Sponsored By:

GTS Tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 05:11 PM
cjspeed
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts
Default GTS Tune

Anyone chipped? Who is the best? Do they produce CEL?

hopefully will take delivery early next month and I don’t want to waste any time
Old 09-06-2022, 06:50 PM
Turbo-X2
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by cjspeed

hopefully will take delivery early next month and I don’t want to waste any time
When you say chipped do you mean a piggyback or are you looking for an actual ECU tune? I've explored both routes and right now there is nothing else but Racechip for my 2022 Cayenne GTS. I'd rather not do the Racechip but have looked into APR ECU tune and JB4 piggyback - both of which are not available at the moment for a GTS. What spec of Cayenne are you getting?
Old 09-06-2022, 07:11 PM
Gwaxman34
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 78 Posts

love it! Can’t wait for your review. Chip I’m hoping for is the Bose amp chip 😂
The following users liked this post:
cjspeed (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 07:47 PM
cjspeed
Advanced

Originally Posted by Turbo-X2
When you say chipped do you mean a piggyback or are you looking for an actual ECU tune? I've explored both routes and right now there is nothing else but Racechip for my 2022 Cayenne GTS. I'd rather not do the Racechip but have looked into APR ECU tune and JB4 piggyback - both of which are not available at the moment for a GTS. What spec of Cayenne are you getting?
yep ECU tune, not sure what the race chip is I will have to add that to my list of **** to google. Sigh…I figured that might have been the case (nothing available). I have a feeling I’m gonna love the handling but I’m gonna have a big problem with only 450hp~. I was hoping for 600 at least.

im getting a GTS non-coupe, right now expected at my dealer 10/14. Here’s my code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPQXNEK2

Old 09-06-2022, 08:53 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

yep ECU tune, not sure what the race chip is I will have to add that to my list of **** to google. Sigh…I figured that might have been the case (nothing available). I have a feeling I’m gonna love the handling but I’m gonna have a big problem with only 450hp~. I was hoping for 600 at least.
im getting a GTS non-coupe, right now expected at my dealer 10/14. Here’s my code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPQXNEK2
I’ll look to see how a tune works out for you but a 0-60 test by C&D of 3.9 isn’t bad.
My past experience is that a tune has one downside (maybe). It usually entails more Boost. Without an Electric Turbo assist, there is a transition point where Boost comes on too strong. In casual driving this isn’t ideal around town…manageable but not ideal.
Old 09-06-2022, 08:54 PM
Turbo-X2
Advanced

Check out Racechip but it's only a small bump in power (50 I think) and I hear you have to remove the bumper and maybe a few other parts to access the connections whereas JB4 is coming out with a solution to that issue, maybe within the next month with hopefully more of a jump in HP & TQ. APR has a tune for our cars but not the newer version of software; so somebody has to send in their ECU so they can tap into it and have the files for the rest of us that don't want to take out our ECU. Yours will likely be the same since its just coming out. I got my GTS Coupe in May so I have the new software and they don't have the files yet, hopefully someone gets it done soon, I'd rather have APR!
Old 09-06-2022, 09:25 PM
cjspeed
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ron.s
I’ll look to see how a tune works out for you but a 0-60 test by C&D of 3.9 isn’t bad.
My past experience is that a tune has one downside (maybe). It usually entails more Boost. Without an Electric Turbo assist, there is a transition point where Boost comes on too strong. In casual driving this isn’t ideal around town…manageable but not ideal.
The 3.9 is actually way better than what my SVR got and that had 575hp, corners are essentially off limits though and I know from experience. I pushed that thing pretty hard and the rear control arm snapped off and sent one wheel flying off the rig with less than 1k miles on it. After I got out of that thing, what I longed for was something fast in the straights & corners but also being able to haul 4 ppl / luggage comfortably...and of course not having to worry about a wheel falling off the car while im driving down the street.

I just wanna make sure when I come across the AMG or M variants in SUV format, I'm well equipped to hold my own.
The SVR is the least of my concerns as the only thing that was good for was making a-lot of noise - lol.

Originally Posted by Turbo-X2
Check out Racechip but it's only a small bump in power (50 I think) and I hear you have to remove the bumper and maybe a few other parts to access the connections whereas JB4 is coming out with a solution to that issue, maybe within the next month with hopefully more of a jump in HP & TQ. APR has a tune for our cars but not the newer version of software; so somebody has to send in their ECU so they can tap into it and have the files for the rest of us that don't want to take out our ECU. Yours will likely be the same since its just coming out. I got my GTS Coupe in May so I have the new software and they don't have the files yet, hopefully someone gets it done soon, I'd rather have APR!
I think I'm ultimately going to be in the same boat as you -- waiting on APR or someone seasoned to debut. Racehip seems like a headache and potentially more cost vs value factor for an only marginal gain in HP. Is there any downside to taking out the ECU and giving it to them? Then there is also the stigma of being the guinea pig in a situation like that...lol. I definitely don't want to turn a GTS price tag into 200k+ one with a rebuilt/blown motor.
Ron.s (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 11:24 PM
supershaft
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 158 Posts

The 3.9 is actually way better than what my SVR got and that had 575hp, corners are essentially off limits though and I know from experience. I pushed that thing pretty hard and the rear control arm snapped off and sent one wheel flying off the rig with less than 1k miles on it. After I got out of that thing, what I longed for was something fast in the straights & corners but also being able to haul 4 ppl / luggage comfortably...and of course not having to worry about a wheel falling off the car while im driving down the street.

I just wanna make sure when I come across the AMG or M variants in SUV format, I'm well equipped to hold my own.
The SVR is the least of my concerns as the only thing that was good for was making a-lot of noise - lol.

I think I'm ultimately going to be in the same boat as you -- waiting on APR or someone seasoned to debut. Racehip seems like a headache and potentially more cost vs value factor for an only marginal gain in HP. Is there any downside to taking out the ECU and giving it to them? Then there is also the stigma of being the guinea pig in a situation like that...lol. I definitely don't want to turn a GTS price tag into 200k+ one with a rebuilt/blown motor.
racechip while a PITA to install is quite safe and conservative. I've used them on my F90 M5 comp
Old 09-07-2022, 07:44 PM
imahobo
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 15 Posts

I also used Racechip on my F90 M5 Comp, and two X5M’s before that. While the horsepower gains are decent, I was never that satisfied with the overall drivability for either vehicle. The power delivery wasn’t smooth at all, and the throttle had to be applied very carefully to avoid lurching. On paper, the numbers look decent, but in real world driving I grew to dislike the harsh characteristics. I went with Cobb on my 991.1 TT, and it is so smooth, comparatively. It’s disappointing there are so few tuning options available to us.
Turbo-X2 (09-07-2022)
Old 09-08-2022, 01:19 PM
skippy454
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I got a Dragy to see run times on my 22 GTS coupe. It does exactly the numbers Porsche states 0 - 60 4.4 sec and 1/4 is 12.8 sec.

I am waiting on JP4 to come out then will retest.

I will retest when weather is cooler as well hot AF right now.

Last edited by skippy454; 09-08-2022 at 01:20 PM.
Turbo-X2 (09-08-2022)
Old 09-08-2022, 01:31 PM
Turbo-X2
Advanced

Originally Posted by skippy454
I got a Dragy to see run times on my 22 GTS coupe. It does exactly the numbers Porsche states 0 - 60 4.4 sec and 1/4 is 12.8 sec.

I am waiting on JP4 to come out then will retest.

I will retest when weather is cooler as well hot AF right now.
That is awesome you have a Dragy!

Last I spoke to George @ JB4 and he said they should have it ready for the GTS in about 2 months - that was July 30th so hopefully something soon from them.
Old 03-12-2023, 05:35 PM
skippy454
Track Day

Any updates on the 22 GTS Tune? APR ever get it figured out?
Old 03-12-2023, 10:53 PM
Selpo
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by skippy454
Any updates on the 22 GTS Tune? APR ever get it figured out?
Cobb has it available now for 2022 GTS, search for their thread, pretty impressive gains… I am waiting for them to come out for 2023
Old 03-13-2023, 04:09 PM
skippy454
Track Day

Originally Posted by Selpo
Cobb has it available now for 2022 GTS, search for their thread, pretty impressive gains… I am waiting for them to come out for 2023

Will take a look thank you.. Just got an email back from ARP they still working on it say it should be ready soon.
Old 03-28-2023, 09:07 AM
mrjbb7
Instructor

Received 129 Likes on 47 Posts

To revive this thread, I’ve got a MY22 cayenne GTS, looked a t few tunes and considered APR. Ultimately for $290 I purchased Pedal Commander which remaps your car’s throttle response which most tunes do as well while also adjusting many other parameters.

The Pedal Commander has significantly reduced the turbo lag and dramatically increased throttle response. The car absolutely feels perfect now: it commands the power it’s supposed to be utilizing IMO much quicker. It’s smoother more powerful and overall much quicker. All without adding more horsepower and adjusting fuel, air and other other engine parameters that could cause additional issues.

Just thought I’d add to this thread as this is a viable alternative IMO. Ask any questions.

Quick Reply: GTS Tune