Sponsored By:

Cayenne GTS 21 possible for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 04:03 PM
autofans
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayenne GTS 21 possible for sale

Custom order placed last year. Car arrived at the dealership several months ago. But dealer needed to proactively fix the valve spring issue before sale. Had been waiting for the parts and tools to fix it with no ETA. Placed an order on X5 M50i during the wait with a mark up 10K over the MSRP (crazy time).

Now the dealer has all the parts and tools to work on the engine. Car will be ready in a couple of days. My oder of X5 M50i will arrive in one week as well. So I need to decide which car to take soon. We test drove X5 M50i multiple times during the wait for GTS. Wife liked it a lot for its comfort, quietness, luxury and tech. My enthusiasm for Cayenne GTS also ware off due to the super long wait.

So, if you want the car and are willing to cover my mark up cost for the other car, please let me know. My custom order had 5% off MSRP, so you are only paying a little over original MSRP, and much less than today's price. The GTS was not heavily optioned, but with most performance goodies, including PDCC, sport chrono, and Rear wheel steering.

Location is in south California.
Old 05-08-2022, 04:54 PM
Silververtu
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 175 Posts

I would take the GTS over X5 M50i. I came from X5 M50i to Cayenne and Cayenne is a much better vehicle in terms of build quality, handling, has more character than X5.
The following users liked this post:
Radi (05-08-2022)
Old 05-08-2022, 05:45 PM
icemang
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 147 Posts

autofans, do you have a link to the orignal build sheet you could share?

If not, what color is it and what interior does it have?

Thanks
Old 05-08-2022, 09:09 PM
autofans
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by icemang
autofans, do you have a link to the orignal build sheet you could share?

If not, what color is it and what interior does it have?

Thanks
White exterior with black interior

Last edited by autofans; 05-09-2022 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-08-2022, 11:52 PM
icemang
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 147 Posts

It actually sounds like a good deal and I wish I could say yes but I'm just not a fan of white and I live in the opposite corner of the country, so I'm gonna pass but good luck with it.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:22 AM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 145 Posts

Are you sure you’re going to be able to sell a car that you actually haven’t bought? Assuming if you back out the dealer will gladly sell to someone else at MSRP or more. You can buy and resell I guess but not sure what that does tax wise but I’ve heard CA might have some leeway? Not sure though.

The valve spring issue scared me and I fortunately dodged that bullet so maybe that left a sour taste in your mouth. That being said - I love my Cayenne GTS (came from X7 M50 before). Perhaps you should drive both of them back to back if you can. I’ve always loved BMWs but the Cayenne was just so much better to me than the X7 ans X5. Either way - both are amazing cars so certainly not the worst dilemma to deal with.
Old 05-09-2022, 01:14 AM
autofans
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by av12345
Are you sure you’re going to be able to sell a car that you actually haven’t bought? Assuming if you back out the dealer will gladly sell to someone else at MSRP or more. You can buy and resell I guess but not sure what that does tax wise but I’ve heard CA might have some leeway? Not sure though.

The valve spring issue scared me and I fortunately dodged that bullet so maybe that left a sour taste in your mouth. That being said - I love my Cayenne GTS (came from X7 M50 before). Perhaps you should drive both of them back to back if you can. I’ve always loved BMWs but the Cayenne was just so much better to me than the X7 ans X5. Either way - both are amazing cars so certainly not the worst dilemma to deal with.
Thank you for the feedback! Yes, GTS drives better than X5 for sure. I was thinking about X5 + sports car instead.

The valve spring issue wasn't much of a concern for me as I typically don't keep the car very long. The car was never operated before the fix, so there is no damage caused to the engine. You can also buy extended warranty for the powertrain. They have the right tools and parts to do the fix and mine was not the first. But I am not happy with Porsche that they don't want to provide extended warranty or compensation for the delay. Very arrogant customer service with the "don't care you buy or not" attitude. Definitely not something I expect from Porsche. But demand is so much more than supply today, so I guess they truly don't really care.

The dealer agreed to transfer the sale at the same price.

Last edited by autofans; 05-09-2022 at 01:40 AM.
Old 05-13-2022, 11:35 AM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 693 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Silververtu
I would take the GTS over X5 M50i. I came from X5 M50i to Cayenne and Cayenne is a much better vehicle in terms of build quality, handling, has more character than X5.
Same. GTS is my favorite SUV and the best value overall. It's insanely fun to drive, extremely well built, sounds incredible, and is super comfortable. No way I'd take a X5 over it!
Old 05-13-2022, 11:50 AM
othertbone
Pro

Received 322 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR82XS
Same. GTS is my favorite SUV and the best value overall. It's insanely fun to drive, extremely well built, sounds incredible, and is super comfortable. No way I'd take a X5 over it!

Agreed, the X5 looks like a dressed up SUV, I've had one, it's still nice but the GTS is much sportier. Especially the coupe

Quick Reply: Cayenne GTS 21 possible for sale