Sponsored By:

Coding Cayenne E3

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 09:14 AM
djdonte
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Chimuel
Since you have a PIWIS, why not attempt it yourself and report back?
Wow I'm a moron... boost pressure is already in my customized menu selection hahaha.
Old 04-26-2024, 06:49 AM
Userix
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ctguy
Thanks so much runbuh! That's great info Ok so I saw this X431 on a lightning special yesterday on Amazon for $370 with next day shipping (it's now regular price of $465) so I jumped on it. I ordered it here :

Amazon - Launch X431 CRP919X OBD2 Scanner

The sub-model is CRP919X and the full name is Launch X431 CRP919X.

So I played around a bit with it.. but don't see anyway to enter codes or look at codes. I wonder if it can do it? Did I get the wrong model? Maybe in the the Pro minis?

"【Newly Released ECU Coding】One of the standout features of the CRP919X is its online coding capability, allowing you to easily perform coding and programming tasks for your vehicle directly from this device."

It says it can do coding though. Any ideas?

I have been trying to disable *** on my cayenne 2023 without any luck. I even have the genuine piwis PT3G v2 (not clone) and still cannot disable ***. Apparently the newer model cars have the DME motor ECU locked from being able to disable auto start stop, even though I find and see all the mentioned coding for disabling ***. It always fails when I try to code the required modified values .
Old 04-26-2024, 07:33 AM
djdonte
Racer

I was able to turn off *** in my 971 but I used a PIWIS 3 in engineering mode. It was in DME [0x1], then go to Coding programming tab, Manual coding without coding rules, Kodierwert, then change the value for Kodierwert: Block07 Start_Stop from "vorhanden" to "nicht vorhanden/Codierzelle nicht." After that I hit write and boom.

Of course I have an Audi engine so there may be different DME parameters than your car. There were several other values in a few modules that reference disable/enable start stop but every time I wrote them, they changed back on power cycle, and did not make *** go away anyway. With the coding I mentioned, the button disappeared off of my PCM immediately.
Old 04-26-2024, 07:43 AM
Userix
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djdonte
I was able to turn off *** in my 971 but I used a PIWIS 3 in engineering mode. It was in DME [0x1], then go to Coding programming tab, Manual coding without coding rules, Kodierwert, then change the value for Kodierwert: Block07 Start_Stop from "vorhanden" to "nicht vorhanden/Codierzelle nicht." After that I hit write and boom.

Of course I have an Audi engine so there may be different DME parameters than your car. There were several other values in a few modules that reference disable/enable start stop but every time I wrote them, they changed back on power cycle, and did not make *** go away anyway. With the coding I mentioned, the button disappeared off of my PCM immediately.

I have tried changing all those options on my cayenne 2023 using a genuine piwis pt3g v2 and it didn’t work. Some of the dme coding options wouldn’t save and just gives an error.
Old 04-26-2024, 07:46 AM
djdonte
Racer

Hmm. Maybe try pinging the guy who helped me? @rnlst_log on here or mhx_log on telegram.
Old 04-29-2024, 08:42 AM
BobEisenberg
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Trailer hitch coding?

Greetings Rennlisters. About to install a Porsche trailer hitch on my new-to-me 9YO Turbo. Coding will be needed so it works the trailer lights properly and maybe so it won’t interfere with the Park Assist while a trailer is attached. I’m considering buying a PIWIS III device to do the coding and for future maintenance on the car. Anyone done this coding?? if not, I may buy a simpler OBDII device to use for basic maintenance going forward and let the dealer do this coding. Thx in advance!
The following users liked this post:
John Veninger (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 11:46 AM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 366 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by BobEisenberg
Greetings Rennlisters. About to install a Porsche trailer hitch on my new-to-me 9YO Turbo. Coding will be needed so it works the trailer lights properly and maybe so it won’t interfere with the Park Assist while a trailer is attached. I’m considering buying a PIWIS III device to do the coding and for future maintenance on the car. Anyone done this coding?? if not, I may buy a simpler OBDII device to use for basic maintenance going forward and let the dealer do this coding. Thx in advance!
Dealer can do it cheap, if they want it.

Note: If your coding does not have the right US setting, your trailer brake lights will not work because some of the brake contacts are programmed differently. My dealer had the wrong setting and for some time I had that problem.

Expect the rear hatch just to unlock and not to lift up automatically when you press to open it, after you attached the electrical connector designed for LED trailers. As soon as you remove it, it will raise all the way when unlocked.

I think LCA is disabled, too, when the connector is in.

BobEisenberg (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 11:51 AM
BobEisenberg
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheACC

Note: If your coding does not have the right US setting, your trailer brake lights will not work because some of the brake contacts are programmed differently. My dealer had the wrong setting and for some time I had that problem.

Expect the rear hatch just to unlock and not to lift up automatically when you press to open it, after you attached the electrical connector designed for LED trailers. As soon as you remove it, it will raise all the way when unlocked.

Thank you!
Old 04-29-2024, 12:37 PM
John Veninger
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

Now that’s funny!
Old 04-29-2024, 03:34 PM
PorscheACC
Burning Brakes

Received 366 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by PorscheACC

Don't forget to purchase and use the 7,700 lbs trailer hitch, and not the 5,000 lbs. It's a lot sturdier and well built.

Last edited by PorscheACC; 04-29-2024 at 03:36 PM.
BobEisenberg (04-29-2024)
Old 05-13-2024, 10:14 PM
celiawessen
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

@putek Have you been able to fully test Rear Cross Traffic Assist (RCTA) feature out? I've been able to get the red chevrons (>>> <<<) on the PCM screen when in Reverse, but don't get any audio cues separate from the normal Park Assist proximity sounds. I'm also too chicken to test out the Emergency Brake feature.
Old 05-19-2024, 11:12 AM
preme123
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shred
Apple Wireless Carplay started working after I enabled its SIM card connection. Thanks for your help!
I have this problem too, the wireless apple car play wouldn't connect to my phone, the in-car screen freezes at connect apple car play. Was wondering after i enabled the code, theres wifi named ANTK_ now. is our iphone supposed to connect wifi to the car's wifi to enable wireless carplay? I cant seem to get it to work. what do you mean by enabling SIM car connection?

thanks
Old 06-03-2024, 04:55 PM
tabaluga
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

is it possible to code traffic sign recognition at Cayenne E3 MY2019?

I did 00x5F activations, but it seems that there are some differences between Macan and Cayenne in A5 and 17...

Regards
Old 06-23-2024, 11:39 AM
CM991
Rennlist Member

Received 274 Likes on 166 Posts

Just got our ‘24 Turbo. Has anyone been able to activate PSE on a Cayenne?
Old 06-23-2024, 11:58 AM
djdonte
Racer

Originally Posted by CM991
Just got our ‘24 Turbo. Has anyone been able to activate PSE on a Cayenne?
I believe you need PIWIS 4 for a 24 model. I couldn’t even read the cluster on my 24 Macan loaner. Some place on instagram claimed they had a clone PIWIS 3 tool with 2024 support though.

Quick Reply: Coding Cayenne E3