Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2021 GTS - First Drive Experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 12:32 AM
pbon
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 112 Posts

I played with the configuration as I was shopping and could be happy with a $99-101k S, a $115-117k GTS, and a $132-134k Turbo. Was hoping for a CPO $75k S but no luck and I ended up buying a new $107k MSRP S for $101k.
Old 11-23-2020, 05:21 PM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
Sitting in the vehicle on the dealer’s lot (located close to a busy street), I was a bit surprised by how much traffic noise makes it into the cabin. This was confirmed during a road test when I heard more road noise than I expected. I wonder whether there is a noticeable difference with the privacy and noise insulating glass spec’d? If the privacy glass isn’t too dark I think I’d specify that option. The dealer says that I would probably notice a difference with the sound insulating glass but he isn’t sure that someone walking off the street would appreciate the option with nothing to compare it to.

The V8 in the GTS is such a great engine and has such a nice sound and with the specially tuned PSE, I think Porsche has it just right. While it is a performance variant of Cayenne, Porsche hasn’t forgotten that customers also want luxury and serenity. The PSE in the off position keeps the exhaust quiet with no rumbling or droning under normal driving. Large throttle inputs will elicit sound from both under the hood and from the tailpipes but not objectionable so (even to my sensitive ears). With PSE enabled, the sound is quite a bit louder but not objectionably so. Steady cruising with PSE on is no louder than with it turned off (to my ears), until you step on the gas.
I ordered a '21 with the insulated glass and it does make it quieter in the cabin. Also it does help with cabin heat here in sunny Florida. Agreed about the sound. It's quiet just cruising around but has great growl when you want it to especially with exhaust flaps open. Louder than I expected from the outside.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:39 AM
Bo Zhang
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys know if we will be getting the newly designed GT steering wheel on the 2021 Cayenne GTS model?

Old 11-24-2020, 09:16 AM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 452 Posts

No. I have a '21 GTS.

Quick Reply: 2021 GTS - First Drive Experience