Sponsored By:

Extended Exterior Package in Black

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 11:34 PM
Cayenne88
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Exterior Package in Black

My wife is in the market for a new SUV. We are in the process of settling on our final build. She is absolutely set on the white carrera metallic exterior. We are thinking about getting the extended exterior package in black, thinking it will contrast well with the white exterior. I unfortunately can't find many/any pictures of a cayenne with this package. I'm more interested in what the rear and front fascia looks like with the package. I couldn't find much based on a quick search in these forums. Was hoping anyone with this package or has seen this package can chime in on whether or not they recommend it. Pictures or links to pictures would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old 07-06-2021, 12:13 AM
What911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cayenne88
My wife is in the market for a new SUV. We are in the process of settling on our final build. She is absolutely set on the white carrera metallic exterior. We are thinking about getting the extended exterior package in black, thinking it will contrast well with the white exterior. I unfortunately can't find many/any pictures of a cayenne with this package. I'm more interested in what the rear and front fascia looks like with the package. I couldn't find much based on a quick search in these forums. Was hoping anyone with this package or has seen this package can chime in on whether or not they recommend it. Pictures or links to pictures would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
I believe this is a fairly new package. They used to be separate options. Mine’s a white car and I had the window trim and front grille wrapped in gloss black. Missing are the black side mirrors, black Porsche script in the tail lights, black Cayenne badge right below it and the gloss black rear fascia. Hope this helps.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:31 AM
Schnave
Rennlist Member

Received 2,803 Likes on 1,442 Posts

Here’s some screen grabs from the configurator. Paint is White Metallic. Three different views. First in each view is without, next is with black extended exterior package.

The very last picture shows the addition of Door Handles in High Gloss Black. I thought it went well with the extended exterior package.

​​​BONUS: Door Handles in High Gloss Black (Add $350)

Old 07-06-2021, 02:15 AM
Cayenne88
AutoX

Originally Posted by What911
I believe this is a fairly new package. They used to be separate options. Mine’s a white car and I had the window trim and front grille wrapped in gloss black. Missing are the black side mirrors, black Porsche script in the tail lights, black Cayenne badge right below it and the gloss black rear fascia. Hope this helps.
Originally Posted by Schnave
Here’s some screen grabs from the configurator. Paint is White Metallic. Three different views. First in each view is without, next is with black extended exterior package.

The very last picture shows the addition of Door Handles in High Gloss Black. I thought it went well with the extended exterior package.
Thanks for all the help so far! I have spent an obscene amount of time on the porsche configurator trying to figure out the build. I'm not sure what is gloss black on the rear fascia and what stays the matte black based on the configurator pictures. It's quite hard for me to tell from the configurator. I think it'll look good but my main concern is if it would look somewhat off/weird and we will end up regretting that we got the package instead of individually selecting the areas that we want black. I definitely like all the changes in the extended exterior package, but just wanted reassurance on the rear fascia since its hard to tell in the pictures on the configurator.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:36 AM
mattsrs
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 142 Posts

Thanks for all the help so far! I have spent an obscene amount of time on the porsche configurator trying to figure out the build. I'm not sure what is gloss black on the rear fascia and what stays the matte black based on the configurator pictures. It's quite hard for me to tell from the configurator. I think it'll look good but my main concern is if it would look somewhat off/weird and we will end up regretting that we got the package instead of individually selecting the areas that we want black. I definitely like all the changes in the extended exterior package, but just wanted reassurance on the rear fascia since its hard to tell in the pictures on the configurator.
The new configurator is still buggy. I remember seeing gloss black on rear bumper with this package. What says in description of the package is the most accurate info not the photos
Old 07-06-2021, 01:22 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 172 Posts

If you are getting roof rails for future bike or roof storage then it must be black too. We ordered the rails and window trim in black on our Carrara white metallic base 2021 (with RS spider wheels) that is expected to arrive at the dealer August 8.
The following users liked this post:
toma nova (07-06-2021)
Old 07-07-2021, 11:45 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,453 Likes on 1,554 Posts

Here's a full black out (with clear taillamps) all the way to the exhaust tips and logos. On my GTS. May not help you much since the body is black...but here you go.

Cayenne88 (07-14-2021)
Old 07-08-2021, 01:32 AM
Cayenne88
AutoX

Originally Posted by drcollie
Here's a full black out (with clear taillamps) all the way to the exhaust tips and logos. On my GTS. May not help you much since the body is black...but here you go.
Looks nice! Thanks for sharing
Old 07-13-2021, 02:09 AM
sirish19
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just picked up my white e-hybrid and I got only the window trim (and air intake slats) in gloss black. I quite like the look of the window trim in black on the white car. All of my previous cars (3 Cayenne's and one Volvo XC90 all had the silver trim around the windows and after a year or two, they started to look a bit milky. The gloss black looks like it will be much easier to clean.

Cayenne88 (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021, 01:17 AM
Cayenne88
AutoX

Originally Posted by sirish19
I just picked up my white e-hybrid and I got only the window trim (and air intake slats) in gloss black. I quite like the look of the window trim in black on the white car. All of my previous cars (3 Cayenne's and one Volvo XC90 all had the silver trim around the windows and after a year or two, they started to look a bit milky. The gloss black looks like it will be much easier to clean.
Thanks for sharing! Looks great! Is your car optioned with the thermal glass?
Old 07-14-2021, 01:02 PM
moulari
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

My wife's 19 - back then "extended exterior in black" was not an option - it was all done individually. Headlights are standard.

Cayenne88 (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 10:37 AM
sirish19
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for sharing! Looks great! Is your car optioned with the thermal glass?
Thanks. No, this is not thermal glass, just added the privacy glass.
Old 07-15-2021, 01:04 PM
moulari
Advanced

Originally Posted by sirish19
Thanks. No, this is not thermal glass, just added the privacy glass.

Ours is optioned with Thermal Glass - its a love hate relationship. Its good on road trips and on hot days however you loose some ability to hear what is great about the car the engine exhaust etc.
One positive is it really filters out the squeaky brake noise.
Old 07-18-2021, 12:07 AM
Cayenne88
AutoX

Originally Posted by moulari
Ours is optioned with Thermal Glass - its a love hate relationship. Its good on road trips and on hot days however you loose some ability to hear what is great about the car the engine exhaust etc.
One positive is it really filters out the squeaky brake noise.
Looks great! Did you do an aftermarket tint as well on top or is that how it came from Porsche?
Old 07-18-2021, 12:50 PM
moulari
Advanced

No additional tint.

Quick Reply: Extended Exterior Package in Black