Sponsored By:

Decided not to wait for a 2024

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2023, 07:43 PM
rajatparihar
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
Thank you. Option for Sport Design is Front Fascia incl Lower trim in ext color. 2D4.
Congrats on your purchase. I have the same body kit (GTS style) in same white colour on my MY23 e-hybrid

The following users liked this post:
redyps (03-19-2023)
Old 03-19-2023, 09:13 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41
Congrats on the new car, it looks great and I love those wheels.

Kind of curious, I've only purchased 911 through Porsche dealer. As someone like yourself whose purchased a Cayenne and a 911 from Porsche, how would you grade the sales experience vs purchasing a 911? Smoother or relatively the same?
The same, excellent. I have never had a bad experience purchasing a Porsche.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:33 AM
Turrrbo
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Honestly, I don’t see the point of buying the same car of the same generation again, paying full price of a new car, knowing it will get major changes inside out in few months, with all signs indicating it is even getting better .. at least, if I am hesitant, I will wait for the official announcement to see the new features first, then take a decision based on solid facts and comparison

Congrats on your new car, but since you shared your decision and justification publicly, I hope that sharing my point of view doesn’t bother you

Last edited by Turrrbo; 03-20-2023 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-20-2023, 09:49 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by Turrrbo
Honestly, I don’t see the point of buying the same car of the same generation again, paying full price of a new car, knowing it will get major changes inside out in few months, with all signs indicating it is even getting better .. at least, if I am hesitant, I will wait for the official announcement to see the new features first, then take a decision based on solid facts and comparison

Congrats on new your new car, but since you shared your decision and justification publicly, I hope that sharing my point of view doesn’t bother you
Counterpoint:

You really love the outgoing Cayenne. A lot. But, it's older, out of warranty, and being a Porsche, you know that there are certain options you wish you hadn't skipped. You know there's a refresh coming up. What you know about the refresh: it'll cost more, have an engine with less fuel economy, and have a year or two of teething pains.

So you go with the known quantity. Porsche honed all the problems out of the 9Y0 first gen over 4 model years, so now you have something without many known issues. You get a newer car, can wait for the refresh to get it's teething problems out of the way, maybe test drive a few and then decide whether to get one or wait for the all new K-1 super luxury or all Electric Cayenne coming in a few years.

Everyone's situation is different.
The following 4 users liked this post by Needsdecaf:
ADMfighter63 (03-20-2023), chassis (03-20-2023), dalves11 (03-20-2023), redyps (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 10:01 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 571 Posts

Congrats on new your new car, but since you shared your decision and justification publicly, I hope that sharing my point of view doesn’t bother you
It depends on what kinda deal you can get on the outgoing models. I remember when the C7.5 S6/S7 where fazing out, you could get them for over 15k off MSRP. That was hard to pass up tbh.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:11 AM
shelbyking
Banned

Received 261 Likes on 147 Posts

This is absolutely the logical fact of the matter. Purchasing what is soon to be yesterdays news may eliminate any waiting period but guarantees that you will not benefit from all the upgrades and improvements. The prior generation/model is plain and simply not going to be superior to what is new and current.
Old 03-20-2023, 10:15 AM
shelbyking
Banned

Received 261 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuga
It depends on what kinda deal you can get on the outgoing models. I remember when the C7.5 S6/S7 where fazing out, you could get them for over 15k off MSRP. That was hard to pass up tbh.
I bought a 2004, C5, Z16 Corvette when the C6s were taking center stage. 54k sticker, paid 41k, nearly 25% off.
redyps (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 11:44 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Counterpoint:

You really love the outgoing Cayenne. A lot. But, it's older, out of warranty, and being a Porsche, you know that there are certain options you wish you hadn't skipped. You know there's a refresh coming up. What you know about the refresh: it'll cost more, have an engine with less fuel economy, and have a year or two of teething pains.

So you go with the known quantity. Porsche honed all the problems out of the 9Y0 first gen over 4 model years, so now you have something without many known issues. You get a newer car, can wait for the refresh to get it's teething problems out of the way, maybe test drive a few and then decide whether to get one or wait for the all new K-1 super luxury or all Electric Cayenne coming in a few years.

Everyone's situation is different.
Needsdecaf sums this up perfectly. Additionally, I bought the car at a significant discount.
chassis (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 11:47 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

I omitted from my original post that I got a great deal with the largest discount on any Porsche I have ever purchased.

Last edited by redyps; 03-20-2023 at 11:50 AM.
chassis (03-20-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 11:53 AM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shuga
And this was the swing vote, it all depends on what kinda deal you can get on the outgoing model.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:00 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shelbyking
This is absolutely the logical fact of the matter. Purchasing what is soon to be yesterdays news may eliminate any waiting period but guarantees that you will not benefit from all the upgrades and improvements. The prior generation/model is plain and simply not going to be superior to what is new and current.
I hear ya on this but by example, Porsche has shipped many cars to dealers recently that have Burmester radios that don't work because they are missing the amp.I can only imagine how long it will take to clear this backlog in conjunction with '24 orders coming in.

So, yes, we all expect improvements like many model years but some of the changes are also going to be just visual. For example, does everyone want a Taycan dash in a Cayenne, if that becomes the case? That would not be my choice. I love the tach front and center in the current model.

Last edited by redyps; 03-20-2023 at 12:03 PM.
Bearrun21 (04-15-2023)
Old 03-20-2023, 12:07 PM
mgx1020
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by redyps
Needsdecaf sums this up perfectly. Additionally, I bought the car at a significant discount.
Can you share details of the discount? I know they have good margins on these cars but I don’t think anyone has seen a discount in some time
Old 03-20-2023, 12:18 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mgx1020
Can you share details of the discount? I know they have good margins on these cars but I don’t think anyone has seen a discount in some time
Not at this time. Those who have purchased many cars, especially Porsches, understand dealer thresholds, margins, factory incentives and dealer invoices. Once armed with that information you can make an aggressive offer knowing that it will either be accepted or countered in some nominal way. If your offer is not well founded, then it will not get past first base. I can only suggest you take your best shot with the informaton you have.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:28 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 196 Posts

I am taking a 23 Cayenne Turbo the dealer has coming in. I have not heard anything about a facelift turbo so I figured I might as well grab it for a couple years until the full line is out. ( Really don't want to go TurboS Hybrid which is what I think the 24's may be) While I like my Macan GTS I just like my wife's Turbo more. I don't keep cars that long so if I like what the 2024 has to offer I will place an order. Also I assume the early 2024 builds will be held for a good bit by the EPA.
Old 03-20-2023, 01:00 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ENCT
I am taking a 23 Cayenne Turbo the dealer has coming in. I have not heard anything about a facelift turbo so I figured I might as well grab it for a couple years until the full line is out. ( Really don't want to go TurboS Hybrid which is what I think the 24's may be) While I like my Macan GTS I just like my wife's Turbo more. I don't keep cars that long so if I like what the 2024 has to offer I will place an order. Also I assume the early 2024 builds will be held for a good bit by the EPA.
Congrats on the '23 Turbo. Does it have the Burmester?

Quick Reply: Decided not to wait for a 2024