Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne 9Y0 2019 - (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019-247/)
-   -   Help deciding between S and GTS (https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-9y0-2019/1256597-help-deciding-between-s-and-gts.html)

arunym 07-06-2021 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG (Post 17527101)
Simply put, if you can afford a GTS, absolute no brainer! I took delivery of mine yesterday, which was 1 of 4 allocations left in the country for MY '21. I just came out of an '18 M5, which I loved and this has already made me forget her on the same day. Sort of like you broke up w/ a nine and landed a 10! ;) I saw some concerns ride wise here and I can tell you that it rides better than my M5. I did load her up w/ PDCC, lt wt sport package, rear wheel steering, etc., but still it's an SAV and handles much better than my M5 did. Power wise compared to the M, she's down 100+ hp, but feels only slightly slower and means nothing to me. The unique thing, is that it has a turbo boost button, that instantaneously hyper spools the turbos and catapults the car on command for 20 sec and all around, the sound from the rear center pipes is outstanding! Note that the center pipes come w/ the lt st sport package / lt wt exhaust. If you need to worry about payments, mileage, etc, then you will surely be happy w/ an S and go GTS when you can do so. :)

Looks amazing. Mine just landed at the Davisville port this morning with anticipated dealer arrival next week (7/15), cant wait, will def post pics! have a lot of the same options, except my color is chalk.

mattsrs 07-06-2021 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by arunym (Post 17534547)
Looks amazing. Mine just landed at the Davisville port this morning with anticipated dealer arrival next week (7/15), cant wait, will def post pics! have a lot of the same options, except my color is chalk.

Do all east coast deliveries go to Davisville port?

arunym 07-06-2021 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by mattsrs (Post 17534570)

I dont think so, but maybe. I ordered an M4 a few years ago and that landed in Savannah, but dealer was out of GA. Assuming porsche would use savannah as well for SE dealers

icemang 07-06-2021 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by mattsrs (Post 17534570)

No they also go to Baltimore, Savannah and I think Jacksonville.

SARGEPUG 07-07-2021 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by arunym (Post 17534547)

Thanks and that's a great color as well. Good friend has a Panamera 4 in same color.

PS: yours a GTS?

arunym 07-08-2021 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by SARGEPUG (Post 17537222)
Thanks and that's a great color as well. Good friend has a Panamera 4 in same color.

PS: yours a GTS?

yes, GTS with light weight sport in black like yours. I went back and forth a ton on color and landed on chalk, its hard to get a color that doesnt look good on this car.

SARGEPUG 07-08-2021 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by arunym (Post 17538245)
yes, GTS with light weight sport in black like yours. I went back and forth a ton on color and landed on chalk, its hard to get a color that doesnt look good on this car.

Agreed!

SARGEPUG 07-08-2021 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by rj2014 (Post 17529401)
Congrats on the new GTS. It looks badass! Hoping one of these days I get a chance to test drive the GTS. I am not a fan of coupe style SUVs but, imo, Cayenne Coupe is the most good looking SUV currently on the market.

I don't think you will find one to test drive. Mine was ordered in March and was 1 of 4 allocations left in the states! They are almost impossible to get.
I'm not sure bout the other models, but if your concern is comfort, you will not be disappointed. The GTS comes w/ an air suspension, that is adjustable like Cheech and Chong's Chevy man. lol
I just came out of an '18 M5 and Wifey has a new '21 X5 M50i.
I find mine rides better even w/ 22s, than both of the BMW Ms in similar settings and both Ms have 20s! Here's a screen shot of the adjustability.
https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...c4b2c27d46.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...53d4e67d4f.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...cbf2162173.jpg

rj2014 07-09-2021 02:07 PM

So I never did get a chance to drive a GTS but based on everyone's comments and what my local dealer has suggested about ride quality, I am just going to go with the GTS. Now the only issue is waiting 6+ months on a new build unless I can magically find a GTS that is close enough to what we are looking for in options.

Appreciate everyone's help here and your comments have been very helpful in making a decision.

arunym 07-09-2021 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by rj2014 (Post 17540643)
So I never did get a chance to drive a GTS but based on everyone's comments and what my local dealer has suggested about ride quality, I am just going to go with the GTS. Now the only issue is waiting 6+ months on a new build unless I can magically find a GTS that is close enough to what we are looking for in options.

Appreciate everyone's help here and your comments have been very helpful in making a decision.

go with the GTS! Dont make location your barrier, you can either plan for roadtrip if dealer is far or they will ship...if ofcourse you find one you like.

drcollie 07-09-2021 06:17 PM

My Dealer in Bethesda MD just got in a GTS two days ago - its high spec, think he said it's $ 133K window sticker, don't know the colors. He said they will not come off MSRP on it, too hard to get them. Its not on their website, but call Christian if you want the specs. His Cell is 571-389-5892.

I LOVE my GTS, the V8 rumble every time I start it makes it special. I'd sell my 992 S before I'd give up my GTS Cayenne.

- Duane C

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...cbf5c8d278.jpg

rj2014 07-09-2021 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by drcollie (Post 17541145)
My Dealer in Bethesda MD just got in a GTS two days ago - its high spec, think he said it's $ 133K window sticker, don't know the colors. He said they will not come off MSRP on it, too hard to get them. Its not on their website, but call Christian if you want the specs. His Cell is 571-389-5892.

I LOVE my GTS, the V8 rumble every time I start it makes it special. I'd sell my 992 S before I'd give up my GTS Cayenne.

- Duane C

Thank you. I actually did reach out to someone at Porsche Bethesda but the GTS they just got has a red interior which was a no go for us. Stunning looking car btw! We will be relocating to the DC area in fall.

rj2014 07-09-2021 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by arunym (Post 17541108)
go with the GTS! Dont make location your barrier, you can either plan for roadtrip if dealer is far or they will ship...if ofcourse you find one you like.

Yeah, I am looking around the country. Btw, on your order, did you ever try to find out if you can delete the carbon fiber roof and just keep the pano roof with the lightweight sport package?

Ticket Target 07-09-2021 10:27 PM

:nono:

Archimedes 07-10-2021 12:37 AM

I’m in the same boat, looking to spec a Cayenne in the next release of allocations. Considering both S and GTS. Great info in this thread, but my head is spinning….