Sponsored By:

GT Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 02:01 PM
djlynch
Pro

Received 129 Likes on 48 Posts
Default GT Turbo

I just received a GT Turbo allocation. October or so delivery. Here’s myhttp://www.porsche-code.com/PPK756Q3

Opinions sought. I was also considering PTS with racing green metallic.
Old 05-11-2022, 02:46 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

Looks nice, I went for the launch spec on mine, Arctic Grey with the Neodyme wheels and interior.

Racing Green Metallic is one of the best options available for PTS on the Turbo GT. If you go with that color I would go with the Neodyme wheels / interior, the green and gold really compliment each other well.

Java Green Metallic is the other PTS option that stands out if you want a more bold color.
Old 05-11-2022, 03:15 PM
djlynch
Pro

Yes I’m worried the gold wheels are too much bling for me I love racing green too
Old 05-11-2022, 03:26 PM
BTurbo
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Like it ! Haven't seen the key pouch previously !
Old 05-11-2022, 06:42 PM
djlynch
Pro

Originally Posted by djlynch
Yes I’m worried the gold wheels are too much bling for me I love racing green too
Im talking myself into the gold wheels.
Old 05-11-2022, 09:18 PM
othertbone
Pro

Received 322 Likes on 211 Posts

That green is HOT and the gold wheels are not in your face, they are an understated classy bronze gold. Its am amazing combo
Old 05-12-2022, 04:47 PM
djlynch
Pro

Originally Posted by othertbone
That green is HOT and the gold wheels are not in your face, they are an understated classy bronze gold. Its am amazing combo
Well I went with the Neodyne! Not too much Bling...but am staying with Moonlight Blue. Here's the new build! Value opinions http://www.porsche-code.com/PP8PVDH6
Old 05-12-2022, 06:46 PM
Hmet
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

nice spec.
Having seen one similarly specced Turbo GT in the metal for few days here are a couple of thoughts:
- The wheel arches and some of the exterior accents and trims are (for some reason) done in black urethane/plastic finish. This should be considered whether you want to try to blend it with the color or to completely contrast it. I would go with contrast.
- The standard interior without speccing the brushed aluminum is too dark. speccing the aluminum accents look much better in my opinion
- Burmester makes a big difference and is worth the money if you like a nice sound (I have had both on two different cayennes and would totally recommend it for a cayenne)
- i would save the money on the gear selector(standard will be alcantara vs the exclusive will be leather) , also the gas tank exclusive cover cannot be seen unless you are putting gas in the car.
enjoy in good health
Old 05-12-2022, 07:10 PM
djlynch
Pro

Originally Posted by Hmet
nice spec.
Having seen one similarly specced Turbo GT in the metal for few days here are a couple of thoughts:
- The wheel arches and some of the exterior accents and trims are (for some reason) done in black urethane/plastic finish. This should be considered whether you want to try to blend it with the color or to completely contrast it. I would go with contrast.
- The standard interior without speccing the brushed aluminum is too dark. speccing the aluminum accents look much better in my opinion
- Burmester makes a big difference and is worth the money if you like a nice sound (I have had both on two different cayennes and would totally recommend it for a cayenne)
- i would save the money on the gear selector(standard will be alcantara vs the exclusive will be leather) , also the gas tank exclusive cover cannot be seen unless you are putting gas in the car.
enjoy in good health
thanks! Good feedback. How would you contrast the black plastic trim pieces?
Old 05-12-2022, 07:12 PM
Hmet
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

thanks! Good feedback. How would you contrast the black plastic trim pieces?
i meant to contrast them through choosing a car color that would contrast with those trim pieces. white, arctic grey, crayonne. the limited color pallet of this car is the biggest problem IMO.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:37 PM
armanslr
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 122 Posts

Agreed with above, If your going with the Neodyme personally I don't think Moonlight Blue is the right color, I'd go Arctic Grey or PTS Racing Green.

Otherwise with the Moonlight Blue I'd go with Black wheels and the Grey Stitch GT Interior Package.

Chalk with Black Wheels and Grey Stitch will also look great.
Old 05-12-2022, 09:47 PM
djlynch
Pro

Originally Posted by armanslr
Agreed with above, If your going with the Neodyme personally I don't think Moonlight Blue is the right color, I'd go Arctic Grey or PTS Racing Green.

Otherwise with the Moonlight Blue I'd go with Black wheels and the Grey Stitch GT Interior Package.

Chalk with Black Wheels and Grey Stitch will also look great.
i tend to agree I’m just not convinced I can do the bronze neodyme wheels with blue. Back to black wheels

Last edited by djlynch; 05-12-2022 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-12-2022, 11:02 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

I'd personally go with satin plat wheels vs black against the blue, I've never been a black wheel fan but that's just me

I'd also add steering column casing in leather, I notice it all the time in my Turbo and love it. I have the exclusive shifter in my current Turbo and I don't like it, skipped it for the standard shifter for my incoming one for what it's worth.. otherwise looks like a really nice spec
Old 05-12-2022, 11:36 PM
othertbone
Pro

Received 322 Likes on 211 Posts

Well I went with the Neodyne! Not too much Bling...but am staying with Moonlight Blue. Here's the new build! Value opinions http://www.porsche-code.com/PP8PVDH6

WOW what a difference, you have a winner my friend!
Old 05-13-2022, 02:25 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 1,007 Likes on 434 Posts

Leather wrapped steering column is not available with the Neodyme interior in the US for some weird reason?

On the color, moonlight blue metallic is a very dark blue. Without the sun, it's mostly black. Just throwing it out there!

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I'd personally go with satin plat wheels vs black against the blue, I've never been a black wheel fan but that's just me

I'd also add steering column casing in leather, I notice it all the time in my Turbo and love it. I have the exclusive shifter in my current Turbo and I don't like it, skipped it for the standard shifter for my incoming one for what it's worth.. otherwise looks like a really nice spec

Quick Reply: GT Turbo