Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Dash camera

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2022, 01:06 PM
Sethor
Track Day

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just finished installing a Blackvue DR900X Plus with a Cellink Neo battery. It was a pretty simple install, the Cellink Neo perfectly fits in the battery compartment in the cabin floor & is simply plugged into the 12v socket below the glovebox so no tapping into fuse board. Only real issue I has was the 12V socket to battery cable being a little short, I ended up extending it with the hardwire cable supplied with battery (Length should be OK LHD vehicles)

The photo below gives you an idea how its wired up. You could also cut off the cigarette socket/plug between battery & camera and solder wires together to make it look neater, I just wrapped mine in heaps of loom fleece tape to reduce any possible noise if rested against anything.

Last edited by Sethor; 05-28-2022 at 01:10 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Heegoogoo1 (05-29-2022)
Old 05-16-2023, 12:03 PM
Sethor
Track Day

Is anyone having an issue with the 12V plugs staying always on? Typically power is cut shortly after turning off ignition, I doubled checked the Porsche good to know app and it says it should cut power after 30 mins to save battery (which it was doing previously). Earlier this month I had a flat battery, my car was not driven for about 3 weeks so did not think too much about it. I noticed the dashcam battery at 100% charge days after car has been parked, when it should be dead after 24hrs~, this would explain the flat battery. Could it be a possible change via an Over the Air update?
Old 05-16-2023, 01:15 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Sethor
Is anyone having an issue with the 12V plugs staying always on? Typically power is cut shortly after turning off ignition, I doubled checked the Porsche good to know app and it says it should cut power after 30 mins to save battery (which it was doing previously). Earlier this month I had a flat battery, my car was not driven for about 3 weeks so did not think too much about it. I noticed the dashcam battery at 100% charge days after car has been parked, when it should be dead after 24hrs~, this would explain the flat battery. Could it be a possible change via an Over the Air update?
Which 12V plug did you use? Mine shuts off fine. On my GT3 I had the dealer program them as always on so I could use them with my CTEK to maintain the battery
Old 05-16-2023, 01:53 PM
Sethor
Track Day

The one under the glovebox, I gather it has been some OTA update.

Quick Reply: Dash camera