me; younger drivers might not notice
- I apparently have Active Lane Assist. I didn’t buy that
- storage space is scarce (to be charitable)

Mrs Lizard and I will hang out in SE TX for a few days and then drive it home. I will update observations and pics as warranted.

Ha! Great minds do think alike or maybe just Porsche dealers! LOL. She's a real beauty and like the way you optioned it out. Very nice! .

Picked up mine today after completed dealer prep and I agree with your observations also...engine transitions are seemless and hard to really notice if you don't watch the tach. Can get up there on direct e- power alone also as I was traveling easily and effortlessly at up to 60-70mph on my way home. Have PSE and its a bit quieter than I expected either that or the car is very well insulated (I didn't get the privacy glass). Glad I did get sport design fascia as it goes well with Quartzite Gray and also overall look of the car. Inside also glad I got full leather as the stitchin does look nice and contrast some but not too much like a lighter color...leather is okay for me as I am hard on interiors as are my dogs. PCM is familiar as we have other fairly recent P-cars in the family to include a 2022 Taycan CT4 which has the recent PCM updates. Biggest thing for me now is getting wireless CARPLAY to work with my iphone 14 (so far unsuccessfully) and just figuring out everything and how it all works. I DID get about 44 miles 91% charged from the dealer and all the way home with just 5 miles of gas/engine power used over almost 46 miles so I did regen some as I had 9 miles left also when I got home. Saw the regen in person when I ran down to zero while out with the family running to the store to PUBLIX and then after running in Sport Plus a bit regained about 4 miles of e charge. AWESOME! Ride is not as harsh as 22" wheels would be thought but am coming from an M4 coupe so maybe its baked in my butt so to speak but otherwise car drove effortlessly and handled the road well. Got the infamous HOMELINK mirror with buttons and after 3 attempts got my garage opener programmed and working. Otherwise first 8 hrs with the car...no real complaints...oh yeah got PSE and its too quiet to me...not sure what I expected but when in engine V6 mode I really do not hear much. Maybe a future fix?

Anyway here are a few more delivery pics from today!

The great unveiling!

Profile drivers side.

Sport design rear fasica

Leather interior black front

Carbon Fiber interior trim + leather interior full black

e hybrid dash

44 miles fully charged 91%

the view

Originally Posted by ranger22
Great looking car! I may pass you on the road going the other way. Picking up my TGT at PEC ATL and headed back to Texas via Nashville, Little Rock and then home.
When In ATL yes the PEC ATL will be fun...drive as much as you can on it. Its down the street from me at the Airport and I am over there often as I run out from work....hopefully without any or many detours there to PEC! LOL
The following 3 users liked this post by mdrobc1213:
DC1960 (05-30-2024), MAXFPS (08-01-2024), retom (05-30-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 07:36 AM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 368 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by ThomasWShea
@Electric Lizard fantastic looking ride! and fear not, your steering wheel is actually thicker than the gt racetex wheel. i did a post with measurements. the gt leather wheel is the same size as yours as far as how it will feel in your hand - the gt wheels only look thicker because they are smaller in dia., but the ring you grab is the same size. one of my very first impressions driving the cayenne was “gosh this is kind of a thin wheel…i should get the gt one”. i did end up getting it, and the racetex, though it’s cool w the fuzzy texture that i really like, i want to get a leather gt wheel now - because the leather is just slightly larger to grip. so i will end up w three wheels, which i realize is insane.
Why don't you just refinish one of your current wheels with extra padding? Dallas Steering Wheel is known for doing just this thing. I'm sure any legit upholstery company can do it for you.
Electric Lizard (05-30-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 07:52 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

Why don't you just refinish one of your current wheels with extra padding? Dallas Steering Wheel is known for doing just this thing. I'm sure any legit upholstery company can do it for you.
Good to know, thanks for the tip!
Old 05-30-2024, 07:59 AM
Electric Lizard
Pinecone Watchman
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 217 Posts

Also, the burgundy mode selector dial (below) doesn’t seem to match the leather interior. We’ll see what the boss says.
Old 05-30-2024, 10:38 AM
retom
Pro

Received 419 Likes on 247 Posts

I'm not sure if this can be done with a heated steering wheel. And you certainly can't do that with a capacitive steering wheel.
ThomasWShea (05-30-2024)
Old 05-30-2024, 11:40 AM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 297 Likes on 161 Posts

The new Lizard Mobile (base hybrid) has been delivered. Montego blue over brick red. Observations (more to come):

- it’s fun to drive even with the extra weight. PDCC may have something to do with that. That said, it’s not a 911
- braking in e-power, hybrid and sport mode is quite smooth without any rough transitions. Apart from the engine revs, I don’t notice downshifts
- the electric to ICE handoff occurs seamlessly
- the brick red interior is more brown than the photos depict
- while the pics show a lot of black plastic, you don’t really notice it when you’re inside with the doors shut
​​​​​​- the HVAC haptic panel works well
- so does the gear selector
- I got a standard (heated) steering wheel and would have preferred a fatter one
- even though I got the 14 way Comfort Seats, the bolster is bothersome when exiting. The sport seats would be a bitch for me; younger drivers might not notice
- I apparently have Active Lane Assist. I didn’t buy that
- storage space is scarce (to be charitable)

Mrs Lizard and I will hang out in SE TX for a few days and then drive it home. I will update observations and pics as warranted.

Congrats! Reminds me of my 2014 Macan in dark blue / red combo.
Old 06-04-2024, 10:01 PM
Guards Red Car
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Oh, The Joy !

The Long 7 month Journey was Worth the Wait !

The following 4 users liked this post by Guards Red Car:
DC1960 (06-04-2024), MAXFPS (08-01-2024), mdrobc1213 (06-04-2024), Patriot (06-05-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 10:24 PM
vpopx2
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Congrats and Enjoy !
Old 06-04-2024, 11:20 PM
michaelp
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 61 Posts

That Montego Blue + black wheel combo looks really nice. I’m slowly gravitating away from the Quartzite Grey I’ve got on order.. 😂

Thanks for sharing pics, friends.
Old 06-04-2024, 11:34 PM
vpopx2
Advanced

I have the montego blue coupe and it turns heads. Actually had a women take a picture of the car last weekend because she had never seen a color like that. I'm very happy with my choice... Got the GT wheels and Black interior. The only mistake was not ordering the black wing. It would have looked nice with all the other black trim... lesson learned.
Old 06-05-2024, 12:01 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 833 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by vpopx2
I have the montego blue coupe and it turns heads. Actually had a women take a picture of the car last weekend because she had never seen a color like that. I'm very happy with my choice... Got the GT wheels and Black interior. The only mistake was not ordering the black wing. It would have looked nice with all the other black trim... lesson learned.
Can probably order and replace it with a good shop at min expense. I MAY do that if I can find the part numbers for the CF front end trip pieces OR have them wrapped in CF to break up the gloss black a little. That is my only regret now not going with the CF trim albeit at added cost of $3-4k of HGB option for sport design package.

Next up though is to swap these out as soon as I can find Turbonite wheel caps to match. Can confirm these do NOT come with back fastners so will either reuse or buy new ones.

Turbonite hood badges!

Tubonite hood badges part number
vpopx2 (06-05-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 12:53 AM
vpopx2
Advanced

Originally Posted by mdrobc1213
Can probably order and replace it with a good shop at min expense. I MAY do that if I can find the part numbers for the CF front end trip pieces OR have them wrapped in CF to break up the gloss black a little. That is my only regret now not going with the CF trim albeit at added cost of $3-4k of HGB option for sport design package.

Next up though is to swap these out as soon as I can find Turbonite wheel caps to match. Can confirm these do NOT come with back fastners so will either reuse or buy new ones.

Turbonite hood badges!

Tubonite hood badges part number
https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...gaAvDWEALw_wcB

part number for wheel center caps. Preorder only

Quick Reply: Share your MY24 build progress