Base Cayenne Snow Tire + Wheel Set

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2020, 11:18 AM
DDJ102
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Base Cayenne Snow Tire + Wheel Set

Hi all!

This will be my first year with a 2019 Cayenne in the snow! It was garage kept last year, but my daily driver (05 Escalade) has now been totaled by a reckless driver

I've seen a lot of thread posts about snow tires and wheels, but never found a definitive answer. I am looking at 19inch rims + winter tire set from tire rack, but should I go with a staggered set or a squared set? I am leaning towards a square set, but how are your experiences with it? I've been reading that Cayennes are built to perform the best with a staggered set.

So let me know! Especially those who has gone with a square set! Thanks!!
Old 11-03-2020, 05:52 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by DDJ102
This will be my first year with a 2019 Cayenne in the snow! I
What wheels and tires do you have now and where do you live? If I lived in a four season state, I would buy all season tires and call it good.
Old 11-03-2020, 07:18 PM
DDJ102
5th Gear

Originally Posted by dasams
What wheels and tires do you have now and where do you live? If I lived in a four season state, I would buy all season tires and call it good.
It currently has 21inch with Pirelli all seasons. I live in upstate New York, snow tires are definitely a must for me!
Old 11-03-2020, 09:53 PM
TeutonicCarFan
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

I have full size RR but I am close to pulling trigger on a cayenne coupe. Look at suncoast parts the prices are good I had gotten stuff through them when I had macan s. Also upstate NY (western to be precise)
Old 11-03-2020, 10:45 PM
Sobrut911
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

I am in the northeast and I have been using dedicated snow tires/wheels on all my cars, including SUV’s and all wheel drive sedans, for years. I find them to perform much better than all season tires, especially in deep snow. I went with OEM 20” staggered rims with Michelin tires. The dealer gave me a decent discount because another customer had ordered them and changed his mind. I usually go with aftermarket rims through Tire Rack or Town Faire. If you go with Town Faire it’s free tire swap forever. I end up doing it myself because it takes me less time to do it than drive back and for to Town Faire.The way I look at it is the real cost are the rims because every mile I put on the snows is one less mile on my all season tires which means they’re going to last longer.
Old 11-04-2020, 10:24 PM
chong0
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

Searched this forum a bit, and convinced myself to go with staggered 20s. Went with tire rack and got the oz hyper xt hlt rims with pirelli scorpions. Was not cheap but we do weekly runs to Vermont so I splurged on the rims that fit with same offset. There must have been a reason for the 9y0 switch to staggered from the 958 so if I'm running winters for at least 5 months, might as well keep it staggered
Old 11-13-2020, 04:31 PM
DDJ102
5th Gear

Originally Posted by chong0
Searched this forum a bit, and convinced myself to go with staggered 20s. Went with tire rack and got the oz hyper xt hlt rims with pirelli scorpions. Was not cheap but we do weekly runs to Vermont so I splurged on the rims that fit with same offset. There must have been a reason for the 9y0 switch to staggered from the 958 so if I'm running winters for at least 5 months, might as well keep it staggered
For those who wants an update, I went ahead and got the OE Porsche 20inch Winter wheel and tire set (staggered with Michelins). I was able to get a great discount, although still not cheap, but the price difference between tire rack and OE was less than $500.
Old 11-13-2020, 05:37 PM
swiftygifty
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I didn't want to create another thread and hope this isn't hijacking the OP's.

We recently bought a Coupe E-hybrid and have slightly used 265/50/19 winter tires sitting here from our Levante.

Is it possible to run 19s on the E-hybrid with the regular brakes and will it affect or cause drivetrain errors.

We will hardly drive the vehicle this winter so I didn't want to spend too much on another set, atleast for the moment.

Quick Reply: Base Cayenne Snow Tire + Wheel Set