Sponsored By:

Official : Accessport Tuning for Porsche 9Y0 Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2024, 03:05 PM
Dovdoesit
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 8202632
Ok great. That’s what I like to hear. I may start with this and the Redstar front resonator delete. And then move to sport cats or cat delete if I’m still needing more noise! Thx for the response!
I just did the tune and upgraded the air filter. It is very loud when you Play with the power band to the point where you will not need anything louder if you’re looking for a lot more low in the range than you might want to start playing with some hardware. Personally, I like being able to leave my house without waking up my kids and then getting rowdy when I want it.
The following users liked this post:
ALEV8 (07-20-2024)
Old 03-10-2024, 11:18 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

And when you show up at the dealer and you have 3.5 yrs of warranty left and they see this, how dead am I?
Old 03-10-2024, 11:41 PM
Dovdoesit
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEV8
And when you show up at the dealer and you have 3.5 yrs of warranty left and they see this, how dead am I?
in my case: my dealer just asked me to remove it before trade in. They also explained that as long as it’s not the direct cause of a warranty claim they would honor the claim. But tune at your own risk as always. Personally I don’t think it pushes the engine beyond its ability (comfortably), but I’m not a Porsche mechanic. I also don’t push it hard 100% of the time. Only 95% of the time lol
ALEV8 (07-20-2024)
Old 03-14-2024, 02:44 PM
23109vc
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

This is my concern as well…. My. Main reason for wanting a warranty and/or CPO coverage is in the unlikely even of some kind of catastrophic failure - engine / turbos / transmission - all of which would be a huge ticket item… imagine the cost to replace/install a 4.0 TT motor in a GTS.. probably $50k+ at the dealer. If you did have that issue - and you were tuned - what ar ethe odds that Porsche would deny it?? Even if your SA is cool with it - i suspect when the dealership tries to get approval for a huge repair like that - Porsche NA will have their own people look at it and then screw you b/c of the tune.

it’s pay to play..if ou want the power you accept the risk. Honestly, I feel like my GTS is plenty fast as it is - but i would LOVE to have more….

How many peole here have tuned and how long have you been tuned with no major issues???
Old 03-15-2024, 09:41 AM
Pushinit
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

I just got an AccessPort 2 months ago so don't have a lot of time with it. That said, I used to be a tuner myself and visited with the guy who built our tunes and discussed his process. I am convinced it is safe and conservative. Porsche did a lot right when it came to designing the programming so it protects the engine very well automatically. So no issues myself and it is a nice improvement in performance.
ALEV8 (07-20-2024)
Old 03-16-2024, 06:41 PM
TK23
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 7 Posts

I've tuned a 991 turbo and a macan GTS with cobb. Worked great and no issues. The off the shelf maps are reasonably conservative but make a noticeable difference. It's also easy to return to stock before bringing in for service. It's not that I think you can hide it if they are looking, but wanted to have the stock tune just in case they did a software update on it. If the 2024 Cayenne S tunes become available I's seriously consider it.
Old 03-18-2024, 01:19 AM
Kachakacha
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Is the turbo tune available on the 2023 turbo s?
Old 03-18-2024, 09:43 AM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

on a '19 Turbo without pse would this product add some exhaust note?
(sorry thread tldr if discussed above)
Old 05-21-2024, 07:50 AM
Nightshifty82
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I screwed?

Just bought catless downpipes and an Accessport with plans to get a custom stage 2 protune. Haven’t even been delivered yet. After doing more digging into the Accessport, it appears that even with a custom stage 2 protune I will end up with a CEL from the downpipes and have no way to delete it, at least not permanently.
Old 05-21-2024, 09:12 PM
retom
Burning Brakes

Received 488 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightshifty82
Just bought catless downpipes and an Accessport with plans to get a custom stage 2 protune. Haven’t even been delivered yet. After doing more digging into the Accessport, it appears that even with a custom stage 2 protune I will end up with a CEL from the downpipes and have no way to delete it, at least not permanently.
The problem with CEL after installing catless downpipes is that the ECU reads an incorrect signal from the oxygen sensors. Sometimes it helps to install spacers for these sensors. Sometimes you need to experiment with different adapters from several manufacturers, but it is often possible to completely eliminate CEL.

Amazon Amazon
Nightshifty82 (05-21-2024)
Old 05-21-2024, 10:57 PM
Nightshifty82
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by retom
The problem with CEL after installing catless downpipes is that the ECU reads an incorrect signal from the oxygen sensors. Sometimes it helps to install spacers for these sensors. Sometimes you need to experiment with different adapters from several manufacturers, but it is often possible to completely eliminate CEL.

https://www.amazon.ca/MiniCat-Adapte.../dp/B07R5SVDQZ
Yeah it looks like I’ve got a few options but none are ideal. I guess there’s no longer such thing as a true stage 2 tune anymore in the US unless you know someone who will hook you up under the table.

Option 1: Keep catless pipes and Accessport and live with CEL. Google says won’t harm vehicle driving this way but light sucks and worried about it masking other issues that would throw a CEL.

Option 2: Return pipes and get HJS catted pipes. Leaning toward this option. If CEL still thrown will break wrist on wall for not just keeping the racing pipes.

Option 3: Return Accessport and tune with different software. Appears no alternative tune is even available that will delete CEL thanks to some agency of artards

Option 4: Mini-cats as mentioned above or O2 spacers to prevent CEL. Potentially unreliable and I worry sending false information to the ECU could have other downstream effects (my auto degree is from Google University so maybe these concerns aren’t warranted?)

Option 5: Build Time Machine and return to 2021 when Covid was thriving and protuners could tell Uncle Sam to suck a fat one
Old 07-20-2024, 03:54 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Purchased one today for my 20 base coupe which is already fast in my opinion. At least that ticket doing 122 mph in an 70 awarded to me by TX Hwy Patrol for pushing GO button on wheel says so…………..day two of ownership no less HA.

Install plan (just plug into obd???) is next and my SA said remove before service etc……..what’s the cleanest way to install? Haven’t gotten around to dash cams either…….sorta don’t want to touch this pristine interior. Buy a 20 amp charger/ a must, or ctek for my 911 battery I already have?

Last edited by ALEV8; 07-20-2024 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2024, 04:06 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

Just installed it…….my son and I are still smiling…….🙂
Old 08-26-2024, 04:16 PM
ALEV8
Three Wheelin'

I got to say this has been a rather amazing addition to my car, and I couldn’t be happier, except if even more horsepower could be wrong out of the computer! Now the car is fairly ridiculously fast up to a useful point. Very impressive and worth the money if you ask me. Installation was super simple. The only Minor negative is the car transmission re-learning things over a two week-ish. For me as I drive very little the 3rd to 2nd downshift is a little bit jarring to experience. I thought about calling customer service, but I did read that the transmission must relearn
Old 09-06-2024, 01:31 PM
psalibello
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone in California get a custom tune for base Cayenne (2019)? I'm running the Stage 1 91 octane and getting light knock from 1-4k rpm (where this engine lives). The gas, particularly in the SF Bay Area, is the worst crap in the country. We can't adjust timing on our own, or i'd pull a degree or two on the left side of the curve. i'm asking if anyone paid for a custom stage 1 91 octane tune they'd share to deal with CA gas. I'll gladly chip in to the cost you incurred to get it as I will be less than getting a full tune.

Last edited by psalibello; 09-06-2024 at 01:33 PM.

Quick Reply: Official : Accessport Tuning for Porsche 9Y0 Cayenne