Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Chromite Black - Anyone seen it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2022 | 11:20 AM
DCCT
Track Day

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Chromite Black - Anyone seen it?

I have a new Cayenne E-Hybrid on order which I was planning to order in Jet Black Metallic.

Annoyingly, they removed the colour for the MY23 and replaced it with Chromite Black. On the configurator, it looks more of a 'grey' colour but difficult to tell.

I'm trying to work out whether to go for Chromite Black or the Standard Black.

Has anyone seen a sample or even a car in Chromite yet? If so, any thoughts?
Old 07-14-2022 | 12:01 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by DCCT
I have a new Cayenne E-Hybrid on order which I was planning to order in Jet Black Metallic.

Annoyingly, they removed the colour for the MY23 and replaced it with Chromite Black. On the configurator, it looks more of a 'grey' colour but difficult to tell.

I'm trying to work out whether to go for Chromite Black or the Standard Black.

Has anyone seen a sample or even a car in Chromite yet? If so, any thoughts?
my 22 tgt I was able to get the jet black metallic. I’ve had two other cars in this color. My 992 turbo s was my first black (non metallic). It was a nightmare to get the paint corrected and thousands to protect it afterwards. The new black metallic definitely looks more grayish. The non metallic black defiantly looks the best, but needs to be protected if you want to keep it that way. It shows everything and even when washed/maintained properly it will still show swirl marks if no PPF. My metallic cars were much easier to maintain and didn’t need PPF as they were not daily driven cars.
Old 08-13-2022 | 03:41 PM
dragan
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Cromite black metalic
Old 08-13-2022 | 10:18 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks for the photo. Looks pretty much ... just BLACK ...to me.
I wanted Quartzite Grey Metallic on my 2023 Cayenne S Platinum coupe, but it was 'not available' for some unknown reason. But, still available on the non-platinum versions. Odd. Same panels, same vehicle. ??
I have a possible allocation pick up for a Platinum S Coupe in Qurartzite Black. But, concerned with swirls, pits, and a just black SUV like everyone else.
What does the Qurartzite Black really look like compared to Jet Black metallic ?
Opinions?
Old 08-13-2022 | 10:27 PM
dragan
Instructor

Color is nice it vas cloudy day and car is dirty, arrived today
I am pretty sure will look better on sunny day.
Old 08-13-2022 | 10:30 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dragan
Color is nice it vas cloudy day and car is dirty, arrived today
I am pretty sure will look better on sunny day.
How do you think it compares with Jet Black metallic? More grey flecks? Change in color in sun / shade, etc?
Do you think it will be difficult to keep clean looking without PPC?
Old 08-13-2022 | 11:06 PM
dragan
Instructor

I was passing by dealership and stopped .I asked salesman for (cromite black) color sample ,i order cayenne Hybrid but didn’t see the color yet.He said one arrived today .Jet black and cromite are so close ,depends on the weather. From the back looks jet black from the side when you look you will see silver brown and purple flecks.in my opinion look better than jet black. On PPF I think it will make black paint more doll .
When my car arrives (shooting for October)I decided to apply Meguiars Hybrid Paint Coating
Old 08-13-2022 | 11:13 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dragan
I was passing by dealership and stopped .I asked salesman for (cromite black) color sample ,i order cayenne Hybrid but didn’t see the color yet.He said one arrived today .Jet black and cromite are so close ,depends on the weather. From the back looks jet black from the side when you look you will see silver brown and purple flecks.in my opinion look better than jet black. On PPF I think it will make black paint more doll .
When my car arrives (shooting for October)I decided to apply Meguiars Hybrid Paint Coating
Thanks for your post.
I wasn't aware that Quartzite Black Metallic was being delivered now. Thought it was a 2023 color and that those Cayennes were not State-side yet ??
The following users liked this post:
OncPorsche (08-13-2022)

Quick Reply: Chromite Black - Anyone seen it?