Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

GTS expectaions vs Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 11:26 PM
docmd2010
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 65 Posts

Hi, I'm a little late to reply to this thread. I have a '20 Cayenne Turbo. I've owned it for about 6 months now. I optioned mine out with virtually all the performance options except the Carbon Ceramic brakes. Ended up around 160K retail. Very pricy.

I can tell you, i LOVE LOVE LOVE the car. It is absolutely, by far and way, worth every penny. I look forward to my drives home and into work. Take my car out when the family goes to bed just to drive it, enjoy tunes on the Burmester, or go on a performance ride and really test the car's limits.

The handling is just on another level. It really feels like i'm driving a 911 but sitting higher off the ground. It hauls major ***, and I've gotten 0 to 60 on it in 3.6 seconds on a track. Just crazy for a big, heavy car like this.

Watch Doug Demuro review on youtube on the Turbo. He says it best, in that the Turbo gives you three cars-a luxury car, a family car, and a performance car. All in one.

As far as the GTS is concerned, I did drive a Panny GTS. That was an impressive ride. I don't think you can really compare the two though, because they handle differently. The panny with the PDK gearbox has a more raw feel then the torque converter on the Cayenne, although the Cayenne def feels sporty.

To cap it off, I bought my cayenne. Before I purchased it, i thought for sure I would opt for a Taycan Turbo or a 911 turbo in the future. After owning the cayenne, I simply dont feel the need for a 911 or a Taycan. I'm that pleased with it. I plan on owning this car for 7-9 years. My advice, if you are in a financial position to do it, get the turbo. I promise, you wont be disappointed!

Good luck!
The following 5 users liked this post by docmd2010:
Apex Ace (01-24-2021), Paliknight (10-13-2020), Radi (10-13-2020), Russian Mafia (10-13-2020), TempeAndy (10-12-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 01:33 AM
8378hjlafdljfads
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I too really like my Cayenne Turbo so far (also has all the performance options, which really make a lot of difference). I'm very impressed how well it handles not just for an SUV, but as a GT car essentially. Yes, some "actual" GT cars would be better (such as the Panamera), but not many.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:25 AM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by 8378hjlafdljfads
I too really like my Cayenne Turbo so far (also has all the performance options, which really make a lot of difference). I'm very impressed how well it handles not just for an SUV, but as a GT car essentially. Yes, some "actual" GT cars would be better (such as the Panamera), but not many.
what are all the performance options you guys refer to? Sorry I’m interested in a Cayenne turbo but don’t know much about it
Old 10-13-2020, 12:33 PM
docmd2010
Rennlist Member

PDCC-Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control
PTV-Porsche Torque vectoring
Rear Axle steering
Sports Exhaust-not really a performance booster but sounds amazing and really enhances my driving experience.
PASM
Sports chrono package.

Old 10-13-2020, 12:37 PM
docmd2010
Rennlist Member

Paliknight-I would suggest going to the Porsche build configurator and exploring these options under the "performance" sections. You can see how much each item costs and porsche gives you some detail about what each option adds. Almost every option that you can add to your build has been discussed in detail on this forum. Just do a search!

Old 10-13-2020, 01:53 PM
8378hjlafdljfads
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by docmd2010
Rear Axle steering
Sports Exhaust-not really a performance booster but sounds amazing and really enhances my driving experience.
PASM
Sports chrono package.
Yes these options are what I am referring to, however the sports exhaust is entirely too quiet for the money,I'm rather dissappointed in it. Sound is very muted, sounds like a large vaccum cleaner or tractor. I think Porsche failed on the sports exhaust tone.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:26 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by 8378hjlafdljfads
however the sports exhaust is entirely too quiet for the money,I'm rather dissappointed in it. Sound is very muted, sounds like a large vaccum cleaner or tractor. I think Porsche failed on the sports exhaust tone.
Neighbors probably don't think it is too muted
Old 10-13-2020, 04:37 PM
DAVfoto
Three Wheelin'

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by docmd2010
Rear Axle steering
PASM
Sports chrono package.
PASM and Air will be standard on GTS and Turbo models just to clarify the above. PTV and Sports Exhaust will be standard only on the GTS model. The rest are all additional up charges.

Quick Reply: GTS expectaions vs Turbo