Sponsored By:

MY’22 Differences

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 09:51 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,982 Likes on 1,933 Posts
Default MY’22 Differences

so in pursuit of replacing my faulty ‘21 Cayenne TurboS eHybrid we’re working on configuring the MY’22 replacement

current MY’21 configuration
Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel + Innodrive
Illegal MY’22 configuration
Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel + Innodrive (or ALK)
DOH!!

I really really like the steering wheel so I’m going to give up Innodrive (it sucks anyways) and/or ALK and just go with ACC (my primary concern) - apparenlty this is new to the MY’22 spec’s because they have new/improved/mandated “hands on the steering wheel” sensors which will are not installed/possible with the Carbon Fiber or Wood steering wheels…

here is the response from dealership that investigated the issue for me - at first they thought as did I “bug in the configurator”
Afternoon sir!

Here is what I found after doing some investigating with some higher ups on this Innodrive+CF steering wheel combo.

First, I made sure this was not just a configurator error that would be fixed and allow people to order Innodrive+CF wheels in a month or so. There is no Porsche tequipment option that allows you to purchase a Carbon fiber wheel and slap it on an Innodrive Cayenne after purchase. They make that very clear in the tequipment section that Innodrive cars must be outfitted with the standard steering wheel. The Carbon fiber and walnut steering wheel variants have different weight proportions and touch points than the regular steering wheel. Innodrive was updated this year to algorithmically interact with LKA/traffic signs etc while detecting driver input through the steering wheel. The new federally regulated software of innodrive reacts differently when getting steering input vs when your hands are off the wheel--Due to the inability of the system to accurately get information from the CF and walnut trimmed steering wheels, you cannot get them in conjunction with one another.
So it’s either CF/Wood steering wheels or Innodrive/ALK - but not both anymore - not sure in my opinion this is progress.
Old 07-09-2021, 09:55 AM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

the Tally I have so far for MY’22 differences are
  • new PCM software
  • remote parking assistance (seems similar to Tesla’s “summon” feature - we’ll see)
  • restrictions on steering wheel choice + innodrive/ALK
Old 07-09-2021, 10:25 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 735 Likes on 508 Posts

I don’t get the whole carbon fibre/wood steering wheel thing. It’s cold to hold in the winter and you are essentially holding a plastic coated wood veneer or carbon fibre. What’s wrong with grippy leather? As to the driving aides, I like cruise control (ACC is nice) but I can do without the rest of the stuff. I haven’t found a car with a system that works well except Tesla’s and then only if the road markings are well maintained (which they aren’t where I drive).
The following users liked this post:
Tedster (07-09-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 12:27 AM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 487 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
I don’t get the whole carbon fibre/wood steering wheel thing. It’s cold to hold in the winter and you are essentially holding a plastic coated wood veneer or carbon fibre. What’s wrong with grippy leather? As to the driving aides, I like cruise control (ACC is nice) but I can do without the rest of the stuff. I haven’t found a car with a system that works well except Tesla’s and then only if the road markings are well maintained (which they aren’t where I drive).
FWIW I absolutely love the option to have a wood or CF steering wheel depending on trim. Leather will show wear/scratches and age fast, whereas the wood or CF will still look like new 4-5 years later. Also like the luxurious feel of it personally. In fact it's one reason I specced a Cayenne Turbo myself, noticing that most on the lot did not have either option instead of the standard full leather wheel. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:04 PM
North Shore 911
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
FWIW I absolutely love the option to have a wood or CF steering wheel depending on trim. Leather will show wear/scratches and age fast, whereas the wood or CF will still look like new 4-5 years later. Also like the luxurious feel of it personally. In fact it's one reason I specced a Cayenne Turbo myself, noticing that most on the lot did not have either option instead of the standard full leather wheel. Just my 2 cents.
+1 on the CF steering wheel and interior package, but I get that it’s 100% subjective. The leather steering wheel on my 911 4S Cab looks beat up and I can never really get all the scrapes and dings out of it. So for me, I love the clean look and nice feel of the CF wheel and matching interior CF trim. My Cayenne Turbo is my winter DD here in Chicago, and with the steering wheel heating on, the wheel feels great in the winter time. Plus, I think it just looks bad ***

The following 2 users liked this post by North Shore 911:
daveo4porsche (07-14-2021), Gasguzlr (08-08-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 06:14 PM
Lphiesmacks10
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

While we're on the topic of MY22, can we get a roll call of who is waiting for MY22 Cayennes with what trim, production date, and ETA delivery date?

I've got an order for a MY22 Cayenne E-Hybrid Coupe. When I ordered it in June, it was a July production with Sept delivery. It's now a mid-Oct delivery. Not sure if my production date has changed. The GM at my dealer is reluctant to share a screenshot of the V-status schedule. Said it is not normal operating procedure.

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread!

Last edited by Lphiesmacks10; 07-14-2021 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 07-14-2021, 08:48 PM
Baldrekr
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered a 2022 Hybrid in June, went by dealer last week and he showed me a screenshot + printout showing delivery in early November. Already passed the “customer can change anything” deadline.

config: http://porsche-code.com/PNA316H1

Last edited by Baldrekr; 07-14-2021 at 08:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Baldrekr:
daveo4porsche (07-14-2021), Lphiesmacks10 (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 09:06 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

my replacement MY'22 Cayenne allocation is ping-ponging dates right now - it's all over the map…latest is freeze in oct., production in nov., delivery in jan'22 - we'll see how this plays out.
The following users liked this post:
Lphiesmacks10 (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 11:03 PM
jhellow
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a September build date for a MY 2022 hybrid. Delivery is expected around December 18. August 24 is the lock date.
Old 07-15-2021, 09:39 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,622 Likes on 1,630 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Yes, because Porche's Carbon Fiber trim has such an excellent reputation for longevity....
Old 07-15-2021, 11:22 AM
duke5021
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Have a MY'22 Coupe GTS coming in at end of Nov.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:25 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

got my ‘21 back yesterday - I have now reconfirmed I love the steering wheel more than I love innodrive

currently have a MY’22 CF Steering wheel on order with the following
  • NO INNODRIVE - not allowed!!
  • ACC - allowed
  • ALK - allowed
Innodrive will not be missed, but I do like ACC and ALK and apparently so far Porsche has not rejected the build combination - stay tuned.

if Porsche can fix my ‘21 before they build my ‘22 I may never find out exactly what the deal is here…but we’ll see.

that being said I like the CF steering wheel.

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 07-17-2021 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:33 PM
mattsrs
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
got my ‘21 back yesterday - I have now reconfirmed I love the steering wheel more than I love innodrive

currently have a MY’22 on order with the following
  • NO INNODRIVE - not allowed!!
  • ACC - allowed
  • ALK - allowed
Innodrive will not be missed, but I do like ACC and ALK and apparently so far Porsche has not rejected the build combination - stay tuned.

if Porsche can fix my ‘21 before they build my ‘22 I may never find out exactly what the deal is here…but we’ll see.

that being said I like the CF steering wheel.
Wow innodrive not allowed to order? I have an MY22 on order with assistance package that includes innodrive. Hope that doesn't mean mine will be delayed
Old 07-17-2021, 12:42 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

the combination of CarbonFibre/Wood steering wheels + Innodrivve is not currently allowed for MY’22 Cayennes - this I’m told is due to changes in innodrive for sensors/vibration in the steering wheel as part of MY’22 enhancements to Innodrive - it’s simplly impossible to provide the sensors in the CF/Wood steering wheels - so it’s no longer an allowed configuration.

this change has surprised many many people - but I’ve had the same story confirmed by multiple dealers…

you can still order Innodrive - but it will require a non-CF/non-Wood steering wheel - I think leather-wrapped/racetex wheels would be fine (since they can have the sensors under the fabric.

so you have to choose

Innodrive = No CF/Wood Steering wheel
CF/Wood Steering wheel = NO Innodrive

personally I’m not that impressed with Innodrive, and I touch/use the steering wheel every second I’m in the vehicle - for my personal situation the steering wheel is more important to me than innodrive

and you can ala’carte InnoDrive-Light —— i.e. just add Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) + Active Lane Keeping (ALK) - and you have most of what Innodrive offers without Innodrive downsides (brake checking the ford F150 riding your bumper when Innodrive detects a phantom speed limit zone change)

so far I have a MY’22 TurboS eHybrid Cayenne configured with:
  • CF Steering Wheel
  • ACC
  • ALK
and it’s passed production validation checks and has a production date & delivery date…

CF/Wood Steering Wheel + Innodrive will _NOT_ pass production validation checks and will be rejected.

for reference this is _NEW_ for MY’22 - I own/posses and am currently using a MY’21 TurboS eHybrid with a CF steering wheel + Innodrive - so this combination used to be allowed, but is no longer.

CF/Wood steering wheel +Innodrive is not a temporary supply/chip-supply issue - it will not delay your production - it is no longer an allowed combination of options - If you want Innodrive you must choose a non-CF/non-Wood steering wheel - which I think means you’re only choice is leather/RaceTex

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 07-17-2021 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:53 PM
mattsrs
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
the combination of CarbonFibre/Wood steering wheels + Innodrivve is not currently allowed for MY’22 Cayennes - this I’m told is due to changes in innodrive for sensors/vibration in the steering wheel as part of MY’22 enhancements to Innodrive - it’s simplly impossible to provide the sensors in the CF/Wood steering wheels - so it’s no longer an allowed configuration.

this change has surprised many many people - but I’ve had the same story confirmed by multiple dealers…

you can still order Innodrive - but it will require a non-CF/non-Wood steering wheel - I think leather-wrapped/racetex wheels would be fine (since they can have the sensors under the fabric.

so you have to choose

Innodrive = No CF/Wood Steering wheel
CF/Wood Steering wheel = NO Innodrive

personally I’m not that impressed with Innodrive, and I touch/use the steering wheel every second I’m in the vehicle - for my personal situation the steering wheel is more important to me than innodrive

and you can ala’carte InnoDrive-Light —— i.e. just add Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) + Active Lane Keeping (ALK) - and you have most of what Innodrive offers without Innodrive downsides (brake checking the ford F150 riding your bumper when Innodrive detects a phantom speed limit zone change)

so far I have a MY’22 TurboS eHybrid Cayenne configured with:
  • CF Steering Wheel
  • ACC
  • ALK
and it’s passed production validation checks and has a production date & delivery date…

CF Steering Wheel + Innodrive will _NOT_ pass production validation checks and will be rejected.

for reference this is _NEW_ for MY’22 - I own/posses and am currently using a MY’21 TurboS eHybrid with a CF steering wheel + Innodrive - so this combination used to be allowed, but is no longer.
Yea I didn't care about innodrive but wanted Surround view, ACC, LKA and the way Assistance package is priced it makes sense to get the package than those 3 individual options

Quick Reply: MY’22 Differences