Sponsored By:

GTS Tune

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2023, 04:11 PM
INS4NE_B9
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 23109vc
I’m in the same boat. My 2021 GTS is plenty fast and fun… more power would be great, but I don’t want to be the unlucky one who happens to have a legitimate defect in a motor/transmission that WOULD have happened ANYWAY…but b/c I happened to have a tune, all warranty coverage is denied. That is a lot of exposure on a car like this.

I can imagine a new motor is $30k+ in parts and labor….

But it sure would be fun!!

if only Porsche woudl offer a “factory” tune option….
APR offers APR+ which covers you in the event your factory warranty is voided.
Old 03-30-2023, 04:13 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,323 Likes on 1,510 Posts

I’m in the same boat. My 2021 GTS is plenty fast and fun… more power would be great, but I don’t want to be the unlucky one who happens to have a legitimate defect in a motor/transmission that WOULD have happened ANYWAY…but b/c I happened to have a tune, all warranty coverage is denied. That is a lot of exposure on a car like this.

I can imagine a new motor is $30k+ in parts and labor….

But it sure would be fun!!

if only Porsche woudl offer a “factory” tune option….
They do! It's called the Porsche Cayenne Turbo......add the Sport Design Kit (standard on the GTS) and you're there!

P.S. I doubt you would get a new engine from Porsche for $ 30K. I would say double that based on the $ 85K for a replacement 992 engine.. .
The following users liked this post:
911dude41 (03-31-2023)
Old 03-30-2023, 04:41 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
They do! It's called the Porsche Cayenne Turbo......add the Sport Design Kit (standard on the GTS) and you're there!

P.S. I doubt you would get a new engine from Porsche for $ 30K. I would say double that based on the $ 85K for a replacement 992 engine.. .
And of course a used engine from a dismantler will run in the $12-18k ballpark (plus labor).
Old 03-30-2023, 09:03 PM
23109vc
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by INS4NE_B9
APR offers APR+ which covers you in the event your factory warranty is voided.
I have two years left of factory warranty and then an additional three of certified preowned coverage. I’ll have to look into whether that would apply to either of those warrantee periods
Old 03-31-2023, 10:39 AM
INS4NE_B9
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I have two years left of factory warranty and then an additional three of certified preowned coverage. I’ll have to look into whether that would apply to either of those warrantee periods
That's a great question. I believe it is only for the factory warranty, but @Arin@APR could probably shed some light on this.
Old 04-01-2023, 01:45 AM
23109vc
Instructor

$80k for a motor…. 🤯

think ill skip the tune!!
Old 04-01-2023, 03:29 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 98 Posts

For the current gen GTS, Techart has to be the way to go. 640PS and 900NM from their Techtronic piggy back with warranty.
Old 04-05-2023, 02:28 AM
23109vc
Instructor

Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ
For the current gen GTS, Techart has to be the way to go. 640PS and 900NM from their Techtronic piggy back with warranty.
i tried looking up their warranty info but it was hard to locate it - is it a separate purchase ?
Old 04-05-2023, 07:35 PM
RSLDSN
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Not a lot of info on the techart techtronic engine management system for a 2023 Cayenne GTS. Was able to find out that Vivid Racing shows TechArt Engine Powerkits TA 09Y/1 Porsche Cayenne V6 20109+ going for $4,500. That is a lot of $$$$
https://www.vividracing.com/-p-15364...4aAuCUEALw_wcB

Techart site shows to contact a local dealer however can’t seem to find out how to find a local dealer.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:07 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

If these mod firms, would spend the money to figure out how to keep our warranties in tact, they would sell ten fold!.....
23109vc (04-06-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 04:48 AM
mrjbb7
Instructor

Received 129 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Cobb Tuning Issue with the 2022 Cayenne GTS

So after all, I went with a tune and removed the pedal commander (which worked great during the time I used it), but since I don’t have a willing APR dealer who actually still is a dealer for them or will answer the phone within a 100 mile radius, I went with COBB Tuning, a tuner I’ve used on a few other vehicles.

Upon receiving their access port for OBD flashing, the tuner could not install the tune. The handheld OBD device kept giving me this “This vehicle is not supported by this version of Accessport. Please contact Technical Support with vehicle and Accessport information.”

Long story short after a call and a few emails with COBB, seems that some 2022’s are supported but for some reason mines is on the “newer” side and closer tech wise to a 2023, which they aren’t supporting yet.

They had me download a file from the accessport device to send to them and the have not been able to give me as little as an ETA as to when they could have a tune back to me based on the info I sent them. So after an email outlining that I haven’t received an ETA they responded stating they couldn’t give me one at Al but their engineers are working on it.

I was told I’d receive an update yesterday and never received not even an email, so I’m thinking of just returning he device altogether, especially since I’m not sure what or how this would change their tune that they already have tested. Not worth the hassle and unknowns.

They did offer to refund me in one of their other emails. Just figured I’d post this in case anyone with a 2022+ GTS is considering using COBB tuning. I’d refrain from using them until they for sure have an application that works and is fully compatible with ALL 2022 and then 2023 modules.

So far not the experience I was expecting having spent $1500 and a receiving a tune I can’t use for almost 7 days now. At least they did offer to take the device back and refund me fully. Feels like they maybe rushed this to the market a bit and hadn’t taken into account possible software changes mid 2022 cycle for the GTS.
Old 04-08-2023, 11:41 AM
Turbo-X2
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjbb7
So after all, I went with a tune and removed the pedal commander (which worked great during the time I used it), but since I don’t have a willing APR dealer who actually still is a dealer for them or will answer the phone within a 100 mile radius, I went with COBB Tuning, a tuner I’ve used on a few other vehicles.

Upon receiving their access port for OBD flashing, the tuner could not install the tune. The handheld OBD device kept giving me this “This vehicle is not supported by this version of Accessport. Please contact Technical Support with vehicle and Accessport information.”

Long story short after a call and a few emails with COBB, seems that some 2022’s are supported but for some reason mines is on the “newer” side and closer tech wise to a 2023, which they aren’t supporting yet.

They had me download a file from the accessport device to send to them and the have not been able to give me as little as an ETA as to when they could have a tune back to me based on the info I sent them. So after an email outlining that I haven’t received an ETA they responded stating they couldn’t give me one at Al but their engineers are working on it.

I was told I’d receive an update yesterday and never received not even an email, so I’m thinking of just returning he device altogether, especially since I’m not sure what or how this would change their tune that they already have tested. Not worth the hassle and unknowns.

They did offer to refund me in one of their other emails. Just figured I’d post this in case anyone with a 2022+ GTS is considering using COBB tuning. I’d refrain from using them until they for sure have an application that works and is fully compatible with ALL 2022 and then 2023 modules.

So far not the experience I was expecting having spent $1500 and a receiving a tune I can’t use for almost 7 days now. At least they did offer to take the device back and refund me fully. Feels like they maybe rushed this to the market a bit and hadn’t taken into account possible software changes mid 2022 cycle for the GTS.
the COBB tune works on my 2022 GTS, mine was built in 4/2022 so maybe some of the later builds like yours are not supported. I had no problems uploading the tune via access port. I did have my car scanned for box codes when attempting the APR tune and the issue there was I had software version 2 which was not supported by their tune.
mrjbb7 (04-08-2023)
Old 04-08-2023, 10:38 PM
mrjbb7
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbo-X2
the COBB tune works on my 2022 GTS, mine was built in 4/2022 so maybe some of the later builds like yours are not supported. I had no problems uploading the tune via access port. I did have my car scanned for box codes when attempting the APR tune and the issue there was I had software version 2 which was not supported by their tune.
Thank you for this. Gives me some hope. Can you provide me with wome insight as to how you feel about the COBB tune before vs now?

I haven’t spoken to anyone else who does have COBB on their Cayenne.

Thank you!
Old 04-09-2023, 11:04 AM
Turbo-X2
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjbb7
Thank you for this. Gives me some hope. Can you provide me with wome insight as to how you feel about the COBB tune before vs now?

I haven’t spoken to anyone else who does have COBB on their Cayenne.

Thank you!
someone on here had a dragy and witness a 1 second difference from 0-60 with the tune vs stock. Now that’s some real world results. I don’t have dragy but I can feel the difference. Definitely takes the car to another level, you will love it if you get the tune.
mrjbb7 (04-09-2023)
Old 04-09-2023, 01:27 PM
mrjbb7
Instructor

Originally Posted by Turbo-X2
someone on here had a dragy and witness a 1 second difference from 0-60 with the tune vs stock. Now that’s some real world results. I don’t have dragy but I can feel the difference. Definitely takes the car to another level, you will love it if you get the tune.
Thank you. You you fell the accelerator pedal more responsive and a lot less turbo lag?

Quick Reply: GTS Tune