Sponsored By:

2022 Cayenne PCM/Bose Sound Settings Memory Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Willx2
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2022 Cayenne PCM/Bose Sound Settings Memory Issue

Hello! I recently purchased a brand new 2022 Cayenne Base with the Bose Sound system. I love the car, and love the sound system. But I am struggling with why the PCM/Bose system will not remember the sound settings! It does not save the Surround Sound Option, BaseSetting, Treble Setting, or the Fader (which I don't change anyway). Every time I leave the car and come back an hour later it has all been reset to "off" or "0". I have to reset all of these three settings every time I get in the car. Without it setting the sound is very flat. Yes, I have set the memory function on the door countless times with the key etc. I followed all of the set up procedures. Note: The PCM system does save the "Sound True" and the "Audio Pilot" options however.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is this considered normal for Porsche? Is this a bug in the system? Does anyone have a suggestion to fix this?

I have owned 4 Porsche's and this is the only time I ever remember this happening. Frustrating.
Thanks in advance for your comments or suggestions!

!

The following users liked this post:
BlackRider (01-31-2023)
Old 07-01-2022, 07:56 PM
jjs4653
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a 22 Cayenne s and my settings are automatically saved so I would either reset your PCM or call the dealer
Old 07-01-2022, 09:10 PM
maranag
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I had this happen once when I was logged-out of my profile for some reason. Hasn't happened again.
Old 07-01-2022, 10:18 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 335 Likes on 218 Posts

My 22 base that I’ve had since January has never done this. Try resetting the PCM - 2 fingers long pressed on the clock display (upper right corner of the screen). There are some posts about how to reset the PCM.
Old 07-02-2022, 06:08 PM
Lyyy
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cayenne MY22 base with 1.5k miles, this happens maybe 2 or 3 times. The speed limit warning also goes to random value at start up. It looks like a software problem.
Old 07-02-2022, 06:45 PM
LSR
Burning Brakes

Received 335 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Lyyy
Cayenne MY22 base with 1.5k miles, this happens maybe 2 or 3 times. The speed limit warning also goes to random value at start up. It looks like a software problem.
The speed limit warning is definitely a software bug. Same thing happens in my ‘22 with the personal speed limit warnings - speeds randomly reset themselves.

Last edited by LSR; 07-03-2022 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-04-2022, 09:49 PM
BlackRider
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I thought I had the same problem. But what I found out is that I have to save the setting for every channel (siriusXM) and for every source (Every FM radio choice (i.e. 88.9, 101.6, 95.5, etc.). Once I press surround it will save it for that channel and source. This is very annoying but I guess that is the way they want it. Hope this help but that is a good catch. I was going to write the same thing. I have a 2022 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid.
Old 09-03-2022, 11:33 AM
BlackRider
Instructor

2022 Porsche Cayenne E-Hybrid. Same issue here when switching sources. I set my BOSE setting to Surround and them it keeps for about a week or so and then I will switch to another source that should have surround set but it sounds dull , I will look at the setting and the Bose surround has been unchecked. I also get random updates out of no where, the mysterious map update, and 4 updates that I saw when I first got the car seem to come back then disappear. Seems like Bose is pushing an update without discussing it with us. And yes, I use the same profile. Is there a website where our complaints go directly to Porsche NA?
Old 09-15-2022, 11:54 AM
mhoffman1966
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the exact same issue. Set Surround, Linear, Bass, Treble and all reset randomly. Sometimes when charging, others just after I park and go into the grocery store. I have tried saving my seat settings with both keys on all 3 buttons thinking maybe it is a profile setting. No dice. I have saved these so many times on all of my sources and they still reset. I have an appointment with the dealer next week. Glad others are observing this issue so I know it is not totally isolated to me.
Old 09-15-2022, 12:44 PM
BlackRider
Instructor

I am glad and sad you are having the same issue, I go into the dealer on Monday and I will report the same issue as you. I will report back what my service advisor says.
Old 09-15-2022, 05:40 PM
mhoffman1966
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 15 Posts

FYI, I had it into the dealer once and they could not recreate it. But honestly, not sure how hard they tried. With Porsche app, I could see they pretty much left it in the parking lot and didn't really try any real-world testing - drive, plug in, drive, etc.

They reset the infotainment to factory too to no avail. Only thing that did was give me the pleasure of reprogramming all my stuff back in. ;-)

Not to diss them too much, I am sure they try not to just drive around customer cars mimicking real world conditions if possible, but that is what needs to happen to recreate this. My issue happens ALL THE TIME for me. Sometimes several times in a day.
Old 11-06-2022, 01:01 PM
brettneu
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same issue w Bose settings

Originally Posted by Willx2
Hello! I recently purchased a brand new 2022 Cayenne Base with the Bose Sound system. I love the car, and love the sound system. But I am struggling with why the PCM/Bose system will not remember the sound settings! It does not save the Surround Sound Option, BaseSetting, Treble Setting, or the Fader (which I don't change anyway). Every time I leave the car and come back an hour later it has all been reset to "off" or "0". I have to reset all of these three settings every time I get in the car. Without it setting the sound is very flat. Yes, I have set the memory function on the door countless times with the key etc. I followed all of the set up procedures. Note: The PCM system does save the "Sound True" and the "Audio Pilot" options however.

Has anyone else had this issue? Is this considered normal for Porsche? Is this a bug in the system? Does anyone have a suggestion to fix this?

I have owned 4 Porsche's and this is the only time I ever remember this happening. Frustrating.
Thanks in advance for your comments or suggestions!

!
Same exact issue on 992 911 Carerra. Dealer couldn’t reproduce but pointed out to SA when I picked up the vehicle after leaving it for a day. All he could do was say, “that’s strange, haven’t seen it before but everything checks out”!
Anybody come up with a solution yet?
Old 11-06-2022, 08:48 PM
maranag
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Can't say this will help for sure, but one typical solution to Porsche electrical gremlins is to make sure the 12v battery is charged. I had this Bose settings loss issue happen exactly twice, then I charged the 12v about a month after I got it (shipping time for the car to North East Asia is very long) and all the settings have remained stable for some months since.
Old 11-07-2022, 02:47 PM
BlackRider
Instructor

I think I may have figured out what is wrong. I am not totally sure, but this seems to be my issue. I use android auto to play music from my phone's (i.e., apple music). I also have, FM radio and SIRRIUS XM setup as well. The settings for the FM radio and SIRRIUS XM DO NOT toggle on/off. However, the Android Auto source DOES so I am thinking it has something to do with my phone, android auto and BOSE resetting.
Old 01-31-2023, 07:20 AM
BlackRider
Instructor

Anyone find a fix for this issue yet. It is getting worse for me. When does this happen for people (what source are you using, e.g. radio, Satellite, etc.).

Quick Reply: 2022 Cayenne PCM/Bose Sound Settings Memory Issue