Sponsored By:

GTS Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 01:31 PM
Turbo-X2
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjbb7
Thank you. You you fell the accelerator pedal more responsive and a lot less turbo lag?

Heck yeah! I mean with a 0-60 time that is 1 second faster you will certainly notice a difference.
Old 04-14-2023, 05:52 PM
8378hjlafdljfads
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

I had an ECU tune on a car from another maker. Had an engine block crack with very low mileage. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the tune. Regardless, the company voided my engine warranty and I had to buy an entire new engine out of pocket and get it installed.

Lesson; if they can tie the tune in any way (legit or perceived) to your warranty claim; they can void that warranty.
The following users liked this post:
supershaft (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023, 07:08 PM
pinion
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by 8378hjlafdljfads
Lesson; if they can tie the tune in any way (legit or perceived) to your warranty claim; they can void that warranty.
Certainly tunes can break stuff… and riding it hard can break stuff too…

But I also think they rely on people not being able or willing to fight legally and hold their ground when told no. Seems a bit like an insurance company where the first answer is always no just in case the claim goes away.
Old 04-19-2023, 11:50 PM
mrjbb7
Instructor

Received 129 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Pedal Commander Issues went with APR

Originally Posted by Turbo-X2
Careful with that pedal commander, I had one installed and had to remove it because sometimes, not all the time my throttle would not respond and when making u turns or when I need to go it hesitated which is super dangerous. I also have the COBB tune now and you would not believe how much the car wakes up. If you experience any hesitation with the throttle remove that piece of junk pedal commander immediately. I even had them replace the first one I had and the second one did the same exact thing.
After thoroughly testing out the Pedal Commander I can confirm it does have a delay sometimes when accelerating and then it’ll kick in and over-accelerate. It’s happened about 10 times in the span of 3 weeks. Decided that was garbage and returned it. Had a COBB issue where my MY 22 was closer to a 23 and they didn’t have the proper parameters to flash my ECU. Returned that as well.

I finally found an APR dealer willing to flash my GTS. Had it done today, wow, what a beast. Absolutely happy with the results. Tune removes turbo lag and acceleration lag, incredible performance. I couldn’t be happier with the APR tune.

Just wanted to give an update. Thank you for the warning on the Pedal Commander, it was garbage on the GTS and it’s not safe. Other vehicles may have better luck, but not the 9Y0 Cayennes.
The following 2 users liked this post by mrjbb7:
cjspeed (06-05-2023), Turbo-X2 (04-20-2023)
Old 06-05-2023, 12:36 PM
Mikeygts
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrjbb7
After thoroughly testing out the Pedal Commander I can confirm it does have a delay sometimes when accelerating and then it’ll kick in and over-accelerate. It’s happened about 10 times in the span of 3 weeks. Decided that was garbage and returned it. Had a COBB issue where my MY 22 was closer to a 23 and they didn’t have the proper parameters to flash my

I finally found an APR dealer willing to flash my GTS. Had it done today, wow, what a beast. Absolutely happy with the results. Tune removes turbo lag and acceleration lag, incredible performance. I couldn’t be happier with the APR tune.

Just wanted to give an update. Thank you for the warning on the Pedal Commander, it was garbage on the GTS and it’s not safe. Other vehicles may have better luck, but not the 9Y0 Cayennes.
How has it been so far with the APR tune any issues?
Old 07-26-2023, 05:27 PM
Bahnbrenner
Advanced

Received 59 Likes on 25 Posts

Subbed for feedback on the APR tune....
Old 08-17-2023, 12:53 AM
Dovdoesit
Cruisin'

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Just tuned my GTS

I just installed the Cobb map (+100 93 octane). As soon as I hit the gas, I felt the difference! Purchased from flat 6

Pros: The car finally has the power it needs to get up and get moving effortlessly. Coming from an Alpina b8, a true rocket, I felt like anything short of 600hp just wasn’t cutting it, but I wanted the handling of the gts (over a turbo). Power sliding is now a reality and the car is holding gears much longer. Personally, that adjustment to the transmission alone is worth it for me. The exhaust notes are meaner and the car feels lighter. I like the fact that I can reinstall the Og map within 20 minutes at any time, that’s why I opted for Cobb over a bench flash at DME in Jersey.

Cons: At first the car felt like it was a little jerky whenever I would let on and off the throttle. I imagine that it’s due to the active aero closing when you let off the throttle and the air to fuel ratio is not perfect. I’m not a mechanic by any means and that could be 100% wrong but I did notice if I stay on the throttle that does not happen.

Flat6I also recommended I install the BMC air filter to help the tune out. I imagine it’s due to that jerking I explained above. I just finished installing it and took the car for a spin. It certainly helps!

if you’re looking for that extra bit of umph to take the car from fast to thrilling, I can not recommend it enough. If you don’t like it you can always uninstall and return it. Seems like a no brainer to me.

side notes: my dealer said they would not give me a hard time about warrantee, unless the issue is directly related to the tune. Also, you want to make sure you have a battery charger when installing at least 20 Amp is what’s the recommended by Cobb, I used a 15 amp and had no issues.

good luck on your decision, I say go for it!
Originally Posted by Turbo-X2
Careful with that pedal commander, I had one installed and had to remove it because sometimes, not all the time my throttle would not respond and when making u turns or when I need to go it hesitated which is super dangerous. I also have the COBB tune now and you would not believe how much the car wakes up. If you experience any hesitation with the throttle remove that piece of junk pedal commander immediately. I even had them replace the first one I had and the second one did the same exact thing.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:25 PM
RSLDSN
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

looking for feedback on APR tune on 2023 Cayenne GTS
The following 2 users liked this post by RSLDSN:
jb9573 (06-22-2024), pinion (04-19-2024)
Old 06-22-2024, 04:49 PM
jb9573
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RSLDSN
looking for feedback on APR tune on 2023 Cayenne GTS
Me, too. Intrigued by the thought of this much more power and torque!
Old 06-30-2024, 01:46 AM
NelsonLee
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I've waited for this tune since 2020. Finally took the plunge on the GTS tune. Have not had the chance to get it on a dyno, but the butt dyno is more accurate right? /s
Also haven't really pushed it, just gentle driving and so far to me it feels like it has a bit of a lag in the lower RPM's. The power curve is definitely not as linear, merging on the highway it'll be like stock until the higher RPM's and BOOM definitely feel more horses. I don't drive daily, sometimes spirited on weekend but I do appreciate the extra power when needed. For the cost, I think it's a good deal. Will keep this thread updated with more seat-time.
Old 06-30-2024, 11:20 PM
jb9573
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NelsonLee
I've waited for this tune since 2020. Finally took the plunge on the GTS tune. Have not had the chance to get it on a dyno, but the butt dyno is more accurate right? /s
Also haven't really pushed it, just gentle driving and so far to me it feels like it has a bit of a lag in the lower RPM's. The power curve is definitely not as linear, merging on the highway it'll be like stock until the higher RPM's and BOOM definitely feel more horses. I don't drive daily, sometimes spirited on weekend but I do appreciate the extra power when needed. For the cost, I think it's a good deal. Will keep this thread updated with more seat-time.
Interesting. My interpretation of the APR provided power and torque curves (I'm a total amateur) made it seem like there's a lot more torque that might make it feel stronger earlier but fall off sooner (lower RPMs) than the stock tune in terms of delivery. Maybe I have no idea what time looking at.

Anyway, looking forward to more feedback from you and others.

Last edited by jb9573; 06-30-2024 at 11:22 PM.

Quick Reply: GTS Tune