Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Dash camera

Hi
Did anybody install dashcam in cayenne do you like and it is worth $$
Old 04-18-2022, 04:01 PM
ArcticFox
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I have dashcams in my other vehicles and like them. IMHO BlackVue is one of the better brands and is what I use. I have not installed one in the Cayenne yet...
Old 04-19-2022, 02:22 AM
IXIXI
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 62 Posts

Which blackvue? 750, 900?
Old 04-19-2022, 08:30 AM
toma nova
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 243 Posts

I started with a BlackVue 750X in our daughter’s car since she was in Houston traffic every day. I put the same in the Cayenne as soon as we bought it.

This model is easy to use, video is easy to access, and it’s pretty small tucked up under the mirror.

The only issue I’m still working though is how sensitive to make parking mode - I’ve drained the battery on both cars multiple times due to too sensitive motion and/or not driving in several days.
Old 04-19-2022, 10:32 AM
Silververtu
Pro

Received 234 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by toma nova
I started with a BlackVue 750X in our daughter’s car since she was in Houston traffic every day. I put the same in the Cayenne as soon as we bought it.

This model is easy to use, video is easy to access, and it’s pretty small tucked up under the mirror.

The only issue I’m still working though is how sensitive to make parking mode - I’ve drained the battery on both cars multiple times due to too sensitive motion and/or not driving in several days.
You need to connect the dash cam to a battery pack if you want to use parking mode and not to drain your car battery.
https://shop.blackvue.com/product/po...attery-b-124x/

For reference, one battery pack lasts slightly more than 24 hours after a full charge and I have 900S dual cameras.
Old 04-19-2022, 12:40 PM
CanuckGT4
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by dragan
Hi
Yup, I've been installing the mobius in many cars for years. Inexpensive and small but does a good job, 1080p up to 60fps.
Hook it up to switched power and you're all set.
Old 04-20-2022, 06:57 PM
AR_Motorwerkz
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 159 Likes on 117 Posts

Try checking if you can hardwire it on the ignition so it only turns on if you drive it. Or if you can have an on/off switch instead. So even if you park it in some alley, its still recording and turns off once its parked in the garage.
Old 04-20-2022, 07:17 PM
toma nova
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 243 Posts

To clarify, mine are hardwired to both sources correctly - recording automatically starts when I start the car and the cameras go into parking mode when I turn off the car.

My issue is that I had the parking movement sensor set too sensitive and the camera would record every little bit of movement. In the parking garage at work, I’d have almost nonstop recording due to cars and people constantly passing by the front or rear camera. Similar if I don’t drive for several days - the cameras record all the comings and goings in my garage and would drain the battery.

I’ve adjusted the voltage cutoffs and lowered the sensitivity / turned off parking motion so everything works as intended.
Old 04-23-2022, 10:26 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

I have Blackvue 900s dash cams on all my cars and they're the best on the market, been using them for many years. The new model is the 900x (https://amzn.to/3v8pDV3) the setup is very simple, I velcro the BlackVue battery module (this one: https://amzn.to/39dJnhG) in the spare tire compartment in the trunk, plug it to the rear 12V on the left side of the trunk. Then I install the dash cam on the front windshield and run both power and rear cam cable to the back sliding them under the A pillar trim. No need to take them out, you just push the cables in with the trim tools (the tools that come with the dash cam are not the greatest so it's better to get good ones).

I prefer the battery backup system because it doesn't put any strain on the car battery. The app works great, there was a period last year after an iPhone update that messed it up but it's all good now.

If you hardwire the battery backup to the fuse box the charging time is half, it comes with the tap a fuse system and pretty simple.

You can watch the live feed (it helps with dash cam location installation) and you can watch the recorded footage and download it as well straight into the phone.

My only complaint is that the app doesn't allow for geofencing, so the recording doesn't stop when for example the car is in my garage, so it keeps writing over older footage. I asked them this many times but they never replied

Important: you can't use just any memory card, you need to use slow writing ones that are made for intensive heat and this type of writing (I have the Sandisk Ultra 400GB https://amzn.to/3La3Thn)

The following users liked this post:
IXIXI (04-23-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 07:13 AM
Mulacttocs
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Porsche dashcam?

Originally Posted by dragan
Hi
Are you asking about the Porsche dashcam dragan?
Old 04-24-2022, 10:37 PM
FlyPenFly
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 69 Posts

Garmin Mini with polarizer ens, route cable to passenger footwell where there is a power 12v drop.

Pretty much invisible.
The following users liked this post:
Miggytosh (04-29-2022)
Old 04-24-2022, 10:40 PM
dragan
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes Porsche dash cam
Old 04-29-2022, 02:00 AM
liege
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking about putting an xpel film on my windshield to cut down the heat but I wonder if the film would impact the quality of the recording from the dash cam. Any experience? Thanks.
Old 04-29-2022, 09:31 AM
IXIXI
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 62 Posts

Does anyone rotate cameras between cars?
Old 05-19-2022, 01:52 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Received 173 Likes on 135 Posts

Porsche now offers a Dash Cam prewire option (Cayenne) for the accessory Porsche Cam. I'm also looking for feedback on this accessory. My interest is more along the line of how it integrates in the car; quality of recording; would you buy it again?; likes/dislikes, etc. I don't really need a Cam but thinking about adding the prewire to my 2023 order.

Quick Reply: Dash camera